Beetle offer to The Drake editors

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
DeShootnestGent'man

Re: Beetle offer to The Drake editors

Post by DeShootnestGent'man » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:17 pm

P-A wrote:I would like to drink your beer...

But stay at your place?

No.

As to my late fishing report...

Am I working on a deadline?

Come on, man.

Time to grow up.

The beetle character Is a stupid tired out joke.

Ok?

I really have no interest in fighting the same battles over and over again with the same people who just won't let it go,

Truth is this.

The beetle character is a small minded simpleton who says things like "your flies suck" and "you catch a hell of a lot ... Of dinks!"

That's the joke.

Seems simple to me but legions of idiots can't handle being told their flies are lousy, or that they catch dinks.

It was the same joke.

Over.

And over.

I'm done with it.

Now, I ain't gonna fight again...

But shit.

Expect a whole lot of flak directed at beetle.

From bad fly tyers.

And subpar fishermen.

Who take themselves way too seriously.

And...

Just wondering...

Do you actually have a drift boat?
We had a guy here that took care about people like you, sorry to say that he aint around
anymore. But you kind of disgrace his memory, so please man just fuck of or die in a fire.
I get enough of this third person shite at work.
:bomb :bomb :bomb[/quote]

P-A,

Thank you, good sir, for keeping the "flame" alive.

Cheers,

DSG

:cool
"We old farts meet on Tuesdays for bacchi ball and whores. Bring a shotgun."- G.P.

Imperial Fly God

Post by Imperial Fly God » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 am

Well at least the beetle makes it interesting. It's a good change from all the man loving that goes on here for being a trout douche.

Cmdr Taco

Post by Cmdr Taco » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 am

GDIAF Douche Nozzle... :gun
"Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day."

~by Harry S. Truman

Ricky Bobby

Post by Ricky Bobby » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm

FFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!! Its way to early for this shit... Its still fishing season... A sign of things to come, its going to be an early season for trolls this year boys....
Well, I''m the best there is. Plain and simple, when I wake up in the morning I piss excellence

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Ricky Bobby wrote:FFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!!! Its way to early for this shit... Its still fishing season... A sign of things to come, its going to be an early season for trolls this year boys....
I'm with you RB, fishing season is just starting.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

K_P

Post by K_P » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:46 pm

G_Smolt

Post by G_Smolt » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:21 pm

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:30 pm

"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

fatman

Post by fatman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 pm

beetle.png
beetle.png (8.72 KiB) Viewed 481 times
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Pedorro

Post by Pedorro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm

Imperial Fly God wrote:Well at least the beetle makes it interesting. It's a good change from all the man loving that goes on here for being a trout douche.
Yet another pseudo. Buddy ain't going nowhere.
He's like dog shit on a shoe, you can't shake him.

From 13 tips to deal with a sociopath.
I know it's long but he can't help but to read it because it's about him.
Don't even respond to this post, let it die.

"Do not join the game.
Intrigue is a sociopath's tool. Resist the temptation to compete with a seductive sociopath, to outsmart him, psychoanalyze, or even banter with him. In addition to reducing yourself to his level, you would be distracting yourself from what is really important, which is to protect yourself.

The best way to protect yourself from a sociopath is to avoid him, to refuse any kind of contact or communication.
Psychologists do not usually like to recommend avoidance, but in this case, I make a very deliberate exception. The only truly effective method for dealing with a sociopath you have identified is to disallow him or her from your life altogether. Sociopaths live completely outside of the social contract, and therefore to include them in relationships or other social arrangements is perilous. Begin this exclusion of them in the context of your own relationships and social life. You will not hurt anyone's feelings. Strange as it seems, and though they may try to pretend otherwise, sociopaths do not have any such feelings to hurt.
You may never be able to make your family and friends understand why you are avoiding a particular individual. Sociopathy is surprisingly difficult to see, and harder to explain. Avoid hi/her anyway.

If total avoidance is impossible, make plans to come as close as you can to the goal of total avoidance.

Question your tendency to pity too easily.
Respect should be reserved for the kind and the morally courageous. Pity is another socially valuable response, and should be reserved for innocent people who are in genuine pain or who have fallen on misfortune. If, instead, you find yourself often pitying someone who consistently hurts you or other people, and who actively campaigns for your sympathy, the chances are close to one hundred percent that you are dealing with a sociopath.

