a long time coming-TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Chidester

a long time coming-TR

Post by Chidester » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:58 pm

For most folks summer has been over for weeks. Most of my fishing buds have had their last hurrah saying goodbye to waters, and fish that they wont see again for another year. The air has a chill to it, the leaves have changed and are falling fast around here, but for some reason summer still lingers in my mind.
A little over a year ago I began a quest that has consumed me since. I've had the great fortune to fish with quite a few folks on this board infected with the same fever. The musky mistress is a cruel master, keeping men awake at night dreaming of seeing her again, and shaking them to their very core when they do. Such was my summer, but my quest went unfulfilled.
I devoted many months to this passion, almost to the exclusion of my other piscatorial pursuits, but sometime good buddies would drag me along to pursue other prey, an intervention of sorts. Franzen was that guy last Thursday.
If you cant fish for musky why not streamers for browns?

And stripers

Sunday we found our way back to they toothy critters. Befuddled, socks, and I went to some familiar waters and.....

It finally happened

Not a big fish by anyone's standards, but my first at last. She came in the first hole, in the first 10 minutes. We went on to have to have one of the most productive days I've ever experienced. 14 follows, multiple eats, 2 fish to hand. Hello fall!!

Here's a few pics from the journey.

Cheers :cool

I hope some of my pals have more to add......

foureyedgeek

Re: a long time coming-TR

Post by foureyedgeek » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Congrats man, gotta love fall.
some people like Rocky Mountain Oysters... the rest wonder why they are eating balls. - Woolybug

#SavetheDace20XX

bullship

Post by bullship » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Hell yeah man! Congrats! My pursuit has been more of a casual approach....Ima sit here in the corner with my drinky-poo and let that fine ass musky come to me. Just got to be really patient...

ncguy

Post by ncguy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Finally! Well deserved, you definitely put in the time.
I had to learn banjo. TX
Don't let your sheepfucking ruin the best imaginary relationships you're ever gonna have.-Befuddled
Red has enough good karma in storage that he could start an online business selling it to the world's assholes. Rancho Pancho
if the trip kills you, you won't live to regret it. JT

El Jeffe

Post by El Jeffe » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 pm

bullship wrote:Hell yeah man! Congrats! My pursuit has been more of a casual approach....Ima sit here in the corner with my drinky-poo and let that fine ass musky come to me. Just got to be really patient...
I'm working on the same approach. No luck yet either.

Congrats man!

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Dam boy ... Corner creek Where'd you score that ?

Thank ya!
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

F.Babar

Post by F.Babar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:09 pm

hell yes. gotta love fall.

i have striper envy.

:cool
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be fucking wrong

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 pm

I can't get past that giant striper.
Wow.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Terd Ferguson

Post by Terd Ferguson » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Chidester the Musky Molester

Welcome to the club man
"Save a smallmouth, eat juvenile swordfish"

V Wake

Post by V Wake » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Stoked for you. First striper and first musky all within 72 hours! If there was ever a dude that was owed it was you. The sheer volumes of roads travelled, different waters rowed, flies tied and eaten, beers swilled, eights carved, sleep lost, headaches and heartbreaks endured.... Simply put you were made for this endeavor. And this is just the beginning, bud. -K :cool

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:32 pm

Damn.. :cool
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

HPFF

Post by HPFF » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:15 am

Streamer browns , stripers and toothy bastards all in one TR. Damn man...that's just a whole lot of goodness all wrapped up in one package , definitely living right! :cool
"Pork on the plate and pigs in the drink." Ironman