This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Theonetrout
#504046
Here it goes, heard about this forum from a friend. I would like to give my formal introduction in hopes that I may be called on as a Drake pledge. I am a broke 25 yr old college grad, M.A secondary Ed social studies. Did I mention jobless as far as teaching positions are concerned? I suck at life for the most past but I can fish (you don't have to catch them to be a fishermen right?). I drink to much and spend too much time at my tying desk in order to forget about all the bs that surrounds me. I chose the username "theonetrout" as a reflection to why I am posting this at all. 5 years ago, a Shakespeare 4/5wt, size 16 mosquito, half dozen yuenglings, and a 8 inch stocked rainbow, I was ruined. That one trout was and is the source of all my torment. Since that first fish I have been consumed by fly fishing. I've spent 3 years guiding in Alaska for Pacific run salmon, dollies, and rainbows. Countless hours have been spent with meat hunting clients in the pouring rain, who I'm not sure we're trying to catch fish or trying to kill me with their weighted flies. I fish for anything and everything that will take a fly. For anyone taking the time to read this, I'm not sure why you are. I'm looking for some fellowship and opportunities for adventure. I will do what I can to contribute to this community. I don't expect your open arms or embracing so go ahead and let me have my beating if you would be so kind. Did I mention I am a chronic masturbater?

Cheers
By Kylemc
#504047
I NEVER comment on newb threads, with that being said, go ahead and fuck right off.
User avatar
By austrotard
#504050
who was the last one we let in just for the hell of it?

if you can find that out we'll let you in with this piss poor effort at an intro.

failing that, fuck right off.
no one here cares and your mate obviously/secretly hates your fucking guts.

happy new year,
mitch
User avatar
By The_Fuk
#504051
wildman wrote:Man I thought my intro sucked. OK u got at lest 3 more tries

Yours did and no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no on 3 tries. :bomb

Teh_Fuk
User avatar
By Crick Addict
#504052
Theonetrout wrote:Here it goes, heard about this forum from a friend. I would like to give my formal introduction in hopes that I may be called on as a Drake pledge. I am a broke 25 yr old college grad, M.A secondary Ed social studies. Did I mention jobless as far as teaching positions are concerned? I suck at life for the most past but I can fish (you don't have to catch them to be a fishermen right?). I drink to much and spend too much time at my tying desk in order to forget about all the bs that surrounds me. I chose the username "theonetrout" as a reflection to why I am posting this at all. 5 years ago, a Shakespeare 4/5wt, size 16 mosquito, half dozen yuenglings, and a 8 inch stocked rainbow, I was ruined. That one trout was and is the source of all my torment. Since that first fish I have been consumed by fly fishing. I've spent 3 years guiding in Alaska for Pacific run salmon, dollies, and rainbows. Countless hours have been spent with meat hunting clients in the pouring rain, who I'm not sure we're trying to catch fish or trying to kill me with their weighted flies. I fish for anything and everything that will take a fly. For anyone taking the time to read this, I'm not sure why you are. I'm looking for some fellowship and opportunities for adventure. I will do what I can to contribute to this community. I don't expect your open arms or embracing so go ahead and let me have my beating if you would be so kind. Did I mention I am a chronic masturbater?

Cheers

You are a true trout bum, never let anyone tell you any difference. I'm new here, too. Do you have a favorite 5#? What color
backing do I need to use? Do you fish from a boat or do you mostly wade fish? Do you own a Scott fly pole, if so, do they really lay it down? Everytime I ask these questions, the assholes on this forum tell me to fuck off, die in a fire, etc...

Tightlines!
User avatar
By fatman
#504053
I was hoping to beat Bruce Lee. Shit. :coffee
User avatar
By wildman
#504054
The_Fuk wrote:
wildman wrote:Man I thought my intro sucked. OK u got at lest 3 more tries

Yours did and no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no on 3 tries. :bomb

Teh_Fuk
Looks like u did learn something at school.. how to spell no. : bomb. How many years did u ride the short bus?
By Theonetrout
#504056
Crick addict,
Favorite 5 is 8'6" sage zxl no contest
Mostly wade fish, unless after muskie
I literally sent out an order for my first two Scott rods about a week ago. T3h 4wt switch and an 6'6" f2 3wt (I've heard good things about both) their g2 series is supposedly EPIC!

Best,
User avatar
By Walter
#504057
No shit Fatman - I was all excited to get in early and this is what I get for my promptness? Fuck you "theonechode". Was that "masturbater" (nice spelling) comment supposed to make me laugh and make up for the fact that you suck more dick than wildman and don't have shitfuckall to contribute to good people of the drake other than some rambling bullshit about an 8 inch trout and how you skull fucked the shit out of its stocked ass?

I bet theonechode will show up in the Pay it Forward thread and claim some top notch offering and then pay some dirty tube sock. Fuck.

Bah humbug. GDIAF
User avatar
By SLSS
#504058
User avatar
By Walter
#504059
Theonetrout wrote:Crick addict,
Favorite 5 is 8'6" sage zxl no contest
Mostly wade fish, unless after muskie
I literally sent out an order for my first two Scott rods about a week ago. T3h 4wt switch and an 6'6" f2 3wt (I've heard good things about both) their g2 series is supposedly EPIC!

Best,

Actually, Dude. I'm glad you are here. That was EPIC.

Happy new year!
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 9
Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Anyways, I heard back from yard and he gave me […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Red Lady Muddler https://live.staticflickr.c[…]

A last visit..tr

Nice stuff

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. Thanks for all you do for us on t[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine