A trip to the marsh...

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
augustwest

Re: A trip to the marsh...

Post by augustwest » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:34 pm

Plow wrote:You guys need to back off backbone and let his healing process began.
Yes, and to accelerate the healing process there are several excellent life coaches here on the Drake, it's pretty obvious who they are.
"Enjoy every sandwich." -- W. Zevon

backbone

Post by backbone » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Trust me I'm not butthurt, a good friend asked me to take the TR down so I did.
Here is a replacement for your worries...

Last edited by backbone on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shufisher

Post by Shufisher » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Would someone help a brutha out...I'm one of the white specks and I'm frigging lost!
My shit stinks like a 3rd world country, but dammit, if I'm in Hood River, I'm not drinking Ranier! The Wandering Blues

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Shufisher wrote:Would someone help a brutha out...I'm one of the white specks and I'm frigging lost!

Look for the background. It's there.

Bears Fan

Post by Bears Fan » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:59 am

I thought everyone already knew there is only one place in LA to catch a redfish over 30".

Fun times off the boat as well I see!
"Some days you win, some you lose, and some get rained out." - Outcast

The Volfish

Post by The Volfish » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:15 pm

Ah, the beloved marsh. I thought all of the delta was wrecked by BP? Perhaps it was only on paper; for the settlement, mind.

With all of the hero videos over the past couple of years, you honestly didn't see the stampede coming? For fucks sake, the fish are retarded and everyone needs a picture with a super sized redfish or twenty.

Hotspotting? More like overly promoted.
Do I pay full price for every place I get to fish? Fuck no. - nemo

redfin89

Post by redfin89 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:18 pm

The Volfish wrote:For fucks sake, the fish are retarded and everyone needs a picture with a super sized redfish or twentyd.
You know I love a good hero shot :mrgreen:

I have no idea what I'm doing and can catch fish there. Over promoted? Yes

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:36 pm

The Volfish wrote:Ah, the beloved marsh. I thought all of the delta was wrecked by BP? Perhaps it was only on paper; for the settlement, mind.

With all of the hero videos over the past couple of years, you honestly didn't see the stampede coming? For fucks sake, the fish are retarded and everyone needs a picture with a super sized redfish or twenty.

It's been mostly out of state guides making the "promo" videos. There are a few spots that haven't yet been found by the masses. Ron et al are just trying to keep the masses from taking over those spots as well. It is inevitable though :cry:
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:52 pm

LA Fly Guy wrote:
The Volfish wrote:Ah, the beloved marsh. I thought all of the delta was wrecked by BP? Perhaps it was only on paper; for the settlement, mind.

It's been mostly out of state guides making the "promo" videos. There are a few spots that haven't yet been found by the masses. Ron et al are just trying to keep the masses from taking over those spots as well. It is inevitable though :cry:
At least the OP didn't post a map of the place...right Cory. :mrgreen:
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

LA Fly Guy

Post by LA Fly Guy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Redchaser wrote:
LA Fly Guy wrote:

At least the OP didn't post a map of the place...right Cory. :mrgreen:
Hey, I assumed no one went that far south from the north in a skiff or went that far north from the launches to the south. I guess I am just a dumbass :wink
... there are two kind of anglers, sight fishermen and the rest of you. If you don't see it first, it doesn't count. - Long Haired Dave

Bait fishermen and flatlanders that can't catch redfish spend more time fishing for specks - Redchaser

Ruddy Duck

Post by Ruddy Duck » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:39 pm

Redchaser wrote:At least the OP didn't post a map of the place...right Cory. :mrgreen:
Where else would Corey put his flies? :wink

Answer that one.

Smarty pants.

hookemdano

Post by hookemdano » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:03 pm

My sentiments exactly. The only good thing is the carpetbaggers follow each other around. None take the time to do their own homework. They wreck a spot for a season or 2 and then move on. There is great fishing in some places that have since fallen out of fashion.