Pathetic and sad

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Gremlin

Pathetic and sad

Post by Gremlin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:05 am

I find this pathetic and sad....

------------------------------
WESTERN COLORADO WATERS TO BE STOCKED WITH RAINBOW TROUT

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. - Colorado Parks and Wildlife will be stocking a large number of 10-inch rainbow trout into lakes and reservoirs across the Grand Valley and in the Rifle and Silt areas over the next several weeks as the agency wraps-up their fall stocking schedule.

Cooler weather and current water quality conditions are favorable for stocking, and anglers looking for great opportunities this fall will soon be able to fish for these large rainbows at many of their favorite fishing holes.

The following lakes are on this fall's stocking schedule:

- Mack Mesa Lake at Highline State Park
- Fruita Red Rocks Lake at James M. Robb Colorado River State Park (Fruita Section)
- Snooks Bottom Lake
- West Lake
- Corn Lake (James M. Robb Colorado River State Park (Corn Lake Section)
- Palisade River Bend Park Pond
- Old Orchard and Roans Pothole Ponds at James M. Robb Colorado River State Park (Island Acres Section)
- Parachute Pond - Rifle Pond South
- Rifle Gap Reservoir at Rifle Gap State Park
- Harvey Gap Reservoir at Harvey Gap State Park

Colorado Parks and Wildlife recommends fishing as a great, family activity and encourages everyone to take advantage of the cool weather and great fishing opportunities across the state.

Fishing licenses can be purchased from your local Colorado Parks and Wildlife office, license agents, and through the internet at cpw.state.co.us.

Agency officials say most of these waters will be stocked with catchable trout again in the spring of 2013.

For more information, go to: http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/Pages/Fishing.aspx

Colorado Parks and Wildlife manages 42 state parks, all of Colorado's wildlife, more than 300 state wildlife areas and a host of recreational programs.

###
The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

BigTimber

Re: Pathetic and sad

Post by BigTimber » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:16 am

I'll bet they line up in droves to fish to LARGE 10 inchers.
This place has enough jiggly milkbags, marsupials fisting off, and animated cherubs getting stabbed in the fuck to get anyone shitcanned, if''n their boss can''t take a joke. ~SUAF

Pussy, much like freedom, ain't free.

America has become a dildo that has turned berserkly on its owner. ~McGuane 1971

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:30 am

Could be worse. At least they're not dumping stockers into rivers that already have viable populations of wild trout.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:18 pm

Jon wrote:Could be worse. At least they're not dumping stockers into rivers that already have viable populations of wild trout.
unfortunately, they do.
The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

jerome

Post by jerome » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:32 pm

Sounds more like Ga than Colorado. Which other western states stock certain lakes and such, It keeps the worm dunkers away from wild fish in many places. Still hate to think about it honestly, I was hoping Id moved away from such nonsense.
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

Scary Mc

Post by Scary Mc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:12 pm

What's the problem? Fuck, let the kids and rednecks fish for stockers in county ponds/lakes. Keeps them out of the high country.

With the exception of the bottom three locations it's really non-issue as far as possible flooding overrun and fish escape goes. Troots don't survive in that section of the colorado due to siltation and high temps.
"I'm gonna put my shoulder to the wheel 'cause I wanna catch some fish"
-Greg Brown

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Scary Mc wrote:What's the problem? Fuck, let the kids and rednecks fish for stockers in county ponds/lakes. Keeps them out of the high country.
I think it's pathetic that anyone besides a kid would want to do this. It also sends the message that trout come from the CDOW, not from nature. Who needs clean water and habitat, when you can just grow'em and dump'em.

Scary Mc

Post by Scary Mc » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Gremlin wrote:
Scary Mc wrote:What's the problem? Fuck, let the kids and rednecks fish for stockers in county ponds/lakes. Keeps them out of the high country.
I think it's pathetic that anyone besides a kid would want to do this. It also sends the message that trout come from the CDOW, not from nature. Who needs clean water and habitat, when you can just grow'em and dump'em.
Point understood, but having, until last spring, lived in Grand Junction for 8yrs I know there really are not many fishing opportunities for kids whose parents don't ever/can't afford to leave the valley.
I think the continued stocking programs suck also, but if they are gong to take place I would much rather them dump hatchery fish into put-and-take ponds where they won't survive the summer, than into the high country where they are likely to do more damage than they already have.
"I'm gonna put my shoulder to the wheel 'cause I wanna catch some fish"
-Greg Brown

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:40 pm

by the way, I enjoy fishing for stockers in resevoirs, where they let them grow, and they learn to feed on natural food. I don't think we have much daylight in our views in the scheme of things

HPFF

Post by HPFF » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:07 pm

They do the same thing around here , and while I realize the scenario is entirely different because we don't have waters that support wild trout , I like to think that by lining the shores of the local pond or lake with folks catching stockers on powerbait it keeps them off those waters that definitely don't need that kind of attention.
We call them the "Bucket Brigade" around here...5 gallon bucket (to sit on and then throw your fish in as you catch em) and a sack of powerbait and salmon eggs. You don't want to see those guys on your local trout streams!!
"Pork on the plate and pigs in the drink." Ironman

golden beetle

Post by golden beetle » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:52 pm

I read this and totally agree.

They should stock browns, because they grow bigger and holdover better.

Definitely not bows.

Good job picking up on the ridiculousness.

Willi

Post by Willi » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:14 pm

This is a problem because the fish won't hold over or?

Willi