unlimited; this guy might be a Drakian?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
woolly bugger

unlimited; this guy might be a Drakian?

Post by woolly bugger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:56 am

Juneau man gets DUI on raft in Chena River
by Sam Friedman/sfriedman@newsminer.com
Aug 01, 2012
FAIRBANKS — A Juneau man faces a rare DUI charge for allegedly having a 0.313 breath-alcohol content as he floated through Fairbanks on an inflatable raft Sunday night.

Alaska’s driving under the influence law applies to people operating motor vehicles, water craft and airplanes. The vast majority of charges are for terrestrial motor vehicles.

But when Alaska State Troopers received a report of a “heavily intoxicated” man floating down the Chena River near the Parks Highway bridge at 6:40 p.m. Sunday, a wildlife trooper boat responded and arrested 32-year-old William Modene.

“Modene had been floating on the river for the day and consuming alcoholic beverages the entire time,” troopers wrote in their “daily dispatches” log on their website.

At 0.313, Modene’s breath-alcohol content was almost four times the legal limit for operating a vehicle, 0.08.

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Juneau man gets DUI on raft in Chena River
Last edited by woolly bugger on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

"Go down to the creek. Cast a line over the bright water. Let every thought, emotion and feeling go. Wild water abides."

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Nemeth

Re: Drakian?

Post by Nemeth » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:11 am

If not, he should be....that's one hell of a BAC number, a real accomplishment.
"They'd tow their canoe up to the top of the island and the more it wobbled, the better endowed their firstborn son would be... Old river people tradition." - D-Nymph

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:32 am

I thought it had to be a motorized vessel of some type to get a DUI?
"Most of my money I spent on whiskey and women. The rest I just wasted." locogringo

"Fishing and whores... 99 percent of my brain activity." Blumpkin

crabtops

Post by crabtops » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

Is nothing sacred? Whats the point of tubing if you can't to absolutely wasted?
"You may be about to find out that the sluts are more fun than the pristine ladies."

BigTimber

Post by BigTimber » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm

charges shouldn't stand a chance in court. should have been charged with public drunkedness not DUI.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:04 pm

BigTimber wrote:charges shouldn't stand a chance in court. should have been charged with public drunkedness not DUI.
yup, just talked to buddy of mine that handles DWI cases. he laughed and said that kinda shit gets dropped like a bad habit.

he just got one dropped for a guy that got one for being on a kayak with a trolling motor.
"Most of my money I spent on whiskey and women. The rest I just wasted." locogringo

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:39 pm

Given that most people who float must then drive, even if the charges get dropped, putting that dood in the cooler to sober up before he got behind the wheel was probably a good use of public resources.

tailchaser

Post by tailchaser » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Upsetter wrote:Given that most people who float must then drive, even if the charges get dropped, putting that dood in the cooler to sober up before he got behind the wheel was probably a good use of public resources.
Agreed.

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:15 pm

we have friends in AK , can someone close please check on them?
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

narwhal

Post by narwhal » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:31 pm

AK has weird rules about DWI. I had a friend get a DUI while waterskiing. Not driving the boat....he was on the skis. Basically if you are in a mode of transportation/conveyance and under teh influence, you can get a ticket. The way it was explained to me was that his actions, which were affected by alcohol, could have harmed others.

Not saying I agree with it, but there ya go.

woolly bugger

Re: unlimited; this guy might be a Drakian?

Post by woolly bugger » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:00 pm

#2...

Davidson County deputies are investigating an overnight shooting and attempted armed robbery that Sheriff David Grice said is related to an Internet hookup.

Deputies responded around 1:15 a.m. Friday to a home at 213 Park Avenue after a report of a robbery in progress.

Three people were shot in connection with the incident, Grice said. All three remain in the hospital, though only one is in serious condition at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Grice said.

Names won't be released until an arrest is made and charges are filed, Grice said.

An 18-year-old woman had gone to the home around 12:30 a.m. after the two had met on an Internet site, Grice said.

Grice didn't specifically identify the site in a news conference but warned people about meeting people on the Internet.

"I understand there's some legitimate websites, and there some websites that aren't so legitimate," Grice said. "I just say that you have to use caution when you're interacting with anybody on a website that you’re not looking at face to face."

About 30 minutes later, a masked and armed man pushed his way into the home and held the 53-year-old homeowner at gunpoint, Grice said.

The homeowner was able to push the suspect out of the home after a scuffle, Grice said. However, the suspect shot through the door and the homeowner was struck with gunfire, Grice said.

The homeowner then got a gun of his own and shot both the woman and the suspect as they left together in a vehicle, Grice said.

Read more: http://www.wxii12.com/news/local-news/p ... z22VGnKTe4
ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

"Go down to the creek. Cast a line over the bright water. Let every thought, emotion and feeling go. Wild water abides."

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

T.J. Brayshaw

Re: unlimited; this guy might be a Drakian?

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:15 pm

OK, but which one is the supposed Drakian in this story?