Let's See Your Hound

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Let's See Your Hound

Post by Average Joe » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:15 pm

The "Remembering a great one" thread really got to me. I know that a lot of you have dogs, and I'm sure that there's probably an old thread or two devoted to dogs buried somewhere on the back pages, but I'm too lazy to go look for it.

My wife picked up this guy from a rescue group.
Maggio.JPG
Maggio.JPG (247.46 KiB) Viewed 2540 times
He flinches at any sudden movements, so my guess is his former owner used to beat him. He doesn't bark, and he's incapable of walking in a straight line. If you call him, he'll take two steps towards you, and then make a complete circle, always to the left; then another two steps, and then another circle, etc. I have no idea what the fuck that is all about.

He's gun shy, hates the water, and hates being outside. He's also a prolific drooler, especially in the presence of food. He's a great companion for my wife when I'm away, but otherwise he's the antithesis of everything I think a dog should be, which is why it doesn't bother me when she makes him wear a bandanna. Even so, I know I'll bawl like a baby the day I have to put him down.

So let's see your hound.

K_P

Re: Let's See Your Hound

Post by K_P » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Koda, the finest dog I've ever owned.

Not me or my dog, but a cool photo I took a few years ago of another man with his best friend.

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:58 pm

Growing up we've always had a beagle. They make great family dogs. The last one, who was the coolest dog I ever owned, lived 12 years. I pretty much grew up with that dog. This is the new one....

Now all growed up..
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

cantfishforshit
Location: Whever I happen to be at the moment, unless I am drunk.

Post by cantfishforshit » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:32 pm

The one's I have:

Jenkins, the old man:

Momma:

Roscoe:

The one I want:

Better be putting together one hell of a plan to survive this clusterfuck.
-Blumpkin

If it isn't listed on the commodities market, it gets plowed under in favour of something that is. There's no money in willows or young poplar or native grasses.
-Peetso

Roses are red. Bacon is red. Poetry is hard. Bacon
-Unknown

steelhound

Post by steelhound » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 pm

We have a full house over here. This is out queen bee. She came to us when a family was having a baby and didn't want to have a puppy at the same time. Lucky us
This is our middle girl Maui. She came via the pound. Great dog
And bringing up the rear. This is bear. I found him in the middle of the road in a rain storm. After searching for his "owner" to no avil, we decided he was too good to try to find him another home. He's our good boy, and he let's my wife dress him up
And all at once
frustrated. After a few "what the fucks?" "i suck"s and a break on shore I convinced her to get back to casting. I clearly remember this question/statement "so you actually think this is fun. These fish are fucked"
Marlo

CarpeTructa

Post by CarpeTructa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:16 am

What's this dog-snobbery with only showing hounds? What about the much under-appreciated toy dog category?

Somebody else is going to have to watch the door for me now. Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. Outcast (RIP)

Junglecock
Location: Northern Southeast, Panhandle, Lost Coast, Crackatraz

Post by Junglecock » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:22 am

I'm a little over a year into my first pup since highschool. If there is a situation that isn't made better by the presence of a couple of black lab pups, I haven't experienced it.

Cheers

JC

3 Jack

Post by 3 Jack » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 am

Bad doggie.

Cmdr Taco

Post by Cmdr Taco » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 am

Bruno on a bun

"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day."

~by Harry S. Truman

steelrain202

Post by steelrain202 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:41 am

cocoa, she is a certified PTSD/TBI service dog as well as a certified reading therapy dog most of all shes my best friend

the only thing I've learned from reading this entire thread is that the hokey pokey isn't really what it's all about.

lying bastards.~shunned

LeeO

Post by LeeO » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:51 am

New rescue Brittany that turns out to be a Red and White Irish Setter. There are glimmers that he will hunt.

Custom Bamboo Fly Rods http://www.304rodcompany.com

Walter

Post by Walter » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:34 am

Hunting dog

Rescued pup - best decision ever.

It was supposed to be devils handing Kim Jong Il a giant black cock - RFA