This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By The Wandering Blues
Everything about that, including the photography put my steelhead outing this week squarely in the "sucks in comparison" category.
By VTNZ
Looks like a great trip man; and on some beautiful water and some purty fishes.... :cool

Too bad some had to play the snobby methodology card, but I can assure you the fish didn't know the difference and likely kept their lips attached to their mouths. I hear ya Willi
By truteya
Thanks all around for the replies. I appreciate the discussion. These are magnificent creatures and they elicit a strong response. I have no doubt that swinging for these fish is spectacularly rewarding and well worth the long hours it takes to get grabs. I desperately want to try it on my next trip. But this was my first steelhead trip, it was my birthday, and I live a long way from steelhead water. It was my intention to get as many steelhead as possible to eat the golden stonefly nymphs that I'd been so stoked to tie in the previous weeks, and my guide was happy to help me do it. If you feel the need to bust my balls about that, knock yourself out.

I do a lot of dry fly fishing and sometimes find myself looking down my nose just a bit when I pass a guy with a bobber. I do not, however, stop him and tell him he's not getting the full experience cause he's not fishing dry. Even if it might be true, I run the risk of coming across as a bit of a douche to a fellow fisherman.
By gadflyfisher
Some people will do anything to get Root to take them swing fishing.
Well at least I would.

Nice fish.
Glad you had fun.
If you ever get one swinging you will know what Sully meant.
Till then enjoy the fuck outta however you fish for them.
By MTgrayling
truteya wrote:Thanks all around for the replies. I appreciate the discussion. These are magnificent creatures and they elicit a strong response. I have no doubt that swinging for these fish is spectacularly rewarding and well worth the long hours it takes to get grabs. I desperately want to try it on my next trip. But this was my first steelhead trip, it was my birthday, and I live a long way from steelhead water. It was my intention to get as many steelhead as possible to eat the golden stonefly nymphs that I'd been so stoked to tie in the previous weeks, and my guide was happy to help me do it. If you feel the need to bust my balls about that, knock yourself out.

I do a lot of dry fly fishing and sometimes find myself looking down my nose just a bit when I pass a guy with a bobber. I do not, however, stop him and tell him he's not getting the full experience cause he's not fishing dry. Even if it might be true, I run the risk of coming across as a bit of a douche to a fellow fisherman.

More is more better.

Theoretically; if one hooks Willi's foot, can one get Willi's boot mounted?
What size boots Willi?
By this old porch
lownslow wrote:the king's hat and croakies. thats a friend or foe. 2 minute convo will tell...
Friendo in Mendo
...I only use the finest ropes for hogtying

Truteya, just built a corral trap... fish in a barrel
photo-5.jpg
photo-5.jpg (85.09 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Nice report, good times :cool
By truteya
I could get one with a bow for sure!!!

Backcountry camping is better. Can still be bus[…]

So you want to own a flyshop?

Great stuff, Rich, keep em coming.

Friday Cheer Through Pics