This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Nemo
gentlemen... brain dead in the Fort and wrapping the Fall issue. I'm in need, again, of a few good "Ask Trask" questions and answers. (Sorry for the spoiler alert if you thought those were real, but they ain't)

So--last time I asked I ended up with 3-4 ones I used, and each of the people who provided one (that I used) scored a hoody. Same deal this time around, but don't forget--I need the question AND the answer.

Any help?

And since it's better to give than to receive, here's a small brookie:
brookie.jpg
brookie.jpg (561.55 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
a small smallie:
smallie.jpg
smallie.jpg (349.54 KiB) Viewed 3022 times
A small striper:
striper.jpg
striper.jpg (270.86 KiB) Viewed 3022 times

And a really great Olympics video:

[vimeo]
[/vimeo]

Thanks, guys.
By blumpkin
Dear Trask: Why did Kristen Stewart cheat on Robert Pattinson?

[report]Image[/report]
Trask Answers: Simple really, after filming several movies in the Rainforest surrounding Forks, WA
Kristen developed an affinity for Flannel wearing Lumberjack types. Tired of Pasty faced vampire
wannabees she had a fling with a steelhead guide that showed her his intruder then gave her some
one on one instruction on how to properly utilize a "two hander".
Last edited by blumpkin on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By unskunkable
Hey Trask,

I met this hot chick that fly fishes. Should I ask her out? My concern is that she'll want to use my gear when we fish.

Trask:

Really dude? You're concerned that she wants to use your "gear"? This question is worse than that nonsense in Penthouse that Nemo reads...
By RFA
I want to point out that I never got a hoodie. I got a hat, a t shirt, and numerous other things......

Just splitting hairs.

Trask: I am a black and tan coonhound puppy, known for ignoring my owner to pursue whatever I goddamn please. That being said, when I am put in a pickup truck at the end of a 3 day camping trip with the opposing door wide open, giving me an easy escape route, should I jump out (this isn't the question, duh) and run at full speed towards:

1. The Poudre Canyon Road, where the speed limit is a questionable 45, with most cars going 65?

2. A neighboring campsite with several small, buttfuck dogs that have been barking at me for 2 days. They deserve what is coming to them.

3. Off into the woods adjacent the river, howling at full bawl, just because I can. I will eventually find a horrid, rotting carcass to stuff my face with.

4. All of the above.

It really makes no difference to me what you answer, Trask. If you were here, I would bite the shit out of your back legs, only to run out of striking distance when you bared your teeth at me.

Fuck off.

Cooter.

That work?
By Cmdr Taco
Dear Trask:

Here's my dilemma, I suck at casting. But I've heard /read that if I spool my reels with chartreuse or hot pink backing I could get a extra 10' of distance on my casts. I'm kinda skerd since I'm heading to MT and not sure which backing I should buy. Please help me.
By unskunkable
Dear Trask,

What's the best way to avoid hooking a surfcaster on my backcast at Montauk Point?

Dear Unskunkable,

There really is no way to avoid it. Instead I try to time it so that I only hook the ones that either look slow, small or havr so many piercings that they won't notice another. Just don't hook anyone that looks like Joe Pesci, avoid Joe Pesci at all costs!
By unskunkable
Dear Trask,

When sight casting to laid up Carp, I can't seem to get an eat. What gives?

Dear Unskunkable,

First off I would like to say that you my friend, are a genius and incredibly handsome as well.

To answer your question though:

The trick is to fish shorelines with plenty of large rocks. Once you have made several failed attempts to get an eat grab the large rocks and throw them at the Carp. See? That was easy!
By Nemo
Yes!! Winner, winner Chicken-fried-steak dinner. These two:

Trask Answers: Simple really, after filming several movies in the Rainforest surrounding Forks, WA
Kristen developed an affinity for Flannel wearing Lumberjack types. Tired of Pasty faced vampire
wannabees she had a fling with a steelhead guide that showed her his intruder then gave her some
one on one instruction on how to properly utilize a "two hander"

Dear Trask,

What's the best way to avoid hooking a surfcaster on my backcast at Montauk Point?
Dear Unskunkable,

There really is no way to avoid it. Instead I try to time it so that I only hook the ones that either look slow, small or havr so many piercings that they won't notice another.

PM Hoodie size, please. Thx for playing--you guys rule. (And RFA, you know where to come get yours...)
By shunned
dear trask,

mate, if I fish up north I've to deal with crocodiles and if I decide to fish south there's too many sharks... what should I do?
by the by, freshwater fishing requires carrying too many anti-venoms.

onya,
mitch

dear mitch,

stick with the swoffing but always wear black neoprene waders.
I've got $100 @ 4/1 you don't make it to Christmas.

cheers,
trask

edit: this is fucking fixed.
By CarpeTructa
Wow, winners in less than two hours - yet another example of why one should never log off of the Drake! [Wait, there is more than one example, right?]

Dear Trask,
I took the hoodie I got a year or so ago for writing you a question and preserved it in one of those vacuum sealed plastic bags. What do I have to do in order to win another so that I can actually wear one? CarpeTructa

Dear SeizeTheTrout,

Don't ever logoff of the Drake you fucking douchebag.

Yer pal, Trask

...but it wasn't quite over. I rode out with Rudd[…]

Rust Belt 2019

He did....with my camera!! And my fish :gun

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

when do i get my goddamn flies. is what im wonderi[…]

Peeing off the porch....TR

One of these days id like to experience such an av[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine