This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
[report]Well, we had another adventure.

Took the baby Ethiopian on his first plane ride and went to see his mother's family. Per usual, they made sure I got some time on the water at the camp. I've had great topwater days there in the late fall, but it wasn't so this time. Fished Palometa's poppers all morning with high hopes, but saw nary a swirl. Reluctantly, I took it subsurface and was into a fish in 5 minutes on a Thalweg fly.

The fish was even smaller than it looks here.

And that was it for the flies. I hit the deeper brush piles with a Texas rig and got one more unimpressive fish.
It was a let down. I had been briefed that the bass population had taken a nosedive, and my research confirmed that.

Oh well. Nice sunset, anyway.

No big loss. I've had plenty of great days out there, and I was on the verge of trying something new down south.
The day of my departure from the camp, I woke up with a bad cold and a cough. I medicated with fried chicken, hit the road and met Ron and immediately had another dose of fried chicken. After checking into our digs, I ate more fried food. When in Rome, right?

Between my condition and my anticipation of the day to come, I hardly slept. I was up at 3am in a pool of snot, 2 hrs before the appointed time. Bored, I sent some texts to the Rustbelt Bake, just to be a dick.

Ron already gave you the rundown, so I'll keep mine brief. The day started perfectly with landing a big fish at 7am. All the pressure was off, and as we say, everything else would just be a bonus. But it got better and better. I fucked up plenty of easy chances, made some good presentations, and one that I quite impressed myself with. Lots of cool shit happened. I was able to land 3 bulls; a cruiser, and tailer, and a crawler. Bad fucking ass.

Here are some pics that Ron and I took.

First fish of the day.

My new guitar.

The tailer/hero cast/hero shot.

New paddle for Redchaser's boat.

The impetus of these trips down south is always to visit family. Don't tell my wife, but that's not the real reason I'm always so eager to go.[/report]
By Redchaser
Ben,

You were a rock star on the front of the boat. Spotting that first fish and getting the fly off as quick as you did, launching the big cast to the tailer etc. I don't care if I get to cast or not when I've got somebody up front that can get it done it's just as much fun being up top and you do quite well. If we ever get a calm day on the water together you can learn the back of the boat......... Come back soon buddy.
By Mad_Mike
Well hell.. I suddenly feel inadequate with the redfish I put CE on few years back..

Thanks redfisher for making me feel bad..

Over all though, that looks like a damn fine time..

:cool
Cary wrote:Lafayette, to what, Houma, and no drive-thru daiquiris? wtf man.
No Pink Panties this time, but Ron did allow me to purchase my own beer.

Mad_Mike wrote:Well hell.. I suddenly feel inadequate with the redfish I put CE on few years back..
Oh, hell no. I'll always remember my first.
By Redchaser
Nah not Houma, we went to that place Laflyguy showed everybody on the map in his intro. Thanks for the hotspot, we needed it. I also needed somebody to point out what a black drum looks like.
By fatman
Mangina wrote:
fatman wrote:
Mangina wrote: I hate you both
:smile
Fatman

My sarcastic hate comment was directed to the two asshats starring in the thread with all the giant ass reds. Tots jelly

Not anything towards you. You were simply the place ce put the wood to

Ha ha ha
I knew that. I was agreeing with your hate comment. Sarcastically, off course.
By LA Fly Guy
Redchaser wrote:
Nah not Houma, we went to that place Laflyguy showed everybody on the map in his intro. Thanks for the hotspot, we needed it. I also needed somebody to point out what a black drum looks like.
A Confession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

The return of Stolen Hours

1-22-2020 - 2 Between five or six doctors&rsq[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Hare’s Ear Hedgehog https://live.stati[…]

Fu@#&^# Drake

the photofuckit assholes are holding my shit hosta[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine