This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By swampdonkey
Greetings,

I'm an ex East Coaster that moved about two years ago to Montana for trout. So basically I'm the poster child of whats invading Bozeman and crowding your rivers.

I used to poke around one of the other fly fishing forums but those guys are awfully sensitive and endlessly debate the best 5wt.

I was going to just lurk a while longer before an intro but figure the flaming is going to occur regardless so might as well get it started.

Yesterday brought some abnormally warm weather to South West Montana so we shot up to the Missouri for a float. Nymph bite was pretty steady (as per usual) so we mainly just ran the Spey rods. Found willing fish all day. Standard MO bows, all fat and healthy.

Anyone in South West Montana that wants to get out then let me know as we are often looking for a third to fill a boat.
Attachments:
IMG_1513.JPG
IMG_1513.JPG (199.98 KiB) Viewed 3088 times
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Did you say you "ran" spey rods ? please explain ?
By Mr. Don
Anyone in South West Montana that wants to get out then let me know as we are often looking for a third to fill my holes.
fixed
By swampdonkey
Mr. Don wrote:
Anyone in South West Montana that wants to get out then let me know as we are often looking for a third to fill my holes.
fixed

Yeah or that.
By locogringo
swampdonkey wrote:Greetings,

I'm an ex East Coaster that moved about two years ago to Montana for trout. So basically I'm the poster child of whats invading Bozeman and crowding your rivers.

I used to poke around one of the other fly fishing forums but those guys are awfully sensitive and endlessly debate the best 5wt.

I was going to just lurk a while longer before an intro but figure the flaming is going to occur regardless so might as well get it started.

Yesterday brought some abnormally warm weather to South West Montana so we shot up to the Missouri for a float. Nymph bite was pretty steady (as per usual) so we mainly just ran the Spey rods. Found willing fish all day. Standard MO bows, all fat and healthy.

Anyone in South West Montana that wants to get out then let me know as we are often looking for a third to fill a boat.
By fatman
swampdonkey wrote: I was going to just lurk a while longer before an intro
that was pretty good advice. you should have taken it.
By The Wandering Blues
Maybe he's trying to take advantage of the Holiday Spirit....
By Spudnik
I hope Yellowstone erupts and kills us all.
By fallen513
Why is it so fuckin' difficult?
By flybug.pa.
Dear Poster Child ,
the best 5wt is a custom built one. Period. after you get done fucking around with tapers for years to find "the best 5wt" , it is built over a period of many man hours. and it is bamboo.
after you do a proper intro (read the post for newbs on the header) hooters , dead shit, kettle and pie. we can discuss which nipper's are best . until then get the fuck out of here.
Attitude

There’s no wrong feeling when it comes to su[…]

Bitching Room Muzak

https://youtu.be/FssULNGSZIA This was so cool[…]

Luau 2020

I head home Wednesday....let me know if you want t[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Bump...carpflies CD9A0B67-3E43-4D8B-88C5-A11CA9D[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine