This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By AJB
I'm looking to buy a drift boat in the next few weeks and looking for some guidance in regrds to brands, size, trailers, etc and am lookign for some advice or your experiences.

The boat will be be used on mid sized great lakes rivers where major rapids are not going to be a factor, some small class two rapids will be the most I expect we will be running through. These rivers do however run shallow and rocky in low summer months so the draft of the boat will be a consideration. The boat will be used for fall, winter and spring steelhead fishing as well as summer bass and musky fishing. On occassion I may drop the boat in the local small lakes for a little large mouth fishing. I expect I will log about 50 days a year in this boat. The boat should be realativily stable as I will often have my kids nine and twelve with me as well as my 100 pound golden on occassion. I would like a boat to have enough storage to carry overnight camping supplies on occassion. In many cases I will not be dropping the boat in at quality launches and will most likely need to pull the boat up inclines from the river. I am looking at putting a power winch on the trailer to assist.

Any thoughts you can share would be appreciated.

Thanks.
By TX.
My thoughts are that it wasn't a good idea to post that here.
It's right up there w/ "What's your favorite 5 wt?"

There is a search button, and it mostly works.

The fun is yet to come.
By fatman
del.jpg
del.jpg (30.33 KiB) Viewed 1132 times
By Hogleg
AJB wrote:I'm looking to buy a drift boat in the next few weeks and looking for some guidance in regrds to brands, size, trailers, etc and am lookign for some advice or your experiences.

The boat will be be used on mid sized great lakes rivers where major rapids are not going to be a factor, some small class two rapids will be the most I expect we will be running through. These rivers do however run shallow and rocky in low summer months so the draft of the boat will be a consideration. The boat will be used for fall, winter and spring steelhead fishing as well as summer bass and musky fishing. On occassion I may drop the boat in the local small lakes for a little large mouth fishing. I expect I will log about 50 days a year in this boat. The boat should be realativily stable as I will often have my kids nine and twelve with me as well as my 100 pound golden on occassion. I would like a boat to have enough storage to carry overnight camping supplies on occassion. In many cases I will not be dropping the boat in at quality launches and will most likely need to pull the boat up inclines from the river. I am looking at putting a power winch on the trailer to assist.

Any thoughts you can share would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Get fucked douchebag.

Edited for: I forgot what floor I was on...
Last edited by Hogleg on Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By cantfishforshit.
Hell...I thought he was upstairs...fucking scotch.
By TX.
Reef Runner wrote:I'm just here so I won't get fined
Damn Matt. How ya been?
I don't think I've seen you since you stuck that rod tip in the AC duct ten years ago.
Wait, was I even there, or did I come in right after?
Feeble memory.
Where are you living now?
By TX.
PS Noob.
Get a raft.
By TX.
Good point Ben,
They do say red is the best attracting color, besides chartreuse.
But the chartreuse boats don't hold up well w/ the UV and acid rain.
Neon colors just don't do well w/ that stuff.
Get red.
By Kfoxwyo
Hell I'd go with one of them RO low pro boats, its seems easier to sink and then you might drown. Which would kill a few birds with one stone..I think I've even seen ones with red highlights so it a win win. Just a thought-
By CarpeTructa
Get one of the ones with the removable drain plug that is centered under the rower's position. Don't forget to take out the plug before you launch - that is a typical noob mistake. Hope that helps.
A Confession

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

The return of Stolen Hours

1-22-2020 - 2 Between five or six doctors&rsq[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Hare’s Ear Hedgehog https://live.stati[…]

Fu@#&^# Drake

the photofuckit assholes are holding my shit hosta[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine