winter lets go- TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
jerome

Re: winter lets go- TR

Post by jerome » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:59 pm

bullship wrote:I had a pretty strong feeling that this wasn't going well, but I wasn't necessarily expecting sexual assault and gimp servitude per Bigfoot. Way to go, kid. Way to go.
Its the kinder gentler drake, plus greener than setting one's self on fire.

Is there actually anything to be jealous of??? All i feel is anger, pity and sympathy..... and a slight hope that a giant,shunned,sexually deviant Cryptid will start enforcing his own perverted justice for crimes against nature. The Lorax just isnt getting the job done.

Is this guy a guide for Shortbus Outfitters? A recent grad of Special ED guide school? Is this a joke?
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

Ramcatt

Post by Ramcatt » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:28 pm

CarpeTructa wrote:Jealousy rears its ugly head. Pay no attention to the peanut gallery, looks like a great trip. :cool
Yes
We are all jealous of hero shots of beat up fish that were snagged off redds
Oh so jealous ...
"Ramcatt is the origninal cuntry fishing troubadour, and the youngest dirty old man to fish these waters"
- Al Goldstein (c.1973)

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Geez... he's a kid that posted some pics of some fish he caught. They were caught on flies and he wasn't a dick about it.

Bunch of adults making fun of a kid for shit they were probably doing a year ago back when they actually posted pics of fishing. God forbid you try to give a kid some props for getting after it or offer some banter to help him meet your high fishing standards y'all seem to have.

I'll run back to the basement now to talk about ghey stuff completely unrelated to fly fishing...
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Kid's got some game. :cool It just needs to be refined and matured. And, there were enough 'peekaboo' shots for us to form a mental picture of your face, which might not bode well if you were wading over redds. Listen & learn and by the time you're drinking age, you'll be solid.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:51 pm

10003572_10200764202346972_7798971579621291047_o.jpg
10003572_10200764202346972_7798971579621291047_o.jpg (175.78 KiB) Viewed 729 times
So flyboy...this is the type of shot I think we can agree is on track...nice

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:58 pm

The closeup of the scales. Go get em kid.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Woolybug25 wrote: Bunch of adults ...

Ha ha ha !!!!!!!!

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

T.J. Brayshaw wrote:
Woolybug25 wrote: Bunch of adults ...

Ha ha ha !!!!!!!!
(Uh huh)
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

jerome

Post by jerome » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Woolybug25 wrote:Geez... he's a kid that posted some pics of some fish he caught. They were caught on flies and he wasn't a dick about it.

Bunch of adults making fun of a kid for shit they were probably doing a year ago back when they actually posted pics of fishing. God forbid you try to give a kid some props for getting after it or offer some banter to help him meet your high fishing standards y'all seem to have.

I'll run back to the basement now to talk about ghey stuff completely unrelated to fly fishing...
I hope this is a joke....or something is just wrong bro...

Like the pot calling the kettle black.... the memories and mammories.... the good old days. Have you forgotten?

and Adults???? oh shit. seriously........in the mystical online utopic land of misfit fly fishermen, here... that world doesn't fucking exist...if not the drake would die and so would our inner asshole child that this place keeps from lashing out at the world and ending up in jail. Very bad things would happen. Don't talk about that kind of shit.....
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

jerome

Post by jerome » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:15 pm

And for fucking fuck's sake.......... fishing the kenny power's rid( egg/bead rig) for TROUT behind spawning areas is not only matching the hatch but helping the spawning fish get their groove on successfully. This can only be done with lots of research, caution, the right tackle, and climbing up stuff and sitting, watching..... to ensure that you are practicing an act of conservation and saving the helpless eggs from being gobbled down by other Trout, sometimes even their own PARENTS!!!!!!!!! Think of the children!!!!!!!

Its an art and shall not be practiced by those who are not worthy of such a responsibility and while also resisting temptation. Not just any asshole can do such noble and important deeds the right way...... nor remain humble knowing that so many fish consider him a motherfucking hero.

As far as steelhead go, this sort of shit will not stand and in a perfect world would be dealt with by said sexually confused, pervert Bigfoot enforcing the code of the woods with his special rough justice.

Still remain undecided on steelbow rainheads until I can get western with a few...

that is all...

stratabass

Post by stratabass » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:04 am

It's weird. I never know how things are going to go in here. It looked like a good time to me. No fish were rolling around on the bank, no body got gill-banged and I only wish those fish were closer to me. But then again, what the hell do I know?
"A part-time pirate just can't get much respect around here." JMcM

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:42 am

stratabass wrote:It's weird. I never know how things are going to go in here. It looked like a good time to me. No fish were rolling around on the bank, no body got gill-banged and I only wish those fish were closer to me. But then again, what the hell do I know?
I mostly swing flies these days, but I can still remember starting with grasshoppers and worms. I've fished a lot of ways along the way, most all of them fly fishing.

A lot of nice fish in there. I understand wanting a pic of you and your fish, but more fish, less you might be better for the fish. Try and keep them in the water as much as possible.
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."