Related to this -- I recommend that you severely challenge your need to be polite in absolutely all situations. For normal adults in our culture, being what we think of as "civilized" is like a reflex, and often we find ourselves being automatically decorous even when someone has enraged us, repeatedly lied to us, or figuratively stabbed us in the back. Sociopaths take huge advantage of this automatic courtesy in exploitive situations.

Do not be afraid to be unsmiling and calmly to the point.

Do not try to redeem the unredeemable.
Second (third, fourth, and fifth) chances are for people who possess conscience. If you are dealing with a person who has no conscience, know how to swallow hard and cut your losses.

At some point, most of us need to learn the important if disappointing life lesson that, no matter how good our intentions, we cannot control the behavior-- let alone the character structures-- of other people. Learn this fact of human life, and avoid the irony of getting caught up in the same ambition he has-- to control.

If you do not desire control, but instead want to help people, then help only those who truly want to be helped. I think you will find this does not includeDo not join the game.
Intrigue is a sociopath's tool. Resist the temptation to compete with a seductive sociopath, to outsmart him, psychoanalyze, or even banter with him. In addition to reducing yourself to his level, you would be distracting yourself from what is really important, which is to protect yourself.

The best way to protect yourself from a sociopath is to avoid him, to refuse any kind of contact or communication.
Psychologists do not usually like to recommend avoidance, but in this case, I make a very deliberate exception. The only truly effective method for dealing with a sociopath you have identified is to disallow him or her from your life altogether. Sociopaths live completely outside of the social contract, and therefore to include them in relationships or other social arrangements is perilous. Begin this exclusion of them in the context of your own relationships and social life. You will not hurt anyone's feelings. Strange as it seems, and though they may try to pretend otherwise, sociopaths do not have any such feelings to hurt.
You may never be able to make your family and friends understand why you are avoiding a particular individual. Sociopathy is surprisingly difficult to see, and harder to explain. Avoid hi/her anyway.

If total avoidance is impossible, make plans to come as close as you can to the goal of total avoidance.

Question your tendency to pity too easily.
Respect should be reserved for the kind and the morally courageous. Pity is another socially valuable response, and should be reserved for innocent people who are in genuine pain or who have fallen on misfortune. If, instead, you find yourself often pitying someone who consistently hurts you or other people, and who actively campaigns for your sympathy, the chances are close to one hundred percent that you are dealing with a sociopath.

Related to this -- I recommend that you severely challenge your need to be polite in absolutely all situations. For normal adults in our culture, being what we think of as "civilized" is like a reflex, and often we find ourselves being automatically decorous even when someone has enraged us, repeatedly lied to us, or figuratively stabbed us in the back. Sociopaths take huge advantage of this automatic courtesy in exploitive situations.

Do not be afraid to be unsmiling and calmly to the point.

Do not try to redeem the unredeemable.
Second (third, fourth, and fifth) chances are for people who possess conscience. If you are dealing with a person who has no conscience, know how to swallow hard and cut your losses.

At some point, most of us need to learn the important if disappointing life lesson that, no matter how good our intentions, we cannot control the behavior-- let alone the character structures-- of other people. Learn this fact of human life, and avoid the irony of getting caught up in the same ambition he has-- to control.

If you do not desire control, but instead want to help people, then help only those who truly want to be helped. I think you will find this does not include the person who has no conscience.

The sociopath's behavior is not your fault, not in any way whatsoever. It is also not your mission. Your mission is your own life.

Never agree, out of pity or for any other reason, to help a sociopath conceal his or her true character. the person who has no conscience.

The sociopath's behavior is not your fault, not in any way whatsoever. It is also not your mission. Your mission is your own life.]

Never agree, out of pity or for any other reason, to help a sociopath conceal his or her true character."

All these new members who refer to him are him.
Ignore and he will go back under his rock. Really guys, unless the mods can cut off his Mac address he's here. Not worth the trouble. Just ignore unknown members who refer to him.
That Fly took such a shellackin' I just wanted put a warm towel on her shoulders and
giver her a bowl of chicken soup…Blumpkin

We have an easygoing and demotivated freemarket type of uslessness here...JhnnyThndr

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Like toenail fungus. I've tried everything now I just try to enjoy livin with it.

I think the "BM" on this mound actually stands for "bowel movement"; one of Franzen's, if I'm not mistaken...