Kettles...

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Gremlin

Re: Kettles...

Post by Gremlin » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:24 pm

and........ for obvious reasons, this watch must be waterproof!
The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:39 pm

[report]Suck it, Bitches! You're moving to the Bay Area. Go big.
Image[/report]
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

Fishwater

Post by Fishwater » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Lurgee wrote:I'm rough on stuff and historically have destroyed watches in no time whatsoever.

However, upon reading this post I looked down at the Citizen I've been wearing for the last 8 years and realized I've done nothing to it other than reset it for daylight savings time and many time zone jumps. Been bulletproof as far as I'm concerned.
X2
Citizen Eco Drive
The famous are rarely relevant, the relevant rarely famous.

James

Post by James » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Woolybug25 wrote:
Glista wrote:I’m with SouthFork on the Casio. I have had a G-sock for 5 or 6 years now. Tough, water proof, Solar powered.

http://www.shopcasio.com/category/watch ... ns-watches
Count me in too! Atomic time, so you never have to set it either. Pair that with never having to change the battery (solar recharge), being waterproof and being shockproof... and you have a kick ass watch.
Spicytuna wrote:
Glista wrote:Solar powered
What if its raining????
I originally bought mine in Colorado, so I was worried about this when I moved to Buffalo, but never had a problem. I'm sure Charlie will echo that sentiment. If you don't have to worry about it in Buffalo (or MI, for that matter), then you don't have to worry about it anywhere.
This. You can put it in a drawer for six months and it still works. G-shock all the way.

yard4sale

Post by yard4sale » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:06 pm

This thread just un-did all the drake goodness MTG restored with his Steelhead fly posts. Kindler, gentler, gheyer....
You can't go back and you can't stand still
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will

When your choices are between a pedophile religious zealot or a dem suddenly the pedophile religious zealot doesn't sound too bad. - PLOW

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:17 pm

yard4sale wrote:This thread just un-did all the drake goodness MTG restored with his Steelhead fly posts. Kindler, gentler, gheyer....
Most definitely gheyer. I was going to mention it earlier today when I first read it, but the kinder gentler shit stopped me.

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Randall Dee wrote:
yard4sale wrote:This thread just un-did all the drake goodness MTG restored with his Steelhead fly posts. Kindler, gentler, gheyer....
Most definitely gheyer. I was going to mention it earlier today when I first read it, but the kinder gentler shit stopped me.
It's Mitch's fault, this kettle obsession. :coffee
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Might want to look into the Russian Rolex, Vostok Amphibia, about $90 on eBay. My son tells me they are damned near bulletproof.

trapper

Post by trapper » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Friend that plays drums in a rock band turned me on to Casio 35 years ago. I had the last one($18) on for 3 years constant. The band broke, bought another one- water resistant

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:07 am

I settled for a sundial on the patio. I can't tell time with it, but if I can see it then I'm not at work and it's time for a drink.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

Glista

Post by Glista » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:41 am

Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.
watch.jpg
watch.jpg (57.11 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Ya, never had a problem with the G-shock battery running down.

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:17 am

Randall Dee wrote:

dont be a hater....

The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