This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
this rocks with a little bit of Aircell
Attachments:
springer 001.JPG
springer 001.JPG (297.94 KiB) Viewed 781 times
One of my "mentors" in fly fishing had one of these. I still remember him skipping small trout over the surface of the water on the retrieve. It was always pretty entertaining to watch.
If you follow KP's sage advice just make sure you disable the governor, or speed limiter, lest your efforts be futile.
I saw some sort of freshwater mussel, clam, or oyster shell in there the other day when I fished it last so it does seem reasonable to assume there would also be some sort of freshwater shrimp swimming around also.

Here is a delicious bass I caught on that outing.

It wasnt on a buzzbait as the water is still too cold.

I also caught some trout in a trib on the same trip on the walk back to my vehicle.

I caught a bunch more and they were all like that. I probably shouldnt have bothered with a picture of even that one, but I did pledge to take more pitchers of fish this year since I literally only photographed 3 fish last year. I would apologize for gear caught fish being posted but Im really not all that sorry.
Yeah, its too large. Much like Orvis buttondown shirts, Redington shirt are improperly sized. The sized Large shirt is more of an Extra Large. Its not so disappointing to me simply because its just a fishing shirt, and Im fairly certain the fish dont care about the anglers appearance. Unfortunately (or fortunately), society, on the other hand, places at least some importance upon not looking like a slob so I wouldve been much more disappointed had the shirt been intended for everyday wear.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:Yeah, its too large. Much like Orvis buttondown shirts, Redington shirt are improperly sized. The sized Large shirt is more of an Extra Large. Its not so disappointing to me simply because its just a fishing shirt, and Im fairly certain the fish dont care about the anglers appearance. Unfortunately (or fortunately), society, on the other hand, places at least some importance upon not looking like a slob so I wouldve been much more disappointed had the shirt been intended for everyday wear.
For instance, an improperly fitted belted sweater?
There is no need to rub salt into old wounds. We all know I was never able to procure a belted sweater for myself (hence my hiatus from this message board for a whole year) so its simply not possible for me to gauge the level of my disappointment in purchasing an improperly sized specimen as I cannot currently gauge my excitement in donning one of proper fit.
Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:There is no need to rub salt into old wounds. We all know I was never able to procure a belted sweater for myself (hence my hiatus from this message board for a whole year) so its simply not possible for me to gauge the level of my disappointment in purchasing an improperly sized specimen as I cannot currently gauge my excitement in donning one of proper fit.
I had no idea and am much saddened by this. I will look everywhere possible the only place that belted sweaters may still exist.... the huge thrift stores of mormon spudlandia.... Hopefully I find the belted sweater jack-pot without being converted to the Magic of Joe Smith....
Luau 2021

If I’m not on a Caribbean cruise or lake Pow[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpick[…]

https://nypost.com/2021/02/13/feds-arrest-man-du[…]

So you want to own a flyshop?

January 4th, 2017 Decided to do something diffe[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine