Hey Nemo

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
Meatwad

Re: Hey Nemo

Post by Meatwad » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:48 am

Hopefully they'll figure out a way to survive without the "help" of your great TRs.
Head on my shoes, I’m steer clear of the trees

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:58 am

Ruddy Duck wrote:If Tom says he isn't making shit off the adds then I believe him. However I wouldn't have an objection if he were getting rich off them. Actually, I hope the guy does get rich.

It's probably a dream of most people here to make good money pursuing a passion. My passion is nothing but a money drain and my income source has nothing to do with it.

I buy the magazine whether I read it or not. Its the price of admission.

I am entitled to nothing and try to appreciate what is provided to me.

And for what it's worth, I'd rather read about a forest service campground than a fancy lodge or island I will never go too in my lifetime.
^^^^ THIS^^^^
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

CarelessEthiopian

Post by CarelessEthiopian » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:01 am

The classifieds section used to have some great ads. Can we bring those back?
boy in long pants

Shufisher

Post by Shufisher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:01 am

These are my two favorite lines. (Except, in the first sentence, "money grabbing" should be hyphenated. In the second—try to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition.)
An example to look at...
"Maybe now you can actually pay the photogs for the pics you "bought" from them but just forgot to pay up on, you money-grabbing douche bag?"
augustwest wrote:Last week I fished for two days with two solid dudes from this board. Each of them poled me around their home waters looking for snook, redfish and tarpon. I am very grateful to them. And I'm grateful to Tom Bie for providing me the means to connect with these fellow inmates.

I hope Tom sells about 10 times more ads, so he can keep paying for this tree house and maybe even make enough money to keep Clyde on the road for a little longer.

No question, there's a lot to dislike about the new look. But nobody has to see the ads. Making them invisible is easy, and free. Even for ultra badass internet super tough guys.
There's no place for this kind of rational in this thread, no matter how true the statement...now take it back! Um wait...Take it back, asshole?
My shit stinks like a 3rd world country, but dammit, if I'm in Hood River, I'm not drinking Ranier! The Wandering Blues

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:08 am

augustwest wrote:Last week I fished for two days with two solid dudes from this board. Each of them poled me around their home waters looking for snook, redfish and tarpon. I am very grateful to them. And I'm grateful to Tom Bie for providing me the means to connect with these fellow inmates.

I hope Tom sells about 10 times more ads, so he can keep paying for this tree house and maybe even make enough money to keep Clyde on the road for a little longer.

No question, there's a lot to dislike about the new look. But nobody has to see the ads. Making them invisible is easy, and free. Even for ultra badass internet super tough guys.
^^^^^^^^ I agree :cool
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

Transylwader

Post by Transylwader » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:17 am

Seriously, what is $8 a year more going to do to one's wallet? if you can afford a fishing license or a tank of gas, fucking get over it!
I paid the purveyor of my local forum $20 about 2 years ago. The place fucking sucks now! In part, the owner is to blame coz he just doesn't give a fuck and a band of absolute winners who are on that "I'm a fly fisherman bro" bandwagon are ruining it with their waste of space comments, vanilla as fuck reports (some of whom even had the audacity to try post a fuckstick intro on the Drake and got shitcanned for good measure) and of course, their use of religion to guilt one into feeling they should start praying.
Like it or leave. I like the Drake. The blokes on here are as solid as they come, kinda like a healthy shit the morning after a banquet dinner. Just slides out easy, and you burn like four to five tickets, not those disastrous thunder shits you get when you eat a chicken vindeloo and end up using an entire roll in one sitting and have to text someone to drop off another roll and still end up having to shower upside down
Shit is everywhere, but this is a grand shitshow. As for the ads? Well, do you throw your remote at the TV or punch your radio in your car when you hear/see an ad? It's what makes alot of business related shit float, bray...
Carry on, Nemo.
If assholes could fly, Raleigh would be a fucking airport - my Mum

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:45 am

Transylwader wrote:Seriously, what is $8 a year more going to do to one's wallet? if you can afford a fishing license or a tank of gas, fucking get over it!
I paid the purveyor of my local forum $20 about 2 years ago. The place fucking sucks now! In part, the owner is to blame coz he just doesn't give a fuck and a band of absolute winners who are on that "I'm a fly fisherman bro" bandwagon are ruining it with their waste of space comments, vanilla as fuck reports (some of whom even had the audacity to try post a fuckstick intro on the Drake and got shitcanned for good measure) and of course, their use of religion to guilt one into feeling they should start praying.
Like it or leave. I like the Drake. The blokes on here are as solid as they come, kinda like a healthy shit the morning after a banquet dinner. Just slides out easy, and you burn like four to five tickets, not those disastrous thunder shits you get when you eat a chicken vindeloo and end up using an entire roll in one sitting and have to text someone to drop off another roll and still end up having to shower upside down
Shit is everywhere, but this is a grand shitshow. As for the ads? Well, do you throw your remote at the TV or punch your radio in your car when you hear/see an ad? It's what makes alot of business related shit float, bray...
Carry on, Nemo.
Luv you too, fuckstick! :gun
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Lando

Post by Lando » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:07 pm

I farted in Clyde Sunday. In glad I got that off my chest.....so hey, is there an as blocker for phones?
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

Shufisher

Post by Shufisher » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Lando wrote:I farted in Clyde Sunday. In glad I got that off my chest.....so hey, is there an as blocker for phones?
Don't know about that...but I understand there is spell Czech...I'm not sure where you can find it at.

Since Nemo's broke, you owe him one of these.
My shit stinks like a 3rd world country, but dammit, if I'm in Hood River, I'm not drinking Ranier! The Wandering Blues

SLSS

Post by SLSS » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:52 pm

Shufisher wrote: Since Nemo's broke, you owe him one of these.
Shoe- you're gonna put a tree-shaped freshener in Clyde?
ClydeFreshener.jpg
ClydeFreshener.jpg (47.9 KiB) Viewed 772 times
It's lime the battles between sperm whales and giant squid half a mile below the surface of the ocean. Only it happens in the palm I your hand.- thndr

when I fall, I am still cold and wet, but much more stylishly dressed. as my hat disappears in the riffle- flybug.pa

"Sugar? No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough."

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Whining about some ads on a free site? Really?

Meanwhile, 80% of you whiners keep paying $1200+/yr for cable TV, which has commercials that actually interrupt the shit you're trying to watch, instead of just sitting off to the side.

I'd bet that the cost of running this site is at least $400/mo and each refresh costs Nemo $2k+.

Seriously, quit whining.

flybug.pa. wrote:Ad blocker is simple and very effective. Carry on folks.
Yep, haven't seen one yet.

get with it whiners https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... idom?hl=en
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

root wad

Post by root wad » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Yet another great drakian meltdown and grammar lesson. A valuable reason to be here. I feel like one of the terrified and mesmerized bystanders in Shapiro's poem "Autowreck." And without doubt, ending a sentence with a preposition is faux pas up with which I shall not put.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."