Fight Club (a poll)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Fishmaster Flex

Fight Club (a poll)

Post by Fishmaster Flex » Fri May 26, 2006 11:53 am

If you could fight any fishing personality living or dead, who would it be?
"A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse" mf doom

Fishmaster Flex

Re: Fight Club (a poll)

Post by Fishmaster Flex » Fri May 26, 2006 11:58 am

There are a lot of people on that list that need a good beating. I am torn between the challenge of Brian Okeefe and the glory of being able to say [/img] beat the shit out of Lefty"
"A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse" mf doom

Deerhawk

Post by Deerhawk » Fri May 26, 2006 12:08 pm

I voted just to see if anyone was pissed at Nemo :coffee:
Take a powder shithead... this is MY spot!
Proud Member of the Hook and Bullet Generation

Shaq

Post by Shaq » Fri May 26, 2006 12:12 pm

rule #1: We do not talk about fight club
June 24, 2017
Pineville, NY
http://www.speynation.com

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Fri May 26, 2006 12:15 pm

Interesting question. Here's how I'd narrow it down:Nemo: No way. Guy lands 3 lb. smallies on a 3wt fer chrissakes. Manimal.Joan Wulff: Geez. It'd be like dropping the Atomic Elbow on my Aunt Sally. Cruel and unusual.Lefty: Nice guy and all, but I'd rather see him jello wrestle a couple of scantily-clad co-eds, and I think he would too.Brian Chan: Tempting. He is a bit annoying, what with his #24 chironimids and all. But I'm pretty sure he's a martial bad ass underneath a nerdy exterior, and knows monkey knife fighting at a level I've only dreamed of.The Rajeff Brothers: I'd rather mock them for getting behind that whole cheesy Airflo grooved line thing. Besides, never take on brothers, they have psychic links.Most of the others aren't even worth mention. So for me it comes down to either James Prosek or the Editors of Fly Fisherman. In the end, I think Prosek would be an easy pin, though he migh turn out to be one of those skinny, squirrely psychos when backed to a corner who bites and pulls your hair. So with a fly roundhouse backspin kick, I behead the Editors of Fly Fisherman in one sweep. In a nod to Kurosawa, I mount their heads on pikes. But in a novel twist, they are live northern pikes, and I watch them swim into the depths, their bald heads disappearing in the gloaming. I then buy up what only I know to be the last issues of Fly Fisherman, wait for the news to break, and sell the last issues at grossly inflated prices to idiots on eBay who cream over that drivel, and retire, donating half my fortune to Drake Enterprises, Intl, to aid in our world domination and pimp out the bunker.

<small>[ May 26, 2006, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Smithhammer ]</small>
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Fri May 26, 2006 12:20 pm

Excitable boy, they all said.
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

FliesOnly

Post by FliesOnly » Fri May 26, 2006 12:23 pm

Pimp the Drake Bunker Image Image
"yeah go and catch that big one over there, while i twist up another hooter. don''t fuck around too long though lunch is in 15 minutes and then it''s nap time."n ~Ginseng Sullivan "Guiding the private water"

coolconman

Post by coolconman » Fri May 26, 2006 12:28 pm

Smith, you put way too much thought and effort into that disturbing statement. I fear your mental condition is rapidly deteriorating in that cold, thin, canadian air. And lets be honest, it wasn't all that high up there even when you were on American soil. :o
"Hey man, I''m not a tree hugger......but if I see one with titties, Ima hump da shit out of it."n ~dutch(effin new guy)

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Fri May 26, 2006 12:32 pm

Originally posted by coolconman:n Smith, you put way too much thought and effort into that disturbing statement. I fear your mental condition is rapidly deteriorating in that cold, thin, canadian air. And lets be honest, it wasn't all that high up there even when you were on American soil. :o
I can only argue with the first part, about putting too much thought into it. It's just the opposite - I hit "Post Reply," empty my brain of all thought (not terribly hard), and dip my fingers in the cold, gin-clear streams of consciousness till the demons are channeled out of me.The rest of it is inarguably true however.
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

Glista

Post by Glista » Fri May 26, 2006 12:55 pm

I just couldn’t go after the editors of Flyfisherman magazine! Who wants to be accused of being a women beater!

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Fri May 26, 2006 1:05 pm

I abstain from this poll because I want to fight Jesus.
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

tarpon slime sunscreen

Post by tarpon slime sunscreen » Fri May 26, 2006 1:07 pm

How come you didn't include those 3 bikini holders from that short lived fishing show - I can't even remember the name. They looked pretty good doing it tho. I'd wrassel them for awhile and then go have a few tequila shots and try out new bikini knots.
''He seeks drama, a simplified understanding of an impossibly complex subject, and of course cheap laughs.'' D. Quammen