This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By MTgrayling
Yard Sale wrote:
MTgrayling wrote:I had to find a tv so Yard could watch phootball. I got none.
That's just because you and Root picked a fight with the sheguide and couldn't go to the bar.

Watching the game was cool. The first shower in 5 days was heaven!
You heard that story wrong. I got no problem at the bar. The food sucks.

Btw: I told the judge to fuck off about that ticket. They're coming for your truck!
By Yard Sale
MTgrayling wrote:
Yard Sale wrote:
MTgrayling wrote:I had to find a tv so Yard could watch phootball. I got none.
That's just because you and Root picked a fight with the sheguide and couldn't go to the bar.

Watching the game was cool. The first shower in 5 days was heaven!
You heard that story wrong. I got no problem at the bar. The food sucks.

Btw: I told the judge to fuck off about that ticket. They're coming for your truck!
I may have embellished a bit for the sake of the story.

They will never take me alive!

Hoping to get up that way soon.
By flybug.pa.
i am on the edge here. would it be proper to take a pole about tv useage, as i have an 11 year old . i would love to have the cable shut off and the tv gone.
By dunk
flybug.pa. wrote:i am on the edge here. would it be proper to take a pole about tv useage, as i have an 11 year old . i would love to have the cable shut off and the tv gone.
A bit late in the game at 11. They're only a year or 2 from hating you and it may just fuel the fire...
By flybug.pa.
Probably so. I am taking him to an indoor shooting range to fire some semi- wanna be a killer weapons this weekend. We are leaving his Anshutz in the case. At home. Fuck TV.
By Hogleg
We need that "thing" to happen real soon.

You know, the one that thins the herd.

I thought that perhaps the Twinkie factory shutting down would be it but, alas, we survived that one.

Whatever form it takes, fuckin' bring it on.

And right soon.
By befuddled
dunk wrote:Our kid - now 20 something asked us the other day what we thought was the best thing we did as parents. The question hadn't really been posed before but simultaneously and without hesitation we both responded "NO TV!"

I wish I could say it was all intentional but, really, the fucker broke and we were busy with new career, wife in grad school and all that shit. Initially it was procrastination but then seemed like a good thing so we just stuck with it until the kid was 13 or 14.

No TV was hands down the best parenting move we made. If you have any kids - throw the fucking things out - NOW...

DVD bullshite too...
We didn't have TV until like two years ago. For some reason (aka keeping up with the Joneses) we put flat screens in three rooms after having one 1980s vintage big ass TV in the living room un-used for over ten years.

Last month we just killed our cable again. With exception of not having access to the games I want to watch, we won't miss it.

The only downside is library maintenance. We have to donate/sell/whatever close to 800 books and re-stock because everything's been read and they're getting older so we need a new inventory.
By T.J. Brayshaw
The Po Thead wrote:I find it incredibly ironic that NatGeo endorses fishing for one of the most endangered fish in the ocean (Bluefin). It will be such a shame when this truly magnificent fish becomes extinct.
The latest issue (March 2014) of NatGeo magazine has a big article about bluefin and how much trouble they might be in.

Apparently the society thought about the possible hypocrisy of the TV show when they decided to make it. Some interesting commentary here: http://deepseanews.com/2012/04/eating-w ... -going-on/

I understand some of the NatGeo's arguments, but I think in the end, I'm with you. It's hard to reconcile this. I'd think they could make a show that highlighted a lot of the excitement of tuna but focused on the scientists who tag and track them. But I don't watch
much TV so I'm not a particular good judge of what makes compelling viewing.
By Redchaser
I watch Honey Boo Boo for parenting tips.

33512388-91B6-4E0E-ACA0-28DEC975EE58.jpeg

"If you're planning to come to Montana...&quo[…]

nice bird hero fuckin virus https://i5.photobucke[…]

Atlantic salmonfly swap

a message some cunt sent a good mate of mine... […]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine