This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By catfish
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:Question. .... How else do you catch tripple tail on the fly. ?

Pots and pilings is all I've ever known or heard of.

Awesome fish. I'd love to learn anything about them.

Carry on with your argument.
My experience SW FLA Pots only...did not mean fly rod Triple on flats; moreover, since I eat them it's conventional spinning not fly and live shrimp or 1/4 oz jig tipped. For me conventional is more efficient...
By B.M. Barrelcooker
gotcha....they are fun and tasty.
By JRH
This seems to happen every May.
The permit go offshore to the wrecks.
People go out and easily catch them on bait, shove them in the cooler and nail em to the dock.
Everyone who's ever fly fished feels the need to weigh in on social media and fishy chat rooms
to express their EXTREME DISPLEASURE and to make sure everyone else knows
that conservation is more important to them than the person that posted above them.
The extreme displeasure people judge the permit killers as mouth breathing, knuckle dragging rednecks,
because it makes them feel better about themselves to call other people names on the Internets.
The permit killers judge the fly fisherman as elitist, pretentious and impetuous liberals because it's
their god given right to take what the law allows ('Merica) and because it makes them feel better about themselves
to call other people names on the Internets.
And then Bonefish and Tarpon Trust sends another all expenses paid group of "scientists" to the
Caribbean or Central America to fish with guides and study Florida Keys habitat.

Circle of life (and death).
See you guys next May.
By D-nymph
Disappointed this thread is only 3 pages.
By Cary
looks like the edge is on the keyboard and off the water. Reframe, revise, resubmit.

Cuntbubbles, all around. :roll:
By catfish
JRH

"The extreme displeasure people judge the permit killers as mouth breathing, knuckle dragging rednecks, because it makes them feel better about themselves to call other people names on the Internets.
The permit killers judge the fly fisherman as elitist, pretentious and impetuous liberals because it's their god given right to take what the law allows ('Merica) and because it makes them feel better about themselves"

They are all that you call just look at the picture but I do not need to feel better because I already do ...in me 73rd year, I do not need to revert to Homo Erectus to eat. And I do not need to kill for sport to satisfy. I suspect it's because the closer I get to dying the more I distain killing.

I have always been and judged a democrat and a liberal in social, economic, and judicial venues and, therefore, the opinion of 'neck, wreck Permit, killers of me is of no concern... "their" opinion like that of the street wino's retort "you're a cheap MF SOB" is to be regarded as untrue and impossible.

As for my sport of flyfishing(when I'm flyfishing) hell yes I'm elitist and not impetuous (which is to say rash, reckless, impulsive, or hotheaded) but imperious which is to say arrogant and superior vis a vis killers of flats sporting fish including 'Cudas. When I'm meat fishing it's conventional and a single for the table but that's rare these days 'cause it's a pain to clean and prep after a hard day on the water for us old farts.

Are 'neck killers only in salt...I have not within the past five years seen the equivalent picture of pegged Florida LMB...all those big fish caught on shiners; that's profiled 'neck city but no pics of pegged numbers of LMB...how come??
By JRH
Uncle Catfish,

1) Just pointing out the obvious that "this" occurs 'round this time each year.

B) Congrats on making it to 73! Your George Bush Bahamas Helicopter letter is still the funniest thing I've read here.

iii) To your bass question - I don't know, but I'd have to guess it's because
LMB taste like fertilizer and/or because there are no fancy wooden-fish-display-nail-board-thingys for photo ops
at fresh water marinas and boat ramps, but there is one at just about every salt water dock/marina.
By jdub
JRH wrote: And then Bonefish and Tarpon Trust sends another all expenses paid group of "scientists" to the
Caribbean or Central America to fish with guides and study Florida Keys habitat..
Maybe, but a couple of years ago fishing out of PA we ran across a master's student doing her thesis work on permit that was funded by BTT. I couldn't give a shit about the stupid Buc's and Bones crap, but BTT WAS funding basic science with this student. I have yet to run into a TU funded student.
By The Volfish
BTT = Big Time Travelers
By redfin89
The best part of the picture is the Triton with the powerpole down in the background. That's a wreck fishing machine.....
By B.M. Barrelcooker
catfish wrote:JRH

"The extreme displeasure people judge the permit killers as mouth breathing, knuckle dragging rednecks, because it makes them feel better about themselves to call other people names on the Internets.
The permit killers judge the fly fisherman as elitist, pretentious and impetuous liberals because it's their god given right to take what the law allows ('Merica) and because it makes them feel better about themselves"

They are all that you call just look at the picture but I do not need to feel better because I already do ...in me 73rd year, I do not need to revert to Homo Erectus to eat. And I do not need to kill for sport to satisfy. I suspect it's because the closer I get to dying the more I distain killing.

I have always been and judged a democrat and a liberal in social, economic, and judicial venues and, therefore, the opinion of 'neck, wreck Permit, killers of me is of no concern... "their" opinion like that of the street wino's retort "you're a cheap MF SOB" is to be regarded as untrue and impossible.

As for my sport of flyfishing(when I'm flyfishing) hell yes I'm elitist and not impetuous (which is to say rash, reckless, impulsive, or hotheaded) but imperious which is to say arrogant and superior vis a vis killers of flats sporting fish including 'Cudas. When I'm meat fishing it's conventional and a single for the table but that's rare these days 'cause it's a pain to clean and prep after a hard day on the water for us old farts.

Are 'neck killers only in salt...I have not within the past five years seen the equivalent picture of pegged Florida LMB...all those big fish caught on shiners; that's profiled 'neck city but no pics of pegged numbers of LMB...how come??

Dude. That is rich.
whatcha tying?

1650B2D9-E969-4148-8EDA-D4CDD21E4D19.jpeg E3D3D7[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

I'm sending in a piece of marabou on a toothpick

in recent news: Poll: 38% of Americans would giv[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

] Feb 27, 2021 Gas $2.49 Temp 68 Wet wading in[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine