This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
michaelallen wrote: he can't walk onto campus
without being bombarded by students or psychotic fans. His presence
in class rooms is a distraction, so for the sake of other students I
agree with the decision.
so how will he (or they) learn to cope with bombardment by psychotics, or
distraction from actors and rock stars when they're in rehab in a few years? :coffee
Woolybug25 wrote:
mrl0004 wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote:Dumb ass move, but it's kinda funny that guys like Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel can get away with breaking rules of the game and ND's QB has to miss a season for cheating on a test.
I guess it comes down to evidence, or lack thereof, in the Cam case. And I can assure you it wasn't from lack of trying. Our whole fucking program was under a microscope for quite some time. Not sure about Manziel as I haven't followed it, but I believe there was also lack of evidence or some weird rule wording or something of that nature.
It came down to them paying in cash and Cam/Manziel not having bank records that show discrepancies. Manziel used the same lawyer as Cam, btw. Not a coincidence.

Cam actually set the bar for getting paid. My guess is that most, if not all, SEC teams pay for a good portion of their high class talent. Look at some of the pictures taken by recent recruits.

Laquon Treadwell was a Michigan lock until a late visit out of nowhere to Ole Miss. He tweeted this while he was there and committed shortly after.

Former 5star commit Mike Bellamy in Clemson's (not SEC, I know) locker room while on an official visit...

Dee Liner at Bama shortly after decommitting from your Tigers and committing to Bama...
When called out, his tweeted response... not exactly a denial...
Dee Liner ✈ @Liner_25
Don't judge me when u have no clue what I have been through!!!
12:08 PM Jul 28th
Didn't I tell you like two years ago that all college programs were dirty (somin about USC, I forget) and you said no?
I still don't agree with that. I don't think all programs are dirty. I think a lot of them and the majority of the SEC are, but if Northwestern is a dirty program, then they are doing it all wrong.
I think the guys on the big teams should be paid minimum wage for the time per week they spend playing, it would take the "dirtyness" away because they get cash wherever they go, and they work extremely hard and bring in ridiculous cash for the schools.
four0four wrote:I think the guys on the big teams should be paid minimum wage for the time per week they spend playing, it would take the "dirtyness" away because they get cash wherever they go, and they work extremely hard and bring in ridiculous cash for the schools.
How would that stop teams from overpaying or giving additional benefits? It would make it easier, I think.

I like the olympic model. Let the kids do whatever they want outside of the university. If they want to do signings, fine. If they want to do commercials, fine. Just keep the schools themselves out of the model.
Woolybug25 wrote:I still don't agree with that. I don't think all programs are dirty. I think a lot of them and the majority of the SEC are, but if Northwestern is a dirty program, then they are doing it all wrong.
I'd say I bet they are. There is a growing demand for academically strong players. ND, Stanford, VanderB, NW, Cal. Lots of money for NW to be a borderline top 25 program and make bowl games. It doesn't have to be a bag o money to break NCAA rules.

And all SEC teams are blatantly breaking NCAA rules.
Woolybug25 wrote:
four0four wrote:I think the guys on the big teams should be paid minimum wage for the time per week they spend playing, it would take the "dirtyness" away because they get cash wherever they go, and they work extremely hard and bring in ridiculous cash for the schools.
How would that stop teams from overpaying or giving additional benefits? It would make it easier, I think.

I like the olympic model. Let the kids do whatever they want outside of the university. If they want to do signings, fine. If they want to do commercials, fine. Just keep the schools themselves out of the model.
I think that is about right Wooly, Universities will never pay "athletes" to much bullshit with title 9. You ain't goin be paying a girls dance team or a men's shot putter. If you're a outstanding football player or basketball or some hot fucking hurdler that the youtube likes go get what you can while you can.
The Volfish wrote:GBO!
GBO!!

Awesome game today minus Worley being a total douche. Bama bangs needs to step the fuck up if we are going to go to a bowl game.

D brought dat rancid dick heat tho
Last edited by Terd Ferguson on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bye bye, Notre Dame, it's been a great, 120+ year rivalry. Anytime you want to come back, we'll be waiting to kick your asses again. Next year's game will be the last as ND canceled the 3 games after that that has already been scheduled.
mich.jpg
mich.jpg (13.47 KiB) Viewed 912 times
The tally to date? Michigan and Notre Dame are ranked #1 and #2 in winning percentage and #1 and #3 in all time wins. Both teams have 11 national championships. Michigan leads the series 24-16-1, so obviously there have been some gaps in their meetings since they first played in 1887 (which was also Notre Dame's first ever football game). Next year's game will be the last chance to add to this for at least the near future and perhaps forever? I am really going to miss this rivalry, and although MI lead all night tonight, it was a good, exciting game that got close towards the end. Tonight's game was a good demonstration of a long standing rivalry game. Good luck to both teams in the future. :cool
Last edited by CarpeTructa on Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terd Ferguson wrote:
The Volfish wrote:GBO!
GBO!!

Awesome game today minus Worley being a total douche. Bama bangs needs to step the fuck up if we are going to go to a bowl game.

D brought dat rancid dick heat tho
Told y'all not to worry. Now about next week...worry...a lot.

Where's BM? Did we make a bet?
Change of scenery TR

Hope you nailed one of those feather merchants in […]

Pour a Sip and Argue Away

Thats SIR Sean Connery, yanks! A real legend.

Musky Addicts Anonymous

bump! IMG_2151~photo-full.jpg

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Hedgehog Kate https://live.staticflickr.com/[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine