The root of drakian generosity

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
DizzyDean

Re: The root of drakian generosity

Post by DizzyDean » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:04 am

Good stuff Auggie, and good on you Root for taking the bloke out. Hey AW, Still don't know how I haven't met you in person yet, but I'll be down around that area this fall, maybe we can hit up Tuna for a stripefish sesh or grab a beer at the Dutch Goose. Keep up the good work.
my blog from the Sierras

http://rustyhooks.wordpress.com

FredA

Post by FredA » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 am

AW great stuff. :cool

Surly

Post by Surly » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:37 am

That's just about perfect.
"If the trout are lost, smash the State." Thomas McGuane

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:57 am

Reason #1 I'm jealous of AW- He has a vineyard. Newly discovered reason #23- he has an Airstream.

We were in BC a couple of weeks ago and I was floored by the beauty up there. Unfortunately, I only saw it from the deck of a cruise ship. One of these days I'll do it proper. Til then, thanks!
Last edited by The Wandering Blues on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

Zor

Post by Zor » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:07 am

That's good livin right there. I'll second WB on the airstream jealousy.
“I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor. It is a symbol of despair. Cheap prices make for cheap goods; cheap goods make for cheap men; and cheap men make for a cheap country.”

-William McKinley

augustwest

Post by augustwest » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:31 am

The Wandering Blues wrote:Reason #1 I'm jealous of AW- He has a vineyard. Newly discovered reason #23- he has an Airstream.
Zor wrote:I'll second WB on the airstream jealousy.
If I had my own vineyard I probably would have been dead long ago...I just get it by the bottle from the guys with the same name. And that Airstream is root's rig -- it is about the most perfect mobile steelhead camp you could ever imagine. The walls are covered with the works of some of the drake's finest steelhead and salmon fly tyers and it has a propane grill that magically turns out the best inch-thick smoked pork chops you'll ever eat. It even has a stereo system, with a grateful dead CD that some lunatic gave him.
"Enjoy every sandwich." -- W. Zevon

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:13 am

Well, fuck it, I'm still jealous.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

John Stewart

Post by John Stewart » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:16 am

Was this a fishing trip?

Did you catch fish?
http://www.goldenbeetle.net

Kylemc

Post by Kylemc » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 am

Awesome!!!
"And sometimes both is required. We; the three of us were rather like the willow. Nothing broke us...Fucking Nothing..."

I forgot the rest.... your mom is a whore...WB25

K_P

Post by K_P » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 pm

If I understand it correctly, I am the first member of a fishing forum that Root had met and fished with.

If I further understand it correctly, a great many of you have also now been the beneficiaries of his incredible generosity and stream-side expertise.

So, the way I see you, you bastards owe me big time for opening the gate. After all, if I had been an axe-murdering psychopath, none of you would be posting up these awesome TRs.

I'll set up a Pay Pal account presently.

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Glad you could visit up our way AW...class man

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:53 pm

If I understand it correctly, I am the first member of a fishing forum that Root had met and fished with.

If I further understand it correctly, a great many of you have also now been the beneficiaries of his incredible generosity and stream-side expertise.

So, the way I see you, you bastards owe me big time for opening the gate. After all, if I had been an axe-murdering psychopath, none of you would be posting up these awesome TRs.
I'll just assume you were an axe murdering psychopath as I've yet to get an invite.Never mind we met and you were not an axe murdering shithead. At least I don't think you were.Perhaps Root is a bad judge of character ? I'll defer to the dog. Never mind.