This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
WKY isn't going to beat UT. I don't even think it will be close.

The Michigan v Notre Dame game should be wild. Last "Under the Lights" game for a while. This game always ends up not how anyone expects it. So I wont even try to guess the outcome. I'll just hope for the best.
michaelallen wrote:One thing's for sure, won't be as big of a beat down
as the NCG.
Probably not as bad as the ass pounding BSU got from Wash last week either.

Hopefully your squad can find a way to muster up a win against Tenn-Martin this week.
Woolybug25 wrote:WKY isn't going to beat UT. I don't even think it will be close.

The Michigan v Notre Dame game should be wild. Last "Under the Lights" game for a while. This game always ends up not how anyone expects it. So I wont even try to guess the outcome. I'll just hope for the best.
Should be a hell of a game. I'm not a fan of either team, but I have to admit Notre Dame was in one of the better games I ever attended (also the coldest). They played Boston College in the '83 Liberty Bowl. Damn that was a cold night.
Woolybug25 wrote:
as the NCG.

Hopefully your squad can find a way to muster up a win against Tenn-Martin this week.
Ooh, burn.

BSU hasn't been beaten by more than four points since '07.

So, what's your prediction for ND this season?
michaelallen wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:
as the NCG.

Ooh, burn.

BSU hasn't been beaten by more than four points since '07.

So, what's your prediction for ND this season?
9-10 wins. Hard to tell with so many new faces. We need a lot of young, albeit talented, guys to develop quickly. Also need Rees to play well. I think we'll miss Teo way more than Golson though.
Do you expect Golson to come back after his suspension and re earn the
starting job?

"poor academic judgement?"

Was that cheating, or was he sleeping with a prof?
michaelallen wrote:Do you expect Golson to come back after his suspension and re earn the
starting job?

"poor academic judgement?"

Was that cheating, or was he sleeping with a prof?
I do. ND got a kid named Malik Ziare in last year's class and a kid named DeShone Kizer this year that are both really good prospects though. Although, they would have to be real special to unseat a guy that took us to a title game two years prior. Golson isn't going to JuCo and instead is spending the next couple months training with George Whitfield Jr (The QB guru that trained Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Tajh Boyd & Braxton Miller to name a few) to work on his game. Per everything he has said up to days ago, he plans on re-enrolling to Notre Dame in late January.

From what I was told, he had cell phone pics of a test he was taking with the answers on it. Dumb ass move, but it's kinda funny that guys like Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel can get away with breaking rules of the game and ND's QB has to miss a season for cheating on a test. Shit... do SEC QB's even go to class? I know last fall it was widely reported that MAnziel took an entire semester's class online. He didn't step foot on campus for anything but football.
Woolybug25 wrote:Golson isn't going to JuCo and instead is spending the next couple months training with George Whitfield Jr (The QB guru that trained Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Tajh Boyd & Braxton Miller to name a few) to work on his game. Per everything he has said up to days ago, he plans on re-enrolling to Notre Dame in late January.

How in the hell did Golson set that up?

Whitfield doing it pro bono?
From what I was told, he had cell phone pics of a test he was taking with the answers on it. Dumb ass move, but it's kinda funny that guys like Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel can get away with breaking rules of the game and ND's QB has to miss a season for cheating on a test. Shit... do SEC QB's even go to class? I know last fall it was widely reported that MAnziel took an entire semester's class online. He didn't step foot on campus for anything but football.
Should've majored in TV/Film/Theatre like big chocolate, or
whatever his nickname is.

I thought the suspension was a move by ND, not the NCAA?

Our international WR was suspended four games for using his
Boise Host family's '86 Toyota Corolla. So, I can understand
the disdain for the inconsistency of their rulings. Also, Johnny
Football's punishment was given right before the season started,
most athletes or Universities aren't given the courtesy of a speedy
ruling.

Manziel did take a full semester online, he can't walk onto campus
without being bombarded by students or psychotic fans. His presence
in class rooms is a distraction, so for the sake of other students I
agree with the decision.
Woolybug25 wrote:Dumb ass move, but it's kinda funny that guys like Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel can get away with breaking rules of the game and ND's QB has to miss a season for cheating on a test.
I guess it comes down to evidence, or lack thereof, in the Cam case. And I can assure you it wasn't from lack of trying. Our whole fucking program was under a microscope for quite some time. Not sure about Manziel as I haven't followed it, but I believe there was also lack of evidence or some weird rule wording or something of that nature.
[quote="michaelallen"]
How in the hell did Golson set that up?

Whitfield doing it pro bono?[/quote]

Whitfield claims that he is always paid by the client. In Golson's case, like Manziel and Luck's, he comes from a family that can afford what comes out to about $20,000 worth of training. Cam probably paid with his Auburn money, as did Tajh I suppose.

[quote]Should've majored in TV/Film/Theatre like big chocolate, or

whatever his nickname is.[/quote]

Irish Chocolate... you should get to know him, all of the talking heads have him slotted as a surefire first rounder most likely taken in the first ten picks. Widely considered the best true NT in the game. And for crying out loud...

350 pound hustler of love...

[quote]I thought the suspension was a move by ND, not the NCAA?[/quote]

It was by ND. I was just bringing up the hypocrisy of college football, not the NCAA in particular. While rampant cheating is prevalent around college football... ND is suspending their starting QB for cheating after he just led them to a national title game. Notre Dame isn't the only school that would do that, but I promise that you wont see any players from Ole Miss getting suspended for cheating on their calculus test.

[quote]Our international WR was suspended four games for using his

Boise Host family's '86 Toyota Corolla. So, I can understand

the disdain for the inconsistency of their rulings. Also, Johnny

Football's punishment was given right before the season started,

most athletes or Universities aren't given the courtesy of a speedy

ruling.[/quote]

Or Dez Bryant. He got suspended for lying about having lunch with Deion Sanders. It ended up being completely legal and no violation was made. They simply suspended him for lying about it.

[quote]Manziel did take a full semester online, he can't walk onto campus

without being bombarded by students or psychotic fans. His presence

in class rooms is a distraction, so for the sake of other students I

agree with the decision.[/quote]

I get it, but it still bugs me. While he probably has heralded rock star status on campus, its not like he is the first huge personality in college football. There have been stars all over the league with people following them and fawning like crazy, but he is the only one I have heard of doing all of his classes online. Not a biggie either way, shady academics is the least of his character flaws.
mrl0004 wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:Dumb ass move, but it's kinda funny that guys like Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel can get away with breaking rules of the game and ND's QB has to miss a season for cheating on a test.
I guess it comes down to evidence, or lack thereof, in the Cam case. And I can assure you it wasn't from lack of trying. Our whole fucking program was under a microscope for quite some time. Not sure about Manziel as I haven't followed it, but I believe there was also lack of evidence or some weird rule wording or something of that nature.
It came down to them paying in cash and Cam/Manziel not having bank records that show discrepancies. Manziel used the same lawyer as Cam, btw. Not a coincidence.

Cam actually set the bar for getting paid. My guess is that most, if not all, SEC teams pay for a good portion of their high class talent. Look at some of the pictures taken by recent recruits.

Laquon Treadwell was a Michigan lock until a late visit out of nowhere to Ole Miss. He tweeted this while he was there and committed shortly after.

Former 5star commit Mike Bellamy in Clemson's (not SEC, I know) locker room while on an official visit...

Dee Liner at Bama shortly after decommitting from your Tigers and committing to Bama...
When called out, his tweeted response... not exactly a denial...
Dee Liner ✈ @Liner_25
Don't judge me when u have no clue what I have been through!!!
12:08 PM Jul 28th
The Beer, The Wine, The Whiskey

Not enough wine.

Shakedown: TR

Many a trip I’ve opened the trailer to find […]

Wait, edit: North Shore, as in Baie-Comeau, etc.? […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

BSSBH (variation) https://live.staticflickr.[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine