Michigan Hotspotting Info

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
youghriverguide

Michigan Hotspotting Info

Post by youghriverguide » Thu May 07, 2015 8:51 am

Dear Michigan Draketards:

Life is taking me to Traverse City next weekend; though I might be staying in Grayling Saturday and Sunday. Any suggestions on where to spend a day fishing near either venue? Should I bring a drifty?

Thanks.
1030414aa1c61c5ee3a1f970988c301e.jpg
1030414aa1c61c5ee3a1f970988c301e.jpg (28.36 KiB) Viewed 2009 times

stratabass

Re: Michigan Hotspotting Info

Post by stratabass » Thu May 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Carp....if it's warm enough.
"A part-time pirate just can't get much respect around here." JMcM

SageBrush

Post by SageBrush » Fri May 08, 2015 9:20 am

Grayling...... :cool

nemo wrote: Guys, guys, please. I just got an e-mail from Mr. Ormsby, and it seems he was a bit offended that you didn't take time to read his novel, not to mention that you made fun of his Canadianess.

Woolybug25

Post by Woolybug25 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:22 am

Let me check my schedule, I may be available next weekend if you want some company.

Bring the drifter.

I'll shoot you a pm. :cool
"All mountain hippies are as young as they day they were born, smarter than Einstein, better looking than Tom Selleck and could outfish an army of pinners." - foureyedgeek

www.hiptothesip.blogspot.com

Ajax

Post by Ajax » Sat May 09, 2015 10:13 am

I'd fish the Upper Manistee... You'll cross it west of Grayling on M-72. Things are starting to pop pretty good there with solid Hendrickson's the past few afternoons and evenings, and the fish are finally looking up. I'm hearing that the North & South branches of the Au Sab are also starting to go, but there's no consistent reports of where or when.

Ditto on Spike's... Read the plaques on the wall commemorating the stunning quantities of beer consumed by NG MP platoons way back when. My brother was in one of those units.

My favorite fly shop in the area is Old Au Sable, right on the river where it crosses Business 75. Here's a link to their latest report...

http://www.oldausable.com/blog/category/river-reports/

Good luck!
I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?
-Leo Durocher

SageBrush

Post by SageBrush » Mon May 11, 2015 11:34 am

revisited................Remember the Spikeburger but don't pass up the Onion Rings...best ever. :cool
nemo wrote: Guys, guys, please. I just got an e-mail from Mr. Ormsby, and it seems he was a bit offended that you didn't take time to read his novel, not to mention that you made fun of his Canadianess.

cerevisiaephilus

Post by cerevisiaephilus » Tue May 12, 2015 7:10 am

If I was in Traverse City next weekend, I'd definitely fish Mission Point for smallmouth and carp.

Upper Manistee could be a good float, but car spotting there is a pain in the ass, and easy to get lost. There was one dude that ran spots in the area between 72 and 131. And he was trying to move. I'm sure someone filled the void? There are probably more spotter options towards Grayling/72 than towards 131.

Where's Daytripper?

Lower Man could still have quite a few steelhead around and smallmouth are probably starting to move pretty good there too. It's not just Tippy Dam. There's lots of water to float.

Traverse City is a great place to visit.
"All I feel is a slight hope that a giant, shunned, sexually deviant Cryptid will start enforcing his own perverted justice for crimes against nature." -jerome

DayTripper

Post by DayTripper » Tue May 12, 2015 8:01 pm

We've come for your daughter, Chuck.

Because if I tell you, you'll tell your friends, your friends are callin' me on the horn all the time, I gotta show up at shopping centers for openings and sign autographs and shit like that and it makes my life a hell. Okay? A living hell. :cool

DayTripper

Post by DayTripper » Tue May 12, 2015 8:08 pm

And fuck Spikes. Burgers used to be special, now eating one is like faking an orgasm.

Check out http://www.michiganmapsonline.com/websi ... /home.html