Do any of you guys know about auto retrieve reels?

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Re: Do any of you guys know about auto retrieve reels?

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Woolybug25 wrote:That looks like a run of the mill spinner bait to me...

See guys...
Spoken like a true novice. I bid you good day, sir, I said GOOD DAY!

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:18 pm

this rocks with a little bit of Aircell
Attachments
springer 001.JPG
springer 001.JPG (297.94 KiB) Viewed 735 times
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

SouthFork

Post by SouthFork » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:40 pm

One of my "mentors" in fly fishing had one of these. I still remember him skipping small trout over the surface of the water on the retrieve. It was always pretty entertaining to watch.
That was one of the finest examples of spiritual guidance I've ever had the good fortune to witness.

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:00 pm

If you follow KP's sage advice just make sure you disable the governor, or speed limiter, lest your efforts be futile.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

D-nymph

Post by D-nymph » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:53 am

If one was to attach buzz bait blades to a 2/0 shrimp fly it would be very castable & probably attract numerous Loch Raven pike to strike with vigor.
"The devil's pourin drinks and his daughter needs a ride" - III

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:59 am

I saw some sort of freshwater mussel, clam, or oyster shell in there the other day when I fished it last so it does seem reasonable to assume there would also be some sort of freshwater shrimp swimming around also.

Here is a delicious bass I caught on that outing.

It wasnt on a buzzbait as the water is still too cold.

I also caught some trout in a trib on the same trip on the walk back to my vehicle.

I caught a bunch more and they were all like that. I probably shouldnt have bothered with a picture of even that one, but I did pledge to take more pitchers of fish this year since I literally only photographed 3 fish last year. I would apologize for gear caught fish being posted but Im really not all that sorry.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:20 am

Great bass... Looks like your shirt is slightly... ill-fitting.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:36 am

Yeah, its too large. Much like Orvis buttondown shirts, Redington shirt are improperly sized. The sized Large shirt is more of an Extra Large. Its not so disappointing to me simply because its just a fishing shirt, and Im fairly certain the fish dont care about the anglers appearance. Unfortunately (or fortunately), society, on the other hand, places at least some importance upon not looking like a slob so I wouldve been much more disappointed had the shirt been intended for everyday wear.

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:47 am

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:Yeah, its too large. Much like Orvis buttondown shirts, Redington shirt are improperly sized. The sized Large shirt is more of an Extra Large. Its not so disappointing to me simply because its just a fishing shirt, and Im fairly certain the fish dont care about the anglers appearance. Unfortunately (or fortunately), society, on the other hand, places at least some importance upon not looking like a slob so I wouldve been much more disappointed had the shirt been intended for everyday wear.
For instance, an improperly fitted belted sweater?
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:51 am

There is no need to rub salt into old wounds. We all know I was never able to procure a belted sweater for myself (hence my hiatus from this message board for a whole year) so its simply not possible for me to gauge the level of my disappointment in purchasing an improperly sized specimen as I cannot currently gauge my excitement in donning one of proper fit.

jerome

Post by jerome » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:00 am

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:There is no need to rub salt into old wounds. We all know I was never able to procure a belted sweater for myself (hence my hiatus from this message board for a whole year) so its simply not possible for me to gauge the level of my disappointment in purchasing an improperly sized specimen as I cannot currently gauge my excitement in donning one of proper fit.
I had no idea and am much saddened by this. I will look everywhere possible the only place that belted sweaters may still exist.... the huge thrift stores of mormon spudlandia.... Hopefully I find the belted sweater jack-pot without being converted to the Magic of Joe Smith....
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:02 am

Thank you, Jerome. I wear a size L in properly sized garments, but I will need a size M if the garment is improperly-sized like Orvis and Redington button-down shirts.