Alright, here's the problem

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Surly

Alright, here's the problem

Post by Surly » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:11 pm

I sent a rod to a dude back in February of 2005 for repair. Needed to have a ferrule re-set and re-wrapped. A couple hours worth of work. When I talked to him, he said I'd get it back before the fishing season started. March comes, no rod. April comes, no rod. May comes, no rod. June comes, no rod. See a pattern? Everytime the guy was called he was "looking at it now, I'll get to it this week."Fast forward to January. Sent him a mess of emails that were not returned. He won't return my phone calls. Doesn't even pick up. I've seen him posting on another board, so I know he's alive and has internet access. At this point all I want is the damned rod back. I got it as a graduation present from the old crusty who taught me how to fish.Girlfriend's a lawyer, I'd hate to get her involved. Any sucky suggestions?
"If the trout are lost, smash the State." Thomas McGuane

tim_s

Re: Alright, here's the problem

Post by tim_s » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:18 pm

sounds like a rod builder i know! no lie, same sh!t, and this was a guy i fished with alot!do you have a receipt? this will make it easier....send a certified letter, if you get no response, go the legal routefuck it....he's had his shot and then some to make good, give him one more try, then get the damn rod back...
Fly Fishing in Maine - http://flyfishinginmaine.com/

Brookwookie

Post by Brookwookie » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:25 pm

Originally posted by Surly:n I've seen him posting on another board, so I know he's alive and has internet access.
You want we should have a little chat with him then?n Image
The Most Recent Evolution Of Muthafusticus Modernusticus
Buster Wants To Fish

creeklover

Post by creeklover » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:25 pm

Post his name and company so a fellow Drakian won't make a mistake and do some "bidness" with him. It's amazing, people like that can own a business and actually sustain it....
"''nut, i''d resize but i''m far too busy catching the fuck outta steelhead" - b_t_fry

http://busterwantstofish.com/

tom

Post by tom » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:27 pm

Have you looked into assassination? :(
I'm so old I remember when women had ear rings and men had tattoos~Lefty Kreh

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:30 pm

I have a disturbingly similar problem with a bamboo rodbuilder. He's had my deposit for nearly three years and for the last two he hasn't returned calls or e-mails. His website is gone, and I suspect he's out of the rod business. I've had conversations with a few of his customers that were screwed like you - one acquaintance sent back a rod for minor repair and this thieving dick apparently sold it to somebody else. :mad: I hope that's not the case with your rod.Hell, yes ask the GF what could be done - good luck, Surly.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

tim_s

Post by tim_s » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:38 pm

jonJK the initials of the builder....

Nubbs

Post by Nubbs » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:46 pm

Originally posted by tom:n Have you looked into assassination? :(
Maybe a donkey punch will do the trick.
Image n If that don't work do what Tom says.
Fuck yes.

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:48 pm

Tim -My nemesis' initials are JP. I'd post his company's name here, but since the website's gone, I doubt anybody will be sending this goniff any future deposits.At this point, I've written it off. Karma will punish this fraudulent shithole more than I could.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

Surly

Post by Surly » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:59 pm

No reciept from the builder, shit, who is Gary Lacey with the Granger Rod Company. The rod I sent is a Granger. I thought that by sending it to him, it would be a "proper" repair. The color of the wraps is very difficult to match, and Mr. Lacey said he had the original silks from Granger. Still has the name of the gentleman who gave it to me on the rod tube. HE is calling Mr. Lacey tonight to try and get the rod released. This is his last chance.I hope I didn't learn an expensive lesson...

<small>[ April 24, 2006, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Surly ]</small>
"If the trout are lost, smash the State." Thomas McGuane

tim_s

Post by tim_s » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:15 pm

surprised....gary seems pretty on the ball, he is a decent enough guymy guess: he's been busy with the re-launch of granger/LLB rods, but that is no excuse....

Spooled

Post by Spooled » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:23 pm

You need to talk to this woman. Image
"Don''t carry a lantern in moonlight" Japanese Proverbn n Shawn