A weekend w/o the wimenz.

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
WanderingBlues

Re: A weekend w/o the wimenz.

Post by WanderingBlues » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 am

Real nice camp. I can see why it would be tough to get a spot. Those troot's at the end were pretty sweet as well. You are doing it right on the right side of the country.
A Street Preacher asked me where I wanted to spend Eternity? I said "Fly Fishing." He smiled.

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 am

adopt me!!

good times tx!
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:34 am

I am thinking about putting myself up for adoption. Good stuff!
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin

Chidester

Post by Chidester » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:36 am

Looks like you guys had a blast

Streamer

Post by Streamer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:53 am

That's a great testament to dad/kid time. You will never forget that trip. Your boy will never forget that trip. My sons have told me that. So did Franzen about his trips. Applause.

Yer Pal,
Streamer
"Because I was born in the South, I am a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, or the West, or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being." - Clyde Edgerton

Tragedy and comedy in fishing are practically synonomous.It depends on who is doing and who is looking.

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Great Scott! Alex doesn't know what a fortunate lil bugger he is. Glad to hear you blokes had a whale of a time :cool
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

mrl0004

Post by mrl0004 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:54 pm

That was awesome! :cool

Will you take me to the blob in a few weeks? Just kidding...
"Don't ever underestimate the power of a good blue line session with a 1wt. Shit gets settled out on the boulders, things get prioritized. And, in the end, you put something back in the tank..." -wandering blues

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Good stuff TX !!!!!! Real good.

Fleet Daddy

Post by Fleet Daddy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Purely awsome, Dad......I salute you taking the time with the little man.....Those are memories.....BTW, does the looo work yet...hhahah

Fleet
Never forget, ever!

TX.

Post by TX. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:21 pm

Fleet Daddy wrote:Purely awsome, Dad......I salute you taking the time with the little man.....Those are memories.....BTW, does the looo work yet...hhahah

Fleet
My blood pressure goes up every time I walk by or into it.
She did put the toilette back, but the wax ring didn't come w/ screws so for now it's held to the floor via beeswax. They managed to chip the lid to the tank, twice.
The tile is very nice, but looks like crap and isn't finished (my oldest daughter (13) laid the tile).
She was able to get the old blue porcelain tub out w/ the help of a neighbor. New tub is in, but now I have to re-plumb for the new fixtures and drain.
...And I'm barely even getting started.
Pissed is an understatement.
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:24 pm

My blood pressure goes up every time I walk by or into it.
She did put the toilette back, but the wax ring didn't come w/ screws so for now it's held to the floor via beeswax. They managed to chip the lid to the tank, twice.
The tile is very nice, but looks like crap and isn't finished (my oldest daughter (13) laid the tile).
She was able to get the old blue porcelain tub out w/ the help of a neighbor. New tub is in, but now I have to re-plumb for the new fixtures and drain.
...And I'm barely even getting started.
Pissed is an understatement.
Is the flange okay ? Why didn't it get bolted down ? If the flange is fucked you can get a repair flange and will allow it to be bolted down. Let me know if you need any "turd herding" advice. Be happy to help a good dad.

TX.

Post by TX. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks SOBF.
The ring kit was supposed to have the bolts, but they were missing. I have a new one out in the shop, she also bought a flange repair/ extension in case she fucked it up...
I'll make it work, I just had a ton of other shit to do this week (like finishing the NEW bathroom).
Which one of you fuckers has a flats skiff in the NC mountains?-southernstrain
Was there also a raft,drift boat,jon boat,and a gheeno in the yard?-Kyle