This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Bobwhite
Wow...
By Boomin
Just thought I would lighten the mood. This seemed applicable.

A friend and I were fishing and saw a couple of these guys crossing the creek. Sprinted back to the truck for the bang stick. Put her in the dark room at about 30 yards with a 30-30. The eating was awesome. The smell of a wet, dead, sow pig in the back of the Cruiser; not so much
By jhnnythndr
Fuck off Willi. As soon as someone mentions swinging you start your bullshit. I don't give a fuck if you are gods gift to colorados trout or not- ican nearly breathe right now I'm so fucking pissed that anyone quoted your ass.

Looks like a pretty sweet trip to get to tagalog on. When the guide starts hemming an hawing about how long they been in the river and how trouty they get- and your seeing dark fish "stacked up" and it's late feb(southernmost range- late may(northernmost range) anywhere you find North American steelhead...

You can pretty much be assured you are not getting "the experience". Regardless of whether or not Willi takes an opportunity to argue with 2 hand guys on your thread.

While willi wants to sling shit at 2handers- I and the others who know will tell you- it's not about you and your flyrod, it's about sharing time with something amazing. I got Michael Jordan's autograph in 92 in the omni. The quality of the experience was superior to getting his autograph in 2011 in a restroom in Vegas. If you don't know- its alright, but you don't know- and those of us who do know, will always feel some pity for you others.
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
The swinging v. bobber watching thing is just dumb. Swinging flies is just more enjoyable. For me.

Only one of those fish you put up truly looks stale to me. They are all nice. Congrats.

Now if youll excuse me, I need to go pick up some jumbo shiners from Bowleys so I can sit on my cooler and watch a bobber in the hopes it goes down with a nice pike on the end of the line this weekend.
By foureyedgeek
Boomin wrote:The smell of a wet, dead, sow pig in the back of the Cruiser; not so much
PT or Land?
By Shufisher
bcollins wrote:Not just any bow , a traditional bow , I have way to much respect for the hogs to use a compound bow ..
I shoot 'em with anything handy...Vermin!

It sucks that they don't leave some out of the way[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Got absolutely schooled here recently. https://i.[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

March 3, 2021 #7 Gas $2.55 Drove on up expectin[…]

Luau 2021

What weekend is this? Something came up.

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine