Helping out our friend Jerms

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
franzen

Re: Helping out our friend Jerms

Post by franzen » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Big cliff box with Smallie design by Puckett.

4 dozen smalljaw flies tied by slapshot and my self.
"Marine mammals and centaurs are natural compliments to one another." - Spudnik

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:06 pm

franzen wrote:Big cliff box with Smallie design by Puckett.

Hey Chris!

Count me way in on that action.

Now... if you sweeten the deal with an offer to visit, surf our couch, let us feed you, and then let me row you two on some local smalljaw water... well, shit-fire, I guarantee a couple of bills worth of raffle tickets!
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

franzen

Post by franzen » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Bobwhite wrote:
franzen wrote:Big cliff box with Smallie design by Puckett.

Hey Chris!

Count me way in on that action.

Now... if you sweeten the deal with an offer to visit, surf our couch, let us feed you, and then let me row you two on some local smalljaw water... well, shit-fire, I guarantee a couple of bills worth of raffle tickets!
Hey Bob!

In case you weren't aware, you are the shit!
"Marine mammals and centaurs are natural compliments to one another." - Spudnik

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:10 pm

ago.
Last edited by B.M. Barrelcooker on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:55 pm

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:Do you have to do facebook to see the raffle or is it going to be somewhere else?

I don't do facebook for religious reasons. I goddamed that place a long time ago.
B.M - The raffle will be live streamed, but it won't be over facebook i'm fairly certain.. Flatscaster has the master plan on that end, and he is down in Costa Rica at the moment.. I'm doing my best to help out and hold the fort while he's gone..

Franze/bob... thats an amazing offer... We're gonna have the most rediculous pile of stuff ever seen at a raffle.. I love this shit... :smile
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

slapshot

Post by slapshot » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Stoked to be in on this. Franzen charge your phone.
I usually drop em in the grass and then fish out another cast or two while I wait for them to get tired enough to hold still - that way you can actually tell how long they are against the rod. - JT

Mutha Pucka

Post by Mutha Pucka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:36 am

So far, my painting idea is a "Mad Mike", naked while holding a redfish while standing one legged, on the top of the Eiffel Tower, shall be my masterpiece.
Waitin' For the Bus, Jesus Just Left Chicago, Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers, Master of Sparks, Hot, Blue and Righteous, Move Me on Down the Line, Precious and Grace, La Grange, Shiek, Have You Heard?
- http://www.paulpuckettart.com

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:49 am

All packaged and ready to ship. Woodblock print carved from shina grade plywood, hand pulled onto Arches watercolor paper using Akua Intaglio inks, matted with museum quality rag, and framed with a merlot stained barn wood style frame.

Wish I could be there for the shindig.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:55 am

I wanna hear Jerms say it. That he isnt being coerced by a partner or others and does truly want a child on 2014 earth.

This won't be good for his water time.

Consider this post your escape hatch.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

jerms

Post by jerms » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 pm

I guess it's about time I chimed in here. I've avoided it specifically because I don't think I can accurately portray how humbled and grateful I am at what is going on here. My wife and I have been trying to have a kid for seven or eight years now, and been subjected to what probably amounts to every test known to mankind only to be diagnosed as "unexplained infertility". In other words, there is nothing wrong with either of us. This lead to lots of fertility treatments, and then procedures, all of which have been unsuccessful over the years.

We've considered adopting for quite some time, and last year we took the steps to begin that journey. Since December we've had to turn down the opportunity to adopt 4 different infants because we didn't have the funds in place. It seems ridiculous that the process is so expensive, but I don't think there is any way around it. We've been saving and trying to figure out how to go about fundraising, but had no idea that Flatscaster (and many others) had already been working on this for some time.

The outpouring of support from you guys is remarkable. It's overwhelming, truth be told, that some of you are willing to help out and have never even met us.

Having a little rugrat around will certainly cut into my time on the water, but I'll have a chance to pass on my appreciation for the things I love to someone else, who can then pass it on to their kids, and so on and so forth. Worthwhile trade, in my books.

Best,
Jerms
A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:33 pm

jerms wrote:My wife and I have been trying to have a kid for seven or eight years now, and been subjected to what probably amounts to every test known to mankind only to be diagnosed as "unexplained infertility". In other words, there is nothing wrong with either of us. This lead to lots of fertility treatments, and then procedures, all of which have been unsuccessful over the years.
I've taken that ride too, it sucks & is confusing as can be, especially for the women folk. Best of luck to you.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

Wannabee

Post by Wannabee » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:45 pm

D-nymph wrote:
jerms wrote:My wife and I have been trying to have a kid for seven or eight years now, and been subjected to what probably amounts to every test known to mankind only to be diagnosed as "unexplained infertility". In other words, there is nothing wrong with either of us. This lead to lots of fertility treatments, and then procedures, all of which have been unsuccessful over the years.
I've taken that ride too, it sucks & is confusing as can be, especially for the women folk. Best of luck to you.
X2
"You can't let a bar die. A church......maybe.", Hoop