New Guy

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
swampdonkey

New Guy

Post by swampdonkey » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:38 am

Greetings,

I'm an ex East Coaster that moved about two years ago to Montana for trout. So basically I'm the poster child of whats invading Bozeman and crowding your rivers.

I used to poke around one of the other fly fishing forums but those guys are awfully sensitive and endlessly debate the best 5wt.

I was going to just lurk a while longer before an intro but figure the flaming is going to occur regardless so might as well get it started.

Yesterday brought some abnormally warm weather to South West Montana so we shot up to the Missouri for a float. Nymph bite was pretty steady (as per usual) so we mainly just ran the Spey rods. Found willing fish all day. Standard MO bows, all fat and healthy.

Anyone in South West Montana that wants to get out then let me know as we are often looking for a third to fill a boat.
Attachments
IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1513.JPG (199.98 KiB) Viewed 3084 times

B.M. Barrelcooker

Re: New Guy

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:47 am

Did you say you "ran" spey rods ? please explain ?
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Mr. Don

Post by Mr. Don » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:48 am

Anyone in South West Montana that wants to get out then let me know as we are often looking for a third to fill my holes.
fixed
"I'm a wed-hot sportsman after wild game." E. Fudd

swampdonkey

Post by swampdonkey » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:51 am

Mr. Don wrote:
Anyone in South West Montana that wants to get out then let me know as we are often looking for a third to fill my holes.
fixed

Yeah or that.

locogringo

Post by locogringo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:52 am

swampdonkey wrote:Greetings,

I'm an ex East Coaster that moved about two years ago to Montana for trout. So basically I'm the poster child of whats invading Bozeman and crowding your rivers.

I used to poke around one of the other fly fishing forums but those guys are awfully sensitive and endlessly debate the best 5wt.

I was going to just lurk a while longer before an intro but figure the flaming is going to occur regardless so might as well get it started.

Yesterday brought some abnormally warm weather to South West Montana so we shot up to the Missouri for a float. Nymph bite was pretty steady (as per usual) so we mainly just ran the Spey rods. Found willing fish all day. Standard MO bows, all fat and healthy.

Anyone in South West Montana that wants to get out then let me know as we are often looking for a third to fill a boat.

fatman

Post by fatman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:52 am

swampdonkey wrote: I was going to just lurk a while longer before an intro
that was pretty good advice. you should have taken it.
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

CharlieJenkem

Post by CharlieJenkem » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:06 am

Uh, no. "Run" this.
Master of karate and friendship for everyone.

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:39 am

Maybe he's trying to take advantage of the Holiday Spirit....
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:51 pm

I hope Yellowstone erupts and kills us all.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

fallen513

Post by fallen513 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Why is it so fuckin' difficult?
____________________________________________________________________________________
I love flyfishing so much I want it to die. -thalweg

Isn't it TIME?

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:48 pm

You're a faggot.
boy in long pants

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:55 pm

Dear Poster Child ,
the best 5wt is a custom built one. Period. after you get done fucking around with tapers for years to find "the best 5wt" , it is built over a period of many man hours. and it is bamboo.
after you do a proper intro (read the post for newbs on the header) hooters , dead shit, kettle and pie. we can discuss which nipper's are best . until then get the fuck out of here.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa