This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By flatscaster
Our good friend Jerms and his wife could use our help. They have begun the process of adopting a child and are facing the very high costs associated with it. He doesn't know yet exactly how much it will end up costing for fees, attorneys, etc. but it's going to be a lot. Way too much. We are going to help them by raising a shitload of money. Every one of you that knows Jerms knows why he should get to be a dad.

It’s going to go down like this:

We are going to take donations from the people here and there and anywhere that care to put something of value into the kitty. Several of us have already done so and the list of items to date includes:

Original artwork, prints, cards and note cards by Bob White
Two anglers, two guided days and two nights lodging with Musky Country Outfitters
Original artwork by Dwayne Gresham
Original artwork by Paul Puckett
The Drake subscriptions/swag
Various and sundry rods & reels
There are several more ideas in the works
You get the idea.

After we’ve rounded up all of the people who wish to make donations we are going hold a raffle and everyone’s going to buy tickets until their assholes hurt.

Then we’re going to have a little party here in Charleston. We are still nailing down the venue but its likely going to be on the loading docks of the Pametto Brewery. We are going to have beer, we are going to have live music and we are going to hold the drawings and stream it all live for the people who can’t make it.

Hopefully between the raffle and the event we can raise enough money to really help out.

This thing is still evolving but the tentative dates are:
From now until March – Gather donations
March until the end of May or first part of June – sell raffle tickets
The last week of May or the first week of June – have a party here and show the love

We are trying to get the party to coincide with some spring high tides to draw some of you into town for both.

If you want to help out, please send me an email and I’ll get you all the info I can.

Let’s make this thing big for Jerms, he’s one of the best of us all and he deserves this.

If you want to help out:
luke@byersdesign.com

thank you all.
I'll kick in a fly fishing themed woodcut print, framed and matted. There's a few here who can attest to the quality. PM me with info.
By austrotard
I'm willing to give him one of mine. preferably the 5yr old.
addy please.jpg
addy please.jpg (120.95 KiB) Viewed 2505 times
I suppose I'll donate a box with a carving of your choice.
but I'm not making it now... the winner can wait like every other tosser.

by the by, isn't jerms one of those six figured mofos?
By SLSS
austrotard wrote:I'm willing to give him one of mine. preferably the 5yr old.
Fibber.

I'm in.
By SnuffBox
Wish I knew Jerms... also wish I knew a little less about the kinda stuff that leads people to adopt.

This is good action, I'll buy raffle tickets and try to help.

Good looking out.
By MaineDrifter
Jerms was real solid to a few of my friends, I wish he and his wife mucho happiness, I'm ready......sell me raffle tickets
By vaku
I'm happy to buy more than a few tickets.

I'll also toss in a photo shoot for the raffle. Commercial or family or fishing, whatever. Local within 5 hours of CLT or the winner ponies up the airfare. Full release on the photos for all uses. Can be for your business or your grandkids or your bird dog, whatever. You win it, I shoot it.

Dog dam right, aint no reason Jerms shouldn't be a dad!
By speybait
Quick question, Vaku. Buyer pays for midgets in the shoot or is it included?

Good reason to throw cash. In.

It reminds me of the time Kyner and Heero went fis[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Dessie Paul’s Mayfly https://live.stat[…]

Impeachment pool

teflon don, teflon shawn. I give a fuck. where's […]

Thanks, Honyuker! Now, about that addy? And where[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine