Sneaky Tuesday (TR)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
LuckyBastard

Sneaky Tuesday (TR)

Post by LuckyBastard » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

[report]

I've had the last 3 weeks off work (Wedding/Honeymoon), and we've spent this past week relaxing at home. I snuck out on Tuesday. I decided to visit a Happy Little Stream that I haven't visited in 2 seasons, as we've had fuck all rain. This year has been better (slightly), so I thought I'd go see how the fish had coped. The Happy Brook:

Plan usually consists of hiking down to a little man made dam, then fish back up. There always used to be half a dozen in the dam:

This time, there was only one:

I continued upstream, but something was wrong, there were no fish in the usual places. Every riffle and pool used to hold little 250mm fish eager to hit a dry...

But the bigger pools still held a single large (for this stream) fish

This usually did the job, except for the fish above, he required a Bugger, as the flow was too heavy for this little nymph:

With the lack of fish numbers, I took ghey shots (though I'm not very good). Flowers all the way up the valley, Here's one:

Lunch at the top:
Image[/report]
"Honey, one more cast, then we''ll go, promise..."

LuckyBastard

Re: Sneaky Tuesday (TR)

Post by LuckyBastard » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:57 pm

[report]I continued to the dam I regularly visit. I decided on using a classy rod, that you'd have to pry from my cold, dead hands. This rod wins all fights (Prison Rules)

The conditions were good for a hatch. Cloudy, mild afternoons here mean Caddis:

During the hatch I brought shitloads of little bows like this to hand, and lost some very good fish:

Then a mudeye hatch started at dusk. Things got silly, and I must have landed another half dozen cookie cutter 'bows. Decided to call it a night on a rare Brown:

Back to Work Monday :smile

:cool[/report]
"Honey, one more cast, then we''ll go, promise..."

WanderingBlues

Post by WanderingBlues » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Those you did bring to hand looked healthy.
A Street Preacher asked me where I wanted to spend Eternity? I said "Fly Fishing." He smiled.

shunned

Post by shunned » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:43 am

you brought that brown from home, pants on fire.

speaking of which... I want to move house.
sorry, what I mean is... I want to move state.
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:44 am

Three weeks off and a great day of fishing. On a Tuesday no less. Lucky bastard indeed.

:cool

Ephemeral

Post by Ephemeral » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:12 am

Fine report.

Thank you.
"Won't you tell me, brave captain why are the wicked, so strong, how can the angels get to sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on." Tom Waits