hardlife

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Bobwhite

Re: hardlife

Post by Bobwhite » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:57 pm

Made me smile, bud!

Thanks!
"Why in the fuck did I miss this place? It's like missing a raging case of the clap."

"Make it matter, fuckos." jhnnythndr

" Herre jävlar vilka fiskar!!" P-A

"I'm no saint though, nor a judge. Rock that shit good and hard, and on your way out, wipe your dick on the curtains." - Kyner

CarpeTructa

Post by CarpeTructa » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:39 am

Reminds me of growing up in New England - except you have more fish, better food and booze - looks good to me. It's gonna be in the 90's here this weekend, we should work something out where Drakians can swap places for a few days.
Somebody else is going to have to watch the door for me now. Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. Outcast (RIP)

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:20 am

CarpeTructa wrote: we should work something out where Drakians can swap places for a few days.

my luck I'd end up in prison... with blummers ending up in my missus.
I can freely burn a bible in the street but watch what happens with this koran...

now someone fucking explain that to me.

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:50 am

totally did not suck
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

marlo

Post by marlo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:05 am

I do not like ice fishing....but i do like your reportage

:cool
Here's hoping that we teach our children well...
And just maybe...to give those responsible a good kick in the fuck...
-CC

Gremlin

Post by Gremlin » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:05 am

that is living right!

I don't understand how people say they don't know what they'd do if they retired... do that, read books, watch sports, play with grandkids...
The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

Spicytuna

Post by Spicytuna » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:33 am

There is so much going on in there its ridiculous.

fine way to spend your time.

that little sumpin is damn good as well
"In truth you can throw dries and swing flies and still be a loser. That would be an elite loser though.
Rare breed." - MTgrayling

"You guys know the Magic Hour???? Yeah it just happened I was there!!!" DK

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:58 am

The hardlife isn't for pussies ... or the sane.

Well done!
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:48 pm

Looks cold...even from here brother...
Nice splash man...

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Speaking of books, I'm sending the latest de la Valdene memoir to Jonny. I'll instruct him to pass it along to you when he's done, but don't take it ice fishing. It's small enough to fall in the hole.

kish

Post by kish » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Ice fishing has always sounded like pure hell to me. Now hard water Hemingway shows up and I'm considering buying a snowmobile suit and tiny poles. What the hell. Good shit. When your publisher tells you to fix your shift key tell them to pound sand.
“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” Charles Kingsley

chadroc

Post by chadroc » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:31 am

bumping my own shit.

i went out fishing for money bait sometime in december with some sweet ass worms.

by catch! handsome hatchery ex stockie. this bitch fought like a beaver. gross. but fun on a old glass spinning rod and 2lb ice line.

final output

the el nino (c farley - spanish for the nino) stomped all over the ice season. but i got out twice. once for pike and once with my son and his buddy.

the moon was spectacular in setting. i wasn't going to let any assholes beat me to the spot. i got there ungodly early and drank coffee and smoked. i measured the moon set by fingers held up to the horizon line. when it was gone, i drilled in my shit.

i lost a fish to a snag. the motherfucker had run off 200 yards of line and wrapped me around some wood. this was bad omen. was that my only flag of the season? how big was the fish? we may never know.

oh shit! joe got a flag.

it got slow. i looked around at dead stuff, as you do.

once, a deer died here. it thought nothing.

oh shit! chad got a flag. little fella.

and another! little better, but no giant. we wonder about the fish that stumped me.

it gets slow. we nap. drink beers. eat sandwiches. talk shit.

the shitty part. i wonder about the fucking stump fish.

exmilitary. it go it go it go it go it go. guillotine.

i got out with the kids! my wife dressed my daughter up like george clinton but my little man looked the part.

we got a fat ass pickerel which got the kids all fired up.

snack time.

plenty of delicious bass.

flew a plane around, played hockey.

when they left i put my feet up and sat there like a moron waiting for one more flag.

then jammed all the shit back into my company car.

a couple weeks later, joe texted me a heartbreaking picture. i knew immediately what it was. no fucking way, i said. how big?

only a teen fish, some kid got it when joe was out there. we were both relieved that the hook was in the corner mouth and the fish was healthy and still feeding. less the lip ring treble jewelry this kid released it, good man.

the el nino stomped on with inches of rain and fifties. the fat lady sang.

till next year.

elk steak, taters, corn, milk.

holding it down on the other side of the border