This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By ScottP
Those that can, do; those that can't post a lot of tying SBSs. Figured it was time to try out some of the stuff I'd been tying to see if it really worked. Torn knee cartilage ruled out most of the freestoners so headed to a land where the submerged rocks are few and far between (at least the 8 mile stretch I fished).

On the road; wanted to be across the pass before Dawn showed her crack so I didn't get shotgunned by the sun, also wanted to be there early enough for any tricos that might still be coming off/falling in (as it turned out there were some but they didn't generate a whole lot of interest)

the best way to see Browning, slightly out of focus

heading in the right direction with the Rocky Mountain Front on the starboard side

wild country out here

Haystack Butte

magic number (need to clean the bugs off the windshield)

grabbed the last campsite in town along the river, stopped at one of the shops for the latest info (word was that fishing was "pretty good") and headed out to a spot that's been generous in the past

downstream

upstream

as it turned out they were interested in hoppers

came down here for the evening; struck out on the fish but scored some sights

and the next morning

found some early morning bank feeders, had a couple brief hookups with trico spinners, then the wind kicked in and that was over

switched back to hoppers, no dice; added a rainbow Czech dropper and back in business

bald eagles and redtails took turns using this as a navigation point while riding the updrafts

little bit of weather came in the evening; we had a bit of rain, they had snow in the Park

next morning, no wind and it was back to the bank feeders

popped off 3 good ones on a Trico, midge emerger and a Parachute Adams (black Congo Hair post made them soooo much easier to see), then spent the rest of the day guessing wrong; finally connected on a purple Lightning Bug with the only brown I saw in 4 days

last morning

sight-casting to feeders, hooked 10, 5 of which broke me off and the other 5 bored into the weeds and came off (6x tippet doesn't give me much say in the discussion)

back across the Divide with just enough time to fish an old friend; lots of rocks, but not much algae and I know my way around it pretty well (besides the cutts are suckers for floating things)

managed 24" trout (in 3 8" increments)

stones; no surprise

back home (I really need to clean the bugs off the windshield)

Man, that looked real nice. I like the way that blue line looked. Found myself dissecting the picture, looking for the holes and seams.
By PastorBen
hey there

always enjoy your trips and your photos....kinda miss that area....

Grace and peace

Ben
Attitude

Wrong thread for newb fuckery, Fanny.

“ Well you may not know it but this man's a […]

I finally put down the booze long enough to packag[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Reece’s Surface Assassin (variation) h[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine