Half ton pickups

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
ScottP

Half ton pickups

Post by ScottP » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:06 am

Going to be in the market for a used 4x4 (necessary) pretty soon. Any suggestions among the big 4 - (including Toyota)? Trying to keep the cost under $10,000 so I'm not expecting anything with low mileage. Thanks. As payment here's an 8-legged goat in full summer shed; very rare.

Everyone stopped to stare at your technicolor motor home
RIP Walter

austrotard

Re: Half ton pickups

Post by austrotard » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:17 am

poor form.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:30 am

Not one of the big 4 but I love my Cherokee. Plenty of room and towing capacity.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:47 am

Really??? Half ton pick ups - and you offer up Cherokees???

It's not a half Ton pickup- but Gary Anderson makes some sweet fucking Spey rods- check em out.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

overbrook

Post by overbrook » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:19 pm

I thought this was gonna be about fat chicks.
"Enjoy these times before you get married and ruin your life." Fat Tire

"this place is full of very sweet, nice, kind gentlemen. You will like them, just don't sit on their laps." Vaku

I like everybody up here.
If I go down there... that's gonna change. I'm here for the fishin'... Fallen513

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:46 pm

My experience with my old dodge pickup was enough for me to suggest you stay the fuck away from Dodge. I really like ford f150's.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

lownslow

Post by lownslow » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:49 pm

listen, if you buy anything other than a Tundra you have some serious issues. its a 3/4 ton in a 1/2 ton class. it contains the highest percentage of american made parts and is the only truck built in texas. Reliability, cost of ownership, performance and MPG are class leading. Period.

RFA

Post by RFA » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Although the Cherokee is a fine automobile, I would go with the 1990 Cutlass, myself. We happen to have one right over here, and boy is it sweet. Low miles, limited edition bronze paint, with tru-coat, and new tires. She's a beaut.....let's go talk numbers.
Cutlass.jpg
Used Car.jpg
Used Car.jpg (142.69 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
1. can'tpostforshit: shut up.

2. Dude....pickup trucks? Is this Popular fucking Mechanics? If there is anything on the internet that has been exhausted beyond comprehension, it is automobiles. Type in "1/2 Ton Pickup Truck Reviews" on google, and you can spend the rest of your life reading about that topic.

fuck
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

DizzyDean

Post by DizzyDean » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:19 pm

my blog from the Sierras

http://rustyhooks.wordpress.com

Crick Addict

Post by Crick Addict » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:51 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:Really??? Half ton pick ups - and you offer up Cherokees???

It's not a half Ton pickup- but Gary Anderson makes some sweet fucking Spey rods- check em out.

while we're on the subject of spey rods, Brain Calhoun and Randall Ray at Rockbridge Guitars are building
some amazing instruments!
"fuck hippie beer!" Kyle

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:56 pm

Some advice.

If you see a half ton chick at the bar, don't try to pick her up. Run away man, run away.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

catfish

Post by catfish » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:14 pm

Assuming you need an open bed as in pick up...if not last year of Chev twodoor Tahoe...otherwise any Chev/Ford stick 8 with posi...you really need 4whl?...your best deal will be a stick, bench seats highway dept interior and green metallic paint...painted bumpers