Half ton pickups

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
overbrook

Re: Half ton pickups

Post by overbrook » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:34 pm

MTgrayling wrote:Some advice.

If you see a half ton chick at the bar, don't try to pick her up. Run away man, run away.
Bullshit....heavy girls need lovin' too.

My old man used to tell me...."son, don't never turn em' down......just turn em' over"
"Enjoy these times before you get married and ruin your life." Fat Tire

"this place is full of very sweet, nice, kind gentlemen. You will like them, just don't sit on their laps." Vaku

I like everybody up here.
If I go down there... that's gonna change. I'm here for the fishin'... Fallen513

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Crick Addict wrote:
jhnnythndr wrote:Really??? Half ton pick ups - and you offer up Cherokees???

It's not a half Ton pickup- but Gary Anderson makes some sweet fucking Spey rods- check em out.

while we're on the subject of spey rods, Brain Calhoun and Randall Ray at Rockbridge Guitars are building
some amazing instruments!
Last edited by B.M. Barrelcooker on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Mike Honcho

Post by Mike Honcho » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:25 pm

overbrook wrote:

If you see a half ton chick at the bar, don't try to pick her up. Run away man, run away.

My old man used to tell me...."son, don't never turn em' down......just turn em' over"
A true sage.

Best advice my old man gave me was "green drugs are ok, stay away from the white ones"
"Somewhere along the way you'll think you can take your ol' man,
Somewhere along the way you wish he was here to take you" - K.Hays

"I still love the sound of running water and the places it runs, and am drawn to it." - Ol' Man

~Semper et Ubique~

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:30 pm

jhnnythndr wrote:Really??? Half ton pick ups - and you offer up Cherokees???

It's not a half Ton pickup- but Gary Anderson makes some sweet fucking Spey rods- check em out.

Picky, picky :coffee
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

youghriverguide

Post by youghriverguide » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:40 pm

All I know is if you're gonna get an F series, make sure the year is at least 2004--anything earlier is a death trap for serious.

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Now I lime a good guitar as much as anyone- even mass produced machine sanded martins- but I'm here to tell you- if you want a half ton pick up you new to take a really long hard look at purina sensitive systems dog food.

I mean- pepper looks and feels better and shit is better than when she was on a crazy whole food locally produced diet in ak that a musher up in the valley makes- that cost three times as much.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

kamikaze74

Post by kamikaze74 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Cherokee x2
Anytime you dont feel special, remember: You could have been a blowjob.

cantfishforshit.

Post by cantfishforshit. » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:30 pm

kamikaze74 wrote:Cherokee x2
:cool Too funny.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

ScottP

Post by ScottP » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:05 pm

RFA wrote: 2. Dude....pickup trucks? Is this Popular fucking Mechanics? If there is anything on the internet that has been exhausted beyond comprehension, it is automobiles. Type in "1/2 Ton Pickup Truck Reviews" on google, and you can spend the rest of your life reading about that topic.

fuck

I did it here because I trust the opinions of a lot of the folks on this forum. Misplaced trust? Maybe, but at least it's in people that share a lot of the same interests.
Everyone stopped to stare at your technicolor motor home
RIP Walter

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:30 pm

He did it here because he is spiritually bereft. He put it here because he doesn't give a shit about tryks- or more to the point because he was interstes in tryks (previously used as typo) and knew that here he'd gets a full brief on tryks and the intricacies of their mating practices- as well as (coming round to the spiritual void) life advice on all manner if necessary purchases and procedures for a rich and happy life. So yeah- misplaces trust- but hell, he's a a spiritually bereft apparent degenerate so you can't ask to much.

I say get a 96 dodge 1500 with the 5.2 which was the old 318 with tbi- and a straight axle in the front. And then get the transmission rebuilt- if it's the automatic- becaus ether ruined the tf727 when they added the overdrive.

And I was serous about teh Spey rods the dogfoooooood and the guitars. And dr z amps. I play a Carmin gia head. Or a 72 vibro champ. So I will give them a shout out as well.

And Cherokees of all years from 87 forward with the 4.0 are all worth a look.
"Whenever I find myself growing green about the mouth; whenever it is a damp drizzly November in my soul; and especially whenever it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from methodically knocking peoples hats off -- then, I account it high time to get to sea."

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 pm

overbrook wrote:

I generally have a quarter ton weight limit, but hell I'm not proud damn near anything wet will work for a night, but you damn well don't want to get stuck with a bertha ... think of the food bills!!

I picture ScottP in a Subaru.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

jhnnythndr

Post by jhnnythndr » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Those are nice too. Though maybe a little overtly mtn hippiesh.

Any chance some biscotti coil come my way ? Those last were awesome....