3 Generation TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
WanderingBlues

3 Generation TR

Post by WanderingBlues » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:37 pm

[report]
Father's Day in my family means fishing. As in years past, me, my son, and my father-in-law headed to the eastern Sierras to toss some flies. This may be one of the last adventures. My FIL is 73 and moving slow. He started smoking when he was 6 and still hits 2 packs a day. Plus, he spent 37 years as a firefighter before Breathing Apparatus' were required gear. Nicotine and Dr. Pepper hold that guy together... Takes about an hour of hacking to get moving anymore.

Anyway, it was a chance for me to do some blue lining and to bust out something heavier than my 1wt. Here's some pics, including my Father's Day breakfast. What cop doesn't worship donuts? Especially maple bars topped with bacon. Apologies for the mugs that make it into the pics. I'll keep that to a minimum....

47. 17. And 73.... Hell, my father-in-law started flyfishing 3 years before I was born.....

A special mention to my buddy who kicked me down some of his "Flyfishing Addicts IPA" for the trip. As smooth an IPA as I've ever enjoyed with bourbon cask overtones. Drank a lot of other beers as well.

And finally... If my wife ever wants to get me the ultimate Father's day Gift, I'll take this nice little 4x4 Global X Extreme RV. I even found one used that will only set her back $350,000... Hell yeah.
Image[/report]
A Street Preacher asked me where I wanted to spend Eternity? I said "Fly Fishing." He smiled.

Spicytuna

Re: 3 Generation TR

Post by Spicytuna » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Great stuff and some beautiful country. I can't imagine anything else that could have made that a better trip for you. Really good stuff...good for you. :cool [report][/report]
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

steelrain202

Post by steelrain202 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 am

nice man real nice
the only thing I've learned from reading this entire thread is that the hokey pokey isn't really what it's all about.

lying bastards.~shunned

foureyedgeek

Post by foureyedgeek » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:08 am

Very nice!
some people like Rocky Mountain Oysters... the rest wonder why they are eating balls. - Woolybug

#SavetheDace20XX

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 am

that's one tough looking 73 yr old.

good report
"Most of my money I spent on whiskey and women. The rest I just wasted." locogringo

"Fishing and whores... 99 percent of my brain activity." Blumpkin

Elias Wonder

Post by Elias Wonder » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:29 am

WanderingBlues wrote:[report]And finally... If my wife ever wants to get me the ultimate Father's day Gift, I'll take this nice little 4x4 Global X Extreme RV. I even found one used that will only set her back $350,000... Hell yeah.
Image[/report]

My uncle is the webmaster for this company. Watching what these guys can do with a UniMog and the like is amazing.
http://globalxvehicles.com/
Since I was in kneepants my pop had tried to make me realize
If I set my mind down to it I could be a big man in the public eye
So with my big blue collar on, I set out to find the easy way
What an ice cold bath it was when I found you had to pay to play

Thrillbilly

Post by Thrillbilly » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Really cool stuff WB :cool

So how are you liking the new camera?

jessnuts

Post by jessnuts » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:47 pm

very nice! still gotta get me in the sierras :cool
The River is Why.

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:05 pm

I thought, from the title, that this was gonna be some washed out tailwater TR, but no! Instead it's a great TR filled with awesomeness!
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

WanderingBlues

Post by WanderingBlues » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:12 am

Thrillbilly wrote:Really cool stuff WB :cool
I didn't dunk it yet, but thus far it's pretty nice. The lens is sharp and photo quality is better than I though it would be. I made the mistake of leaving the macro setting on for some of the shots, resulting in some shallow DOF. Pure user error. Some neat scene modes including the Panoramic mode, which is real simple to use. The screen is bright enough in sunlight. Processing time is a bit slow, even with a Class 10 card. The multiple frame burst a 5fps is good image qualiy. File size drops when you run it at 10 or higher. Plenty more testing to do but liking what I see thus far. Olympus did a decent job on this one.
A Street Preacher asked me where I wanted to spend Eternity? I said "Fly Fishing." He smiled.

cantfishforshit
Location: Whever I happen to be at the moment, unless I am drunk.

Post by cantfishforshit » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Damn nice!!! :cool
Better be putting together one hell of a plan to survive this clusterfuck.
-Blumpkin

If it isn't listed on the commodities market, it gets plowed under in favour of something that is. There's no money in willows or young poplar or native grasses.
-Peetso

Roses are red. Bacon is red. Poetry is hard. Bacon
-Unknown

Thrillbilly

Post by Thrillbilly » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:28 pm

WanderingBlues wrote:
Thrillbilly wrote:Really cool stuff WB :cool
I didn't dunk it yet, but thus far it's pretty nice. The lens is sharp and photo quality is better than I though it would be. I made the mistake of leaving the macro setting on for some of the shots, resulting in some shallow DOF. Pure user error. Some neat scene modes including the Panoramic mode, which is real simple to use. The screen is bright enough in sunlight. Processing time is a bit slow, even with a Class 10 card. The multiple frame burst a 5fps is good image qualiy. File size drops when you run it at 10 or higher. Plenty more testing to do but liking what I see thus far. Olympus did a decent job on this one.

Sweet!!!

Glad that it is working out for ya. Ive done that with the macro settings in the past as well on a P&S :smile