This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By woolly bugger
Okay, I fucked up in January and left the Double L 9' 6 wt (loomis blank) on the roof of the car and drove off.... of course when I returned it had been run over several times. LL Bean no longer had replacement parts (the rod is over 20 years old) and offered up $195 gift certificate....

I want to replace it with a streamer rod. and don't know anything about LL Beans current rods....

Here is the short list...

Sage Approach Four-Piece Fly Rod 9" 6 Wt. $295

Double L® Four-Piece Fly Rods, 9' 6 Wt. $260

Silver Ghost Four-Piece Fly Rod, 9' 6 Wt. $320

None of the above...

By SLSS
I don't know those rods either Wooly, but faced with a 6 wt desire last year I settled on a Beulah Platinum. Stick is a canon, and nicely put together overseas somewhere.
By MTgrayling
They have the best tote bags.

I got one for free about 15 years ago and make $.05 every time I bring it to the market. A conservative estimate; I bet this tote bag has made me $60. The clerks love it because the material is thick enough that it stands on its own and is therefore easy to load.

Get a tote bag.
By Lurgee
Buy this and use the other $200 for something else.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6wt-89-4pc-Temp ... 139wt_1105

I've got one in a 6 and an 8 and think they are a great streamer set-up.
By Bobwhite
PM sent.

Let me know when the ginger's top comes off...
By VTNZ
Scott is/will be discontinuing their S4S top o the line zippy fast salty. They make the S4S in a 9' 6wt. and I use it for the windy days down here in NZ.
I bet you could find either a Freshwater S4 9 6wt. or a S4S 9 6wt. for around $300 and change.

And its made in America! :cool
By fatman
SLSS wrote:I don't know those rods either Wooly, but faced with a 6 wt desire last year I settled on a Beulah Platinum. Stick is a canon, and nicely put together overseas somewhere.
I've got the Beulah Guide Series. Also a serious stick, and comes with two tips. :smile
By The Volfish
I'd give you my opinion, but honestly, it doesn't matter. You and I don't cast the same.

Cast a bunch of rods in the price range you're comfortable with & pay attention to the details (components). Price isn't always the best indicator of a rod's worth.

I think that's fixin' to change.

Goodbye to another one

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham of South Carolina four year[…]

Unlimited Bronze Backs

managed a few this summer https://hosting.photobu[…]

Unlimited "New Music Friday"

The Smashing Pumpkins present: In Ashes, a five-p[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine