This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By Woolybug25
I'm sure glad we're all back to being dear friends.
By cantfishforshit.
This place gives me the feelz.
By Shufisher
cantfishforshit. wrote:This place gives me the feelz.
Like a reach around.
By yard4sale
Because why not?
Bunnycake.jpg
Bunnycake.jpg (44.19 KiB) Viewed 558 times
By Redchaser
yard4sale wrote:Because why not?
Bunnycake.jpg
I want to know what you have against hookers and blow.
By The Wandering Blues
Redchaser wrote:
It's two things you can't afford if you're making a living in the fly fishing industry.
By Da Ax
The Wandering Blues wrote:
Redchaser wrote:
It's two things you can't afford if you're making a living in the fly fishing industry.
Even if you have a pro deal?
By yard4sale
Redchaser wrote:
yard4sale wrote:Because why not?
Bunnycake.jpg
Its just such a fukn cliche joke for internet tough guy middle aged upper class white guys who probably saw some coke once in college and are scared to even drive through neighborhoods where there are hookers. They make the same joke on the sailing BBs I cruise if that tells you anything...

Relates: I'm never using a hyphen again just to piss of Nemo.
By FormerlyChaseChrome
yard4sale wrote:
Relates: I'm never using a hyphen again just to piss of Nemo.
Editorial erudition aside...does that also mean an em dash???
He didn't specify...perhaps some clarity is in order

ellipses

Layout STILL sucks...eh Fallen...
By fallen513
Some people have done mountains of blow and hookers too, you know.
By Nemo
See, this is the problem, Yard. Even when you're trying to make a smart-ass point about punctuation, you fuck up the punctuation. What do English teachers teach in schools these days? Sexting?

You say, "I'm never using a hyphen again just to piss of Nemo." Are you also pledging to never use a comma? That sentence implies that you did use a hyphen, once, just to piss me off. It's like saying, "I'm never using an ax again just to trim my toenails."

What you meant to say was, "I'm never using a hyphen again, just to piss off Nemo."

As to the em-dash (should be hyphenated) question, just know that a hyphen is used to join two words together in a compound construction (drag-free drift). Again, this is for clarity. Hyphens are also used to break up words that won't fit on one sentence.

em-dashes should generally be used whenever adding information to a sentence that disrupts the flow, or where the writer feels commas wouldn't be strong enough: "Winter steelheading on a 20-degree day in January—cold and lonely and miserable as fuck—can actually be quite pleasant."

en-dashes are pretty close to hyphens, but just a little wider, and they are mostly used for stuff like page numbers (Pages 5–7 are popular in The Drake) or sports scores: "The Blazers got the living shit kicked out of them by Memphis on Sunday, losing 86–100. Hopefully they'll do better tonight."
By Spicytuna
I have been told I need to use more commas

Happy fourth of July...

Earth has exceeded its load limit. Let the dumb d[…]

your wife does Yes... She told me about your […]

Luau 2020

Wish I could, but nay, I cannae. Hopefully next y[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine