Helping out our friend Jerms

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
flatscaster

Re: Helping out our friend Jerms

Post by flatscaster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:54 pm

allright! a 10 wt. Redington Predator & BVK reel just showed up here Thanks to you CarolinaFly!
I feel like i been stuck at awesome; for a long time.
-Cap'n MM RN

flatscaster

Post by flatscaster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:28 pm

[report]from Dwayne Gresham:
Image[/report]
-Cap'n MM RN

Tailer

Post by Tailer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm in for tickets for sure. Flats, keep an eye out for an email from me RE: logistical shit.
if you break into my car, I'll go knock a granny on the head - 2Fish

croaker

Post by croaker » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:10 pm

At the least I'm in for some tickets.

Depending on the date(s) of the party. Be glad to bring/donate the fixins for a Low Country Boil
to feed @ 40 people.

:cool
"You can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him"---Robert A. Heinlein.
"Every time a fish came to the top, he grinned from ear to ear"--- fatman

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:50 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (184.89 KiB) Viewed 556 times
Mexico Returns - step two, ready to be cased.
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:59 pm

nine pages.

I'd like to see the inner workings and final outcome secrets revealed by page ten.

the reason I ask?
I see shit arriving at the host's and I'd like to submit as well... but unfortunately my work is completed to one's taste.
and I feel that if I were to just go and carve something to my taste it would alienate the other folk bidding/buying/winning...

see? I just don't fucking understand how any of this works. fuck.

I know what rhymes with seed.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:15 pm

austrotard wrote:nine pages.

I'd like to see the inner workings and final outcome secrets revealed by page ten.

the reason I ask?
I see shit arriving at the host's and I'd like to submit as well... but unfortunately my work is completed to one's taste.
and I feel that if I were to just go and carve something to my taste it would alienate the other folk bidding/buying/winning...

Really? You grew up watching Sesame Street? Who would have guessed?

Hey, buddy... whatever you do will be perfect.

The way I see it, you can go one of two ways; do something "Signature-Shawn"... in which case everyone will flip.

Or, offer something unfinished, and then finish it to the winner's desires. That's a slippery slope, as I see it. Lots of postage, time and unnecessary expectations. Long-term relationships hardly ever work out, you know?

I'll be cramming the bucket with tickets to win whatever you offer!
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

flatscaster

Post by flatscaster » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:20 pm

if you're building something, build what you like, build it the way you think is best and send it in. With a remote location raffle type scenario like this there's no way to tell who's going to end up with your creation and it's going to be a big pain in the ass for you then to deal with someone that you might not like who might have shitty taste and they may not understand what you've agreed to donate and so on...

You know what looks good and works. if it suits you it will suit us. if it doesn't, who gives a shit, Jerms still gets a kid named Michael Jackson Donkey Punch Clark and a face tattoo. it's a win win win.
-Cap'n MM RN

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:56 pm

that's fine name for a girl.

fuck it then. two fish from two fish.
I'll get started.

cheers.

payment:
bruce.jpg
bruce.jpg (65.45 KiB) Viewed 750 times

-mtice

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:40 pm

austrotard wrote:nine pages.

the reason I ask?

Mitchypoofish,

I submit Exhibit A: Which is our most recent and ongoing interactions regarding the carved work which I've commissioned from you from my Aunt Myrtle.

As I recall, I've whole heartedly agreed with (and been like holy shit that would be fucking awesome dude or some shit) with every single suggestion and detail that you proposed along the way for the project (and I'm sort of fussy about shit like this mind, especially when you've me trousers down over it).

Your ideas and introspect are truly a gift. You have the rare ability and skills to envision and incorporate into an artwork what other peasants like me simply cannot.

So now in retrospect, while I have sincerely appreciated your inclusion of my opinions, taste, and input along the way throughout the process, would feel quite confident and comfortable in saying "just do whatever fucking suits you mate".

So there.

I've said it.

In front of Dog and everyone.

You're talented, despite yourself, beyond all human understanding and have very fine tastes which transcend the requirements of this chat room and certainly this raffle.

Just turn something out that pleases you and the rest of us will be in awe- spending our fucking milk money on raffle tickets perchance to win whatever you've turned out.

You fuckin' wanker (tosser?)

Seppo: You Fuggin' Jackoff

You Fuggin' Jackoff.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:53 am

I'm using that last post in as my testimonials.

-mtice

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:46 am

What do I do with things once they are ready to be sent?

I figure my contribution should be worth at least 1 ticket purchase (my own) and even thats only $1 its still something!