This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Saltan
Been a watcher for a while here now and thought it about time to introduce myself in proper fashion, cause I know fashion is a hot topic on this board. I come from a small piece of land in the mighty pacific sea known as New Zealand, but I'm currently doing time on a bigger much different piece of land oft mistaken for Austria. It's the most massive piece of land I've been on and has many expiring dangers anywhere from ankle level upwards, I've been fortunate to navigate my way through it, past it, over & under a lot of it so far.

I've done some miles and some hard times in 2014, moving from Perth in the Western corner across the dusty red land to the far North of Queensland was a big move which saw my boat and belongings on a truck, myself on a plane, and my wallet empty.

I drove some miles and drove some more after that and arrived at my final destination town of Halifax, population 300 where I've been living since, a proper magic place for salt fiends like myself. With the splattering of the Great Barrier Reef up the coast the mainland is protected well from ocean swell, and a large jurassic looking outcrop called Hinchinbrook Island provides a massive protection zone for miles of mangrove lined salty creek systems and channels.

So seven months in and I've done a fair bit of time out on the water, seen some big fish, seen some big crocodiles too. This is my mangrove machine I get around in…

Big variety of fish here including mini Tarpon and Permit, Tarpon are loads of fun on the 5wt and max out at about 3ft compared to the giant US version, some fish…

Spent many good years in my grommet days fly fishing the rivers and streams back in New Zealand which I'll get back to oneday…

I also spend a lot of time at my fly tying bench and have taken a lot of inspiration from you guys here, some feathery food for the salt…

Tied a dozen of these for Mitch a while back…

not sure if he's chucked them at anything yet. Just got me a custom built fiberglass stick, a 686 Epic made in NZ and built in OZ, pretty hard on the old arms swinging these mega fast saltwater rods all day so nice to have a something different that puts the good times back into casting…

Pies, I don't eat pies because it's too hot here, I do keep the occasional fish for dinner, always followed by a hop loaded beer from NZ or the US…

My custom built GPS Fucktard Kettle…

Some gingery goodness...

That's pretty much me, living to fish at the moment so should have a total retard report to post soon. Next few months are best as good as it gets here with cool temps and before the wet season arrives and the humidity and wildlife go mental again, now where's me beer, mate.
By jerms
Strong to very strong.

Not that my opinion matters, mind.
By Gremlin
In
By CharlieJenkem
You can stay. Don't be a dick.

PS - Nice gingers (excepting the scrawny meth head with the giant pussy)
Last edited by CharlieJenkem on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Randall Dee
Anyone who doesn't eat pie is suspect. And that's about the gheyest watch I've ever seen. And who the hell wears it outside of their sleeve. Double ghey.

Nice boat and pics tho.
:cool
By The Wandering Blues
Name dropping Mitch in most part's of the world should invoke insults in 32 languages, rioting, and at least one international 'incident'.... Except on the Drake.

Welcome to the fray. And try to get a hold of some Sculpin IPA from Ballast Point. I think you'll be very happy.
By Redchaser
Fantastic fish pics, the watch is gay, I don't really give a shit about the pie. Stick around and don't shit the bed.
By RFA
best one in awhile.
Speechless on the Fall Cover Fail, OMG

so now that we all know what virtue signalling is […]

Kevin, as always it was great to see you and have […]

Rust Belt 2019

He did....with my camera!! And my fish :gun

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

when do i get my goddamn flies. is what im wonderi[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine