This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By fallen513
You're doin' it right! In the suds all day Wedz/Thurs & stormtrooped out Fri/Sat. Come onnnnnnnn 2012 repeat.
By Sakonnet
fallen513 wrote:You're doin' it right! In the suds all day Wedz/Thurs & stormtrooped out Fri/Sat. Come onnnnnnnn 2012 repeat.
Either out front or the jetty way west if the albies are there. My green bonito skunk is going strong now 7 years and it's been 2 years since I got an appleknocker from land so's I'll probably be at the jetty.
By fallen513
Two guys with me that have not seen it & all it'z glory. You talkin' the West side of it?
By Sakonnet
Yes. I've not been to the east jetty. Maybe I'll figure out how to get to that side. See how the wind blows. We saw hardtail there last year; only ones I saw that whole trip. May have been green bonito; heard more about them that trip than alberts.
By NeedmoreDEET
Where are the postcards?
By fallen513
[quote="Sakonnet"]Yes. I've not been to the east jetty. Maybe I'll figure out how to get to that side. See how the wind blows. We saw hardtail there last year; only ones I saw that whole trip. May have been green bonito; heard more about them that trip than alberts.[/quote]

There's a guard shack where you just walk in & buy a pass. Drive through some badass neighborhoods to get there. West side is better best I can tell.

This is what it looks like with a hurricane raging offshore...

By crabtops
fallen513 wrote:
Sakonnet wrote:Yes. I've not been to the east jetty. Maybe I'll figure out how to get to that side. See how the wind blows. We saw hardtail there last year; only ones I saw that whole trip. May have been green bonito; heard more about them that trip than alberts.
There's a guard shack where you just walk in & buy a pass. Drive through some badass neighborhoods to get there. West side is better best I can tell.
You got the parking situation right. Most times you don't even have to pay, especially if it's mid week given that it's late in the season. That inlet is really your best bet in all of LI for an albie from shore, that and my home jetty. Got my first from shore out there 2012. But the East side is way better, channel hugs the rocks at that corner.

Planning on hitting it up on my way out on Friday. Probably take the whole day there then fish Sat and Sun with the capts and head back to the big city at the end of the day Sunday if that figures into anyones plans.
By fallen513
I've never fished that side, only driven through and looked around. We will definitely hit the East side this trip...
By fallen513
Bump.

10 days!
By Sakonnet
Pray for calm winds. Leaves are already starting to change.
By fallen513
20 knts & 8 feet Monday...

Yeeeehaw!
By Kylemc
Have fun! Be as safe as necessary!

KP got a good dig in. When I'm the guy who ge[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Pearly Muddler Mayfly https://live.staticfli[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. FYI, he's FSB over here, the[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Summer was nice. https://i.imgur.com/2xETTzX.jp[…]