This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Pedorro
Bob, I'm too old for blue-balls.
I ain't coming back till this spread is like 9 pages. Then I'll know it's all here.
I was never one to last three dates before getting the goods.
Cheers Bob, looks like a great group.
After spending some time down there a couple of years ago, I decided it is a retirement option down the road. Thanks for bringing back great memories by sharing some of your own. :cool
By Truchero
Wow... :cool :cool :cool
By Grizz
Jeez Bob that post made me go out in a Chinook today just for a tug when I should be out gathering some fur and looking for early bone... got home and had to grill an elk tenderloin too. Wish I were there. Good on ya man!
The next morning is cold and blustery, and Lisa joins me. Besides her rod, I see her pack a book in her back pack. It's a particular blessing for me that she's as happy sitting in the sun reading a good book and watching me fish, as she is fishing herself.

We spend a few minutes with our friend, Kuppy, while Juan (the guide) get's Bill situated downstream in a run with a small ledge. A spot where good fish from the pool below will feed on nymphs until the sun climbs higher and flies start to hatch. It doesn't take Bill long at all...
DA_BillsFIsh1.jpg
DA_BillsFIsh1.jpg (58.25 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DA_BillsFish2.jpg
DA_BillsFish2.jpg (86.98 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DA_BillsFish3.jpg
DA_BillsFish3.jpg (91.67 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
A nice chunky rainbow!

I go back to Kuppy and hang with him, while while Lisa sits in the sun and reads. Kuppy catches a few and cuts me loose. "Go fish," he says with a smile.

We'll why not? I look upstream, and Lisa has vanished. I poke my way upstream for a hundred yards, and as I'm beginning to wonder about where she is, I hear her whisper. "If you're not careful, you're going to spook a nice fish." I sneak up to her, and she points out her prize.
DA_Shhhh.jpg
DA_Shhhh.jpg (45.55 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Lisa has this one staked out, but refuses to take the shot. "He's all yours," shes says. "I'm at a really good spot in the book."

She doesn't fool me, of course, that's just the way she is. I pick one of my favorite dries and sneak into position.
DA_FavFly.jpg
DA_FavFly.jpg (35.67 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DA_Sneak.jpg
DA_Sneak.jpg (84.25 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
The fish rises to the first drift... and refuses. But, not the second.
DA_Landing.jpg
DA_Landing.jpg (54.76 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
It's a nice little rainbow, and he gets out into the current and runs down stream, but comes to hand.
DA_Landed.jpg
DA_Landed.jpg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DrkArg_RnbUnder.jpg
DrkArg_RnbUnder.jpg (43.6 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Lisa's finally ready, and I set her up in a riffle swinging one of P-A's soft-hackles. Every cast... not big fish... but lots of action.
DA_LisaHooked.jpg
DA_LisaHooked.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DA_LisaLand.jpg
DA_LisaLand.jpg (56.08 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Before we know it, it's time to head back for a glass of wine and lunch. The weather is tough, but breaks in the clouds light up the rose bed in front of the lodge.
DA_Rose1.jpg
DA_Rose1.jpg (25.17 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DA_Rose2.jpg
DA_Rose2.jpg (48.7 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Lunch is served...
DA_lunch.jpg
DA_lunch.jpg (54.37 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
After lunch and apple pie for dessert...
DrkAgr_AppPie.jpg
DrkAgr_AppPie.jpg (51.75 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Lisa makes the call... she's in for a massage and a nap. I'm on my own for the afternoon.
I have a few minutes to kill before we leave, so I wander up to the bar and look over the hand-forged knives that are on display. I know... I know, I need another knife like a whole in my waders. Still...
DA_Knives.jpg
DA_Knives.jpg (48.32 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
I hang with my buddy Kuppy and, Ronnie, the manager of the operation. Kuppy is having a great afternoon; doing everything right, and it's a pleasure to watch.
DA_KuppyandRonnie1.jpg
DA_KuppyandRonnie1.jpg (57.03 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DA_KuppyAndRonnie2.jpg
DA_KuppyAndRonnie2.jpg (62.29 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
The wind is tough, and we head back a bit early. It's Super Bowl Sunday... and we're going to do it right!
DA_Super1.jpg
DA_Super1.jpg (61.74 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
DA_Super2.jpg
DA_Super2.jpg (46 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Happily, tomorrow's another day...
austrotard wrote:as trs go, this is all right... but needs more lisa.
Right you are, my friend.

One of my favorite shots from a few years ago...
Lisa.jpg
The inch worm hatch gets her goin' - Alumine River
Lisa.jpg (50.79 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
By Bobwhite
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:
Bobwhite wrote: After lunch and apple pie for dessert...
DrkAgr_AppPie.jpg
I want this so badly. I would eat no less than half right now were I able.
Yeah... that was a good and interesting one. There was no cinnamon... but almond. A really nice combination.

If I had one here... it'd be on it's way to you and the chicken.

With only 1 post and no BPP in that post you're […]

My Pillow Guy may be running for Governor in the[…]

The Kids Are Alright - TR

Ironman to son: Hold my other beer. :cool

33512388-91B6-4E0E-ACA0-28DEC975EE58.jpeg

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine