TR intros - new year, new thought

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Randall Dee

Re: TR intros - new year, new thought

Post by Randall Dee » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:37 pm

thalweg wrote:I come here for the pictures of reels and expensive watches.
I come here for the shit fights between MB and TP.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 pm

BearsFan wrote:If I could see more dark haired, dark eyed, girls I would be a much happier person. A tiny bit of ink would not hurt.
I didn't see any ink but you might be able to find some if you study it closely enough. NSFW.

"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

VTNZ

Post by VTNZ » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:51 pm

Don't get me wrong Yard...of course it's all about those things. Absolutely. Especially when all those other things help shape an actual fishing experiance or a valiant attempt. I don't care what size the fish are. Show me some high mtn Goldens; baby tarpon...I don't care, it's all good and whatever that made up the trip is all good; if it's shown halfway decent and shows effort.

Effort is the key word. And as someone who I know goes bonkers at the number of "Unlimited" threads related to anything under the sun here, I think you get what I'm saying.

To each his own; no one said we all had to come here for the exact same reason. But on the other hand I'm not sure we'd have all met Bob White if he was doing paintings of Beef Brisket....

....though in 2013 on Teh Suk Bob could surprise me. :cool
People are assholes because half the people around are of below average intelligence - Shunned

I hope I didn't infer that I was antifingerbanging. Its an art I hold dear. - RT

Yard Sale

Post by Yard Sale » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Hank wrote:Fuk the fuk.

I quit participating in web shit a long time a go... back when a good digital camera still had a disk
Fuk schmookler and his east coast minions. I do love ol Phil castleman and he did have a thing for my ex.... fuk all the newbies that fukin take a picture of every fly they tie.....
You wanna burn one and go fishing? Wanna honk, honk on a couple a shots o goose and go fishing? I'm in. Wanna help someone learn about flyfishing/ tying? I'm in.

Wanna brag about how someone shouldn't be able to have real chatterer because they ain't worthy? Lick my wyoming born an bred scrotum.

I like the suk cuz you ain't a bunch of praise giving pussies because someone had money or opportunity that some hardworking schmuck didn't have.

Fuk yeah I melted a renzetti vise with blowtorch.... yeah I love my T&T 6wt.... yep, my Dyna king sidewinder is my fave salmon fly vise and I trust it not to fuk up my Gene Sunday 6/0 limerick. And Dave... if you see this,- fuk you and your cronies.

And if you fukin expect a fly from me in a swap.. you damn well better tie one. I don't give a shit who you are, don't tie, no fly.

Rant off... just had to let some steam off!

Hey, happy new year!
Clearly you are one bad ass internet mofo. I bet it even says so on your wallet.

How about posting some content instead of mooching off those who do?
[quote="locogringo"]I used to wear those Skagit shorts but they were too loose and sometimes would expose my d loop and my perry poke would fall out.[/]

LTD

Post by LTD » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:56 pm

those can't be real..........
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Hogleg wrote:
BearsFan wrote:If I could see more dark haired, dark eyed, girls I would be a much happier person. A tiny bit of ink would not hurt.
I didn't see any ink but you might be able to find some if you study it closely enough. NSFW.

Thank god for pause buttons. :cool

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Hogleg wrote:
I have already burned up plenty of bandwith watching that thing today.
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin

thalweg

Post by thalweg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Randall Dee wrote:I come here for the shit fights between MB and TP.
I think mb finally seceded.
"only two things smell like fish... and one of them is fish." -grandpa

"Please take a brief moment to answer this question as the ferry approaches the shore.
Do you have the coin to pay for your passage, or the courage to take up the oar?" -the sword

"Dreams are free motherfucker!" -d boon

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:13 am

I watched that video and immediately afterwards punched my missus in the moosh.

so it's kind of your fault, hey.
:cool
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

BearsFan

Post by BearsFan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:20 am

Confession: I have got 4 translators and none of them have a clue as to what a moosh is.
"I've been searching my whole life for a woman to feed me once a day and eat me once a day. My needs are simple." - Outcast

"Mostly I think about hookers and Tarpon fishing." - blumpkin

tailingpermit

Post by tailingpermit » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:33 am

BearsFan wrote:Confession: I have got 4 translators and none of them have a clue as to what a moosh is.
My Mac is smarter than your PC. :cool

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:38 am

Ah... seems every year we have some sort of discussion about this shit.. I think I even started a thread something along these lines at some point ..

As one of the people who used to sit at the door and check ID's around this place I used to post alot in intro threads.. mostly when the person was a douche... Now however, perhaps for lack of time, or just getting sick of having basically the same dude/gal show up at the door over and over and over... There's only so many times you can tell people to fuck off before you just stop giving a fuck..

That being said.. I have to agree with alot that has been said here.. I say the thing that fuckin' pisses me off more than anything is not Noobs getting the intro wrong.. but noobs posting on intro threads when they've been here like 3 days... I'm one of the old guard around here now... (I think the real old guard have all died in fires...) So basically to summarize.. leave the intro process as is, (mainly because I think a TR is too small a window to properly introduce ones self) but lay the hammer down on these stupid fucks making comments on anything until they've provided content to the board...
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade