High Water, Wind and Snow (a TR)

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
ncguy

High Water, Wind and Snow (a TR)

Post by ncguy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:10 pm

[report]

franzen and I grabbed the meat locker

and headed for the hills

where we decided to fight the high water, wind and snow

to throw some streamers in some water we knew held good fish but had never landed.

The fish weren't where we expected them (bastards) but I finally got a take at the end of a swing. It was a good brown, actually the largest we had caught from this section of water.

We continued to fight the current and the wind with no tugs so we decided to move to some different water. We had one good run in front of us, which I had to force franzen to fish before we left...yeah.

We called it a day.[/report]
I had to learn banjo. TX
Don't let your sheepfucking ruin the best imaginary relationships you're ever gonna have.-Befuddled
Red has enough good karma in storage that he could start an online business selling it to the world's assholes. Rancho Pancho
if the trip kills you, you won't live to regret it. JT

stratabass

Re: High Water, Wind and Snow (a TR)

Post by stratabass » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Beautiful fish! Looks like time well spent. :cool
"A part-time pirate just can't get much respect around here." JMcM

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:21 pm

Chit son! Niyuce!!! :cool
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

cool manchu

Post by cool manchu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Nice work boys! Father know's best. :cool
"Drop the "Too Cool for School" attitude and maybe everyone won't punch you in the fuck." -Sugarbush

All things Drake related I'm avoiding after reading the Drake Message Board. How a magazine like the Drake can sanction such behavior is beyond me. Sexist, homophobic and downright hostile. - Anonymous

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:37 pm

nice phish and photos
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

franzen

Post by franzen » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:02 pm

[report]Wow is all I can say right now. We've been fishing this stretch of water for a couple years now only making a few trips each year to it. We've hooked and seen big fish but had yet to land any. I actually believe this is a fish Dad had come up and bump a big hopper last year in the same run. Anyway as I started fishing the run, after trying to yell Dad into fishing it, I broke off somewhere on my backcast. I walk over to the bank pull out the meat locker and study each fly looking for one I had confidence in. I can't find one that pleases me and Dad walks over and points at one. "That one". I was a little unsure of his choice but proceeded to tie it on. I step back into the run and on the first swing I feel a bump. I set the hook, and come to the conclusion that I'm hung on a rock. Then the rock starts rising in the water column and begins throwing head shakes. "Holy shit, big fish!" I see dad out of the corner of my eye running down the bank carrying the net. I yelled at him "Put that fucking net down, if anyone is going to fuck this up it's going to be me". I scrambled up the bank and grabbed the net as I went, got downstream of the fish and had him in the net before he even had time to think about throwing the hook. It felt awesome, I was shaking and not from the cold mind, from pure exhiliration. We snapped some shots and sent the brute on his way. We still had good water ahead of us, but there was no need to fish it. We were content.

One last shot

:cool[/report]
"Marine mammals and centaurs are natural compliments to one another." - Spudnik

fatman

Post by fatman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:07 pm

strong work, fellas :smile
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

foureyedgeek

Post by foureyedgeek » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

Dang, that's a good fist. Nice one, fellas.
some people like Rocky Mountain Oysters... the rest wonder why they are eating balls. - Woolybug

#SavetheDace20XX

Bamaboy

Post by Bamaboy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Nice work fellas! :cool

ncguy

Post by ncguy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 pm

foureyedgeek wrote:Dang, that's a good fist. Nice one, fellas.
I see the pain killers are working. Hope you're doing well.
I had to learn banjo. TX
Don't let your sheepfucking ruin the best imaginary relationships you're ever gonna have.-Befuddled
Red has enough good karma in storage that he could start an online business selling it to the world's assholes. Rancho Pancho
if the trip kills you, you won't live to regret it. JT

V Wake

Post by V Wake » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:50 pm

Great story and brown! I love those "holy shit" moments when everything that was mundane just moments before goes totally ape shit. :cool

CarpeTructa

Post by CarpeTructa » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Nice stuff, guys.
Somebody else is going to have to watch the door for me now. Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. Outcast (RIP)