This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By nogul
[report]The now becoming annual early season Louisiana marsh trip is in the books. Spent four nice days in the outer reaches of the Louisiana marsh with good company and great fishing. Generally in October, the first cold fronts begin making their way thru our coastal waters, and big beach swimming redfish make their way into the marsh with one thing on their mind: FOOD. This past week, the fishing was all about schools of fresh, hungry, gulf-colored bull redfish. Pogy schools that would best be measured in acres, were all over the place. Pelicans generally led the way, and the schools of beautifully bronze bull redfish were at times so intent on eating that they would slam into the hull. Tidewater volunteered his place as a homebase, and myself and bros can't thank him enough. Good times were definitely had, and other than Tidewater's 25lb Jack that I broke off, we were living good. I'll echo what Ruddy Duck said in a recent report: when Louisiana puts her best foot forward, it's just not fair to everywhere else.

The digs

Unskunkable, your fly from RB's swap KILLED it. Unfortunately it is swimming around in the mug of a big Jack somewhere. DEET, yours saw the inside of quite a few mouths as well.

Tidewater's a heck of an angler, and an even better dude. Thanks again bud, we'll do it again soon. Bring your necklace

The fishing is only going to get better as the fronts continue and the water clears. Cheers to fall
:cool[/report]
Last edited by nogul on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By FinChaser
You suk. Beautiful fish and nice report. I'm green with envy.
By Terd Ferguson
El Jeffe wrote:I just had to turn down an invitation to fish for reds this weekend. So yea, you suck.
And you broke my heart
By TX.
Nice TR.
In the beginning I was like "where are the bulls?"...but at the end you brought 'em.
Cool popper shot.
Looked like a hell of a trip.
:cool
By Hogleg
Well, fuck me.

That was real good.
By Willi
WOW!!!

I need to try and time this sometime. The schools of big redfish are amazing.

And that Jack.............

Willi
whatcha tying?

1650B2D9-E969-4148-8EDA-D4CDD21E4D19.jpeg E3D3D7[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpick

in recent news: Poll: 38% of Americans would giv[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

] Feb 27, 2021 Gas $2.49 Temp 68 Wet wading in[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine