Dr. Enuf and the TVA: TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
root wad

Re: Dr. Enuf and the TVA: TR

Post by root wad » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:59 pm

I think there are a some around here that need a nap. Good to see someone getting out and taking the time to report.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:11 pm

root wad wrote:I think there are a some around here that need a nap. Good to see someone getting out and taking the time to report.
I think those other guys are just angry that the report didnt include any muddlers in this, the year of the.

I know I was really angry, so angry I nearly punched my confuser.

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:19 pm

This did not suck. The net weight of all the troot I released on Saturday.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Creamer wrote:
I left out the places I thought were "off the radar," those were not the only cricks fished. The ones I mentioned seemed obvious to me since there were crowds at all of them.
jfc... typical answer when sussed.

listen mate, little tip for success here:
"real drakians don't apologise or need to explain anything."

sorry mate, I just thought you should know as it's petty common knowledge around here; started back in '07.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Creamer wrote:One old man yelled "Ha!" like he was herding cattle.
my bad!
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:28 am

Good shit, thanks for taking the time to share.

And just remember - the only people that hoot and holler after hooking a fish are the ones who aren't familiar with doing it.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

T.J. Brayshaw

Post by T.J. Brayshaw » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:41 am

Spudnik wrote:Good shit, thanks for taking the time to share.

And just remember - the only people that hoot and holler after hooking a fish are the ones who aren't familiar with doing it.
http://www.si.com/vault/1974/12/02/6192 ... orlds-best

"The intensity with which he fishes is inspiring. He began to eat his lunch one-handed. He would cast, then in the several seconds it took for the line to sink, he would take a quick bite of a sandwich, set it down and retrieve the fly, cast again, take another bite. He fishes from dawn to dark with no stops in between for food or conversation. One time he was fishing a run so wide he had to wade within two inches of the top of his chest-high waders and then make 100-foot casts. Realizing this effort was far too strenuous to maintain for long, he went up to the car and brought down his sign painter's step ladder, which he then carried out to where he had been wading. He climbed up on it and fished in comfort. And when Schaadt arises tomorrow or the next day, or next year, it will be with the same enthusiasm for fishing that he had 20 years ago. When he hooks a fish he often screams and yells. Fishermen nearby who don't know him figure, "Boy, that must be the first one that guy ever caught."

woolly bugger

Post by woolly bugger » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:07 am

CarelessEthiopian wrote:We already have a guy that posts pics of every ten incher that gets caught. We don't need another one. Same fucking river, too.

fuck off :bomb
Buy Mexico Returns

ex "I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!"
me "There's a season???"

I wish there were more people here that put up the type of quality shit you do. Been feeshn' lately? - Ryan

Thrillbilly

Post by Thrillbilly » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Looks like a fun day :cool

Mad_Mike

Post by Mad_Mike » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Yeah.. That wasn't terrible.. But I do have to agree with the whole not naming rivers thing... It's not even about how crowded they are or aren't.. its just bad form..

Just say you went to TN, or even that you just headed south.. then leave it at that, and just show us what you caught... You're not posting to a travel magazine.. we don't need instructions, or directions.. we just wanna see pictures of dead shit, occasional tits you may have run across, some tasty food, and a fish here or there... thats it... leave the other shit alone. If someone really cares to know where exactly you were, they will PM you, and then you can decide if you wanna spill it or not..

Just my .02...

Relates: I went trout fishing this weekend too... :coffee
Mad Mike
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. - Hemingway

Leonardo DiCaprio wins at life! - Row vs. Wade

LeeO

Post by LeeO » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:16 pm

Next thing you know someone will post a TR from that "secret stream" (Elkhorn Cr) in WV. Because you know everybody and their brother doesn't already know about it.

Cool report.
Custom Bamboo Fly Rods http://www.304rodcompany.com

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Mad_Mike wrote:Yeah.. That wasn't terrible.. But I do have to agree with the whole not naming rivers thing... It's not even about how crowded they are or aren't.. its just bad form..

Just say you went to TN, or even that you just headed south.. then leave it at that, and just show us what you caught... You're not posting to a travel magazine.. we don't need instructions, or directions.. we just wanna see pictures of dead shit, occasional tits you may have run across, some tasty food, and a fish here or there... thats it... leave the other shit alone. If someone really cares to know where exactly you were, they will PM you, and then you can decide if you wanna spill it or not..

Just my .02...

Relates: I went trout fishing this weekend too... :coffee
Sage advice that^

Should be added to the sticky.

I'll add that conspicuous landscape photos are an official malfeasance.
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG