sooo... why is this site so f'd up?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
austrotard

sooo... why is this site so f'd up?

Post by austrotard » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 am

is everybody (who supposedly 'works' here) fucking retarded?

is it some sort of punishment?
nonsense... we're awesome.

dude,
you don't know what the fuck you're doing.
you should be embarrassed by your lack of skill and intelligence.
fuck off. go do something you're good at.

but please... start by fucking off.
you're obsolete to our needs.

and you'd have to be an absolute twat if you think this was an ample attempt at something better.

fuck you.
ban me. sincerely, I care.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Bears Fan

Re: sooo... why is this site so fucked up?

Post by Bears Fan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:07 am

Ignore the problems and they will go away on their own. You didn't already know that?
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:09 am

A picture's worth a thousand words.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:49 am

sequestration
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Tailer

Post by Tailer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:51 am

One look at the source code will tell you why its fucked. There are three keys to web design. In order of importance:

1. Test it.
2. Test it.
3. Test it.

I don't know how it works in Austria, mate, but this is pretty par for the course here on our side of the world.
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish

RFA

Post by RFA » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:30 am

I haven't been able to post a dick drawing in 2 weeks.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:52 am

You must be sitting there waist deep in drawings. :coffee
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

RFA

Post by RFA » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:58 am

OK - since I have the slightest amount of responsibility on this board, I have contacted Nemo with a plan moving forward:

Please use this thread to list the exact problems you are having with the new design. This way, Grouse and Green can address each item specifically as it is noted on this page, along with which browser/device you are experiencing it on. I realize that there are other threads on here that people have outlined these on, but lets consolidate them to one central location.

I will start:

1. The ability to attach photos has disappeared. When I click on "Upload Attachment", the page below it disappears. I am using Internet Explorer.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:11 am

the high contrast white / black 'design' sux

the smilies need to be below the text box so that you and hit the format buttons without scrolling... and the upload thingy doesn't work with any browser and the site blows on an iPhone...

Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Paint it Black

Post by Paint it Black » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:11 am

Do we really need a photo upload option though? Why is it so hard to just use a photo host like Photobucket? Almost every website has moved to that form of photo hosting. I don't see what the big deal is. Stop crying and get with the times, it's not rocket science.

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 am

Paint it Black wrote:Do we really need a photo upload option though? Why is it so hard to just use a photo host like Photobucket? Almost every website has moved to that form of photo hosting. I don't see what the big deal is. Stop crying and get with the times, it's not rocket science.
Yeah, well, some people think dubstep is shitty music.
boy in long pants

Tailer

Post by Tailer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:18 am

OS X 10.8.2
Google Chrome 25.0.1364.99

a) Random code obscuring the upper right corner of all pages after log in
b) No image upload
c) I'm often logged in, but can't post or see my account/PM's. Have to logout and log back in.
d) Other times I'm logged out, but can post and see my account. Have to login and log back out to be properly logged out.
e) The high contrast UI is almost completely unreadable.

IOS 6.1.2
Google Chrome 23.0.1271.100 (same experiences in Safari)

a) Lack of accurate page scaling (resizing every time you move between pages makes the UI nearly unusable on an iPad or iPhone, responsive design is really, really simple these days)
b) Same Login/Logout issues as above
c) The board seems to be cropping some images rather than scaling them. But this is really inconsistent.
d) Same UI complaint as above

If you look at your code, its a mess. I'm guessing the site was built off of a template. Go back and clean it up. Remove what doesn't need to be there and then troubleshooting these changes will take minutes rather than hours. But most of all, for dog's sake, the next time you build a site or redesign one, test it extensively before launching.
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish