This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Average Joe
The "Remembering a great one" thread really got to me. I know that a lot of you have dogs, and I'm sure that there's probably an old thread or two devoted to dogs buried somewhere on the back pages, but I'm too lazy to go look for it.

My wife picked up this guy from a rescue group.
Maggio.JPG
Maggio.JPG (247.46 KiB) Viewed 2551 times
He flinches at any sudden movements, so my guess is his former owner used to beat him. He doesn't bark, and he's incapable of walking in a straight line. If you call him, he'll take two steps towards you, and then make a complete circle, always to the left; then another two steps, and then another circle, etc. I have no idea what the fuck that is all about.

He's gun shy, hates the water, and hates being outside. He's also a prolific drooler, especially in the presence of food. He's a great companion for my wife when I'm away, but otherwise he's the antithesis of everything I think a dog should be, which is why it doesn't bother me when she makes him wear a bandanna. Even so, I know I'll bawl like a baby the day I have to put him down.

So let's see your hound.
By K_P
Koda, the finest dog I've ever owned.

Not me or my dog, but a cool photo I took a few years ago of another man with his best friend.

By mrl0004
Growing up we've always had a beagle. They make great family dogs. The last one, who was the coolest dog I ever owned, lived 12 years. I pretty much grew up with that dog. This is the new one....

Now all growed up..
By cantfishforshit
The one's I have:

Jenkins, the old man:

Momma:

Roscoe:

The one I want:

By steelhound
We have a full house over here. This is out queen bee. She came to us when a family was having a baby and didn't want to have a puppy at the same time. Lucky us
This is our middle girl Maui. She came via the pound. Great dog
And bringing up the rear. This is bear. I found him in the middle of the road in a rain storm. After searching for his "owner" to no avil, we decided he was too good to try to find him another home. He's our good boy, and he let's my wife dress him up
And all at once
By CarpeTructa
What's this dog-snobbery with only showing hounds? What about the much under-appreciated toy dog category?

By Junglecock
I'm a little over a year into my first pup since highschool. If there is a situation that isn't made better by the presence of a couple of black lab pups, I haven't experienced it.

Cheers

JC
By steelrain202
cocoa, she is a certified PTSD/TBI service dog as well as a certified reading therapy dog most of all shes my best friend

By Walter
Hunting dog

Rescued pup - best decision ever.

Friday Cheer Through Pics

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49215484541_[…]

April 20th.

0BD15041-5DC1-4466-A3C8-4789EB293DF7.jpeg This […]

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Anyways, I heard back from yard and he gave me […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine