Eventfully Warm

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
robs_seven

Eventfully Warm

Post by robs_seven » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Heres my part of the story, Mike can add more later

After a New Years fishing weekend was smashed with cold temps and crappy weather, we decided to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weekend. The plan started like this, Mike would go up Friday and camp, then I would be there bright and early the next morning. I had planned on packing Friday, which transformed in to Friday night after the wifey wanted me to hang out with the kids all day Friday. I got off at 11pm, and started packing. I got the chainsaws sharpened, the tools loaded, gear packed and headed in the house to finish up. While on the computer trying to figure out how to check the invisible boxes on VA's website I heard the rattle of the old metal door knob to my 2 yr old little girl's room. I jump up to see whats going on, she is standing there with her pillow, blanket, and toy heading to daddy's bed. I derailed that idea trying to avoid waking up the wife. That was the beginning to the end or so I thought.
She told me her belly itched, which I took as dry skin and put lotion on her. I got her back to bed and went back to the computer trying to finish up the license deal. The second time she got up, momma got involved and laid down with her. I took advantage of that time to flip on all the lights and pack my clothes, I run out to throw the bag in the car. No sooner then I shut the door I hear my wife scream out the back HOLY HELL GET IN HERE. I got running and as I crossed the threshold of my little girl's room the aroma of VOMIT :vomit . It hit me like a ton of bricks smashing any and all plans of fishing. There was puke every where, being her first puke she had no idea what was happening or what to do. So she just let it go everywhere in her bed.
I spend the next few hours sitting on the floor of the bathroom. Its hard to explain to a 2 yr old what happened and what to do if she feels it again. I told her to spit it in the toilet if she felt it coming, her response to that “Mommy will get mad, the toilet is for poopy and peepee not spit daddy”. She was a trooper though, she dry heaved over the toilet a couple times and laid on the floor for a hour or so after that. At about 4am she fell asleep again in her bed.
She woke us up at 7am ready to play and wanting breakfast. Everything seemed normally and she told us “I feel better now, that spit was kind of crazy huh”. My wife continued on with her plans of seeing her dad that day and I was given a pass to go fish. Even though I had decided to not stay the night I headed out, 2 hours later then I had planned but its better to have a late start then no start.

I hit a good bit of fog until about half way, it cleared for a bit and then turned in to over cast and a light drizzle.

When I arrived at our cabin I found Mike fishing and all their gear was on the front porch drying out. They ended up sleeping on the porch after the tent got soaked the day before. Being I was 2 hours late we decided to fish first and work later. So we loaded up and headed to VA to fish a creek Jesse had fished a while back. It was heavily posted down low but not further up, so we parked on the side with no signs and started fishing. I noticed a little red ford ranger make a few laps up and down the creek and saw it parked at a house just above the bridge. We had fished for well over an hour when we crossed under the bridge and he came to greet us. We knew it was not good by the shit eating grin on his face which was backed by these words “I's done called da law, theys going be heres in just a minute. Yall up here taking advantage of my neighbor whos in da hospital. This creek aint been fished in 15 yeeas, hell we bought deem fish and you just in there using us.” We apologized, explaining it was not posted there and that we would leave immediately which he didn't care “Yalls can explain that to da law, it aint none of my business, Ims just telling ya theys on the way”. So we headed out of the creek and back to the car in a FULL ON RUN, threw the gear in Mike's SUV and busted ass to NC.

Here are a few pics of the creek
A lot of these
Ever more trash
and a couple shady dwellings

Once back in NC we decided to fish a creek I was more familiar with only to find its been posted up in the last month. We hiked up the state road well above any and every sign before getting in the creek.

Mike having a ring sting burger that only lasted about 20mins before firing out the other end.
The creek is a bit bigger then what we were on before but the water temps were cooler and the water was moving.
We did catch a bunch of these
a few of these

On the way out we found a sketchy campsite with some odd items.

After fishing we headed back to the cabin to knock out a little work. I dropped 2 trees and cut fire wood. It was pretty cool/funny watching the SAFFA split wood. We did however get a little stacked up. Mike took off again to fish, and I took a bunch of old barn boards that were stacked up to replace where people had stolen the ones off the side of our barns. A few years back some people came through stealing all the wormy chestnut boards which crippled 2 of our barns and left the old spring house wide open on one end. I got it closed up right before dark.

I left Jesse, Mike and his friend the house to sleep in and a list of what to do to close up shop. I headed back as they cracked the second beer by the fire.

west_jay

Re: Eventfully Warm

Post by west_jay » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:29 am

Nice looking water, plenty of scenic "diversions."

Probably could have edited the tale down to "Daughter sick, cleanup cost me two hours..." :vomit :vomit

Otherwise, good stuff.

How long did it take to clean up the Saffa's mess??
I never met anyone named Joel that wasn't a complete knob. – CharlieJenkem

backbone

Post by backbone » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:55 am

I need to try that saltless stuff sometime.
Nice looking fish

robs_seven

Post by robs_seven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 am

west_jay wrote:Nice looking water, plenty of scenic "diversions."

Probably could have edited the tale down to "Daughter sick, cleanup cost me two hours..." :vomit :vomit

Otherwise, good stuff.

How long did it take to clean up the Saffa's mess??
I will keep it a bit more short and to the point next time.

As far as SAFFA's mess, it took him long enough for me to catch one on a dry. I will put it this way, the cold water washed away the ring sting

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 am

was he givin er the mid river deuce- chum?
"Then let us know how that goes, you smug motherfucker"

robs_seven

Post by robs_seven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:51 am

RaZ wrote:was he givin er the mid river deuce- chum?
I think he was just giving himself a rinse to avoid the skid marked waders :cool

He has a stomach of steel though, after getting back around 4pm he sat down to eat some chicken he bought the day before and was sitting on the porch railing all day :vomit

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:02 am

robs_seven wrote:
RaZ wrote:was he givin er the mid river deuce- chum?
I think he was just giving himself a rinse to avoid the skid marked waders :cool

He has a stomach of steel though, after getting back around 4pm he sat down to eat some chicken he bought the day before and was sitting on the porch railing all day :vomit

raised on raw Boerewors

Transylwader

First bluelining of 2013

Post by Transylwader » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am

[report]I-40, the roadway linking my Xterra to blueline heaven

2013 has started off really right for me, still a trout weenie/blueline slut and I wouldn't change it for the world.
Small hiccup, left the sleeping bag on the stair well at my house :bomb
Steelrain is a stand up dude, got a loaner from him, and checked out his new toy.
Golden Buddah always gives me good juju.
Hit up a favorite trickle. Steep walk in...
Saffa blueline salute
How does one get a DSFK sticker?
My mate is a pyro wannabe freaker. Kerosene is bad ass!
Robs_Seven made it over Saturday morning, running a little late, his daughter was El Vomito the night before. Didn't waste anytime and headed to VA. This creek is a shithole.
Robs is even more of a snooty Elitist when it comes to dries than I could ever be. Got this on a foam stone.
We got chased off by a shit eating grinning toothless local, so we bounced back to NC to avoid jail time...
Hit up Get Bents private stronghold (just kidding, we were a few miles below your pelletheads, mate)
This creek too, is sadly the locals rubbish dump.
Got into a bunch of fish but they were all dinkers
I never knew Raffa stopped by in NC. Dickology 101
Helped Rob cut up some wood for the cabin fire pit.
Yesterday, I took one of my buds from Raleigh (noob/lurker) to a little bow/brookie trickle. He loves the bluelines too.
pity about his choice in attire. NC state fan t-shirts are not acceptable on BLUE lines...
He scored a pune native on a dry.
And Im clearly no model citizen...
65F air temps, 55F water temps, fish on dries, middle of January, I wouldn't have it any other way. Hope y'all managed to get out and enjoy the goodness of a warm spell.
Cheers :cool[/report]
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

RaZ

Post by RaZ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 am

noice. i did not enjoy it as you did. i had the inlaws, and doors that didnt fit in door frames..
but my hockey team won and United won! caines visit the 'burch april 27th.

robs_seven

Post by robs_seven » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 am

Andrew, love the new toy, get it while the getting is good.

Mike, Did you punch a 3 yr old for that trike?

Good pics mate, glad you guys got into some fish yesterday.

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am

robs_seven wrote: Mike, Did you punch a 3 yr old for that trike?
Nah, it was in the creek, I free wheeled down the hill to the car. We fished on the otherside of the ridge from whence the red neck bastage called the cops on us...changing my plates now. :gun
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

El Jeffe

Post by El Jeffe » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Good thing you guys ran... Nice start to 2013 fellas!