This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By root wad
I think there are a some around here that need a nap. Good to see someone getting out and taking the time to report.
By Heero[CntRmbrPwd]
root wad wrote:I think there are a some around here that need a nap. Good to see someone getting out and taking the time to report.
I think those other guys are just angry that the report didnt include any muddlers in this, the year of the.

I know I was really angry, so angry I nearly punched my confuser.
By austrotard
Creamer wrote:
I left out the places I thought were "off the radar," those were not the only cricks fished. The ones I mentioned seemed obvious to me since there were crowds at all of them.
jfc... typical answer when sussed.

listen mate, little tip for success here:
"real drakians don't apologise or need to explain anything."

sorry mate, I just thought you should know as it's petty common knowledge around here; started back in '07.
By woolly bugger
Creamer wrote:One old man yelled "Ha!" like he was herding cattle.
my bad!
By Spudnik
Good shit, thanks for taking the time to share.

And just remember - the only people that hoot and holler after hooking a fish are the ones who aren't familiar with doing it.
By T.J. Brayshaw
Spudnik wrote:Good shit, thanks for taking the time to share.

And just remember - the only people that hoot and holler after hooking a fish are the ones who aren't familiar with doing it.
http://www.si.com/vault/1974/12/02/6192 ... orlds-best

"The intensity with which he fishes is inspiring. He began to eat his lunch one-handed. He would cast, then in the several seconds it took for the line to sink, he would take a quick bite of a sandwich, set it down and retrieve the fly, cast again, take another bite. He fishes from dawn to dark with no stops in between for food or conversation. One time he was fishing a run so wide he had to wade within two inches of the top of his chest-high waders and then make 100-foot casts. Realizing this effort was far too strenuous to maintain for long, he went up to the car and brought down his sign painter's step ladder, which he then carried out to where he had been wading. He climbed up on it and fished in comfort. And when Schaadt arises tomorrow or the next day, or next year, it will be with the same enthusiasm for fishing that he had 20 years ago. When he hooks a fish he often screams and yells. Fishermen nearby who don't know him figure, "Boy, that must be the first one that guy ever caught."
By woolly bugger
CarelessEthiopian wrote:We already have a guy that posts pics of every ten incher that gets caught. We don't need another one. Same fucking river, too.

fuck off :bomb
By Mad_Mike
Yeah.. That wasn't terrible.. But I do have to agree with the whole not naming rivers thing... It's not even about how crowded they are or aren't.. its just bad form..

Just say you went to TN, or even that you just headed south.. then leave it at that, and just show us what you caught... You're not posting to a travel magazine.. we don't need instructions, or directions.. we just wanna see pictures of dead shit, occasional tits you may have run across, some tasty food, and a fish here or there... thats it... leave the other shit alone. If someone really cares to know where exactly you were, they will PM you, and then you can decide if you wanna spill it or not..

Just my .02...

Relates: I went trout fishing this weekend too... :coffee
By Hogleg
Mad_Mike wrote:Yeah.. That wasn't terrible.. But I do have to agree with the whole not naming rivers thing... It's not even about how crowded they are or aren't.. its just bad form..

Just say you went to TN, or even that you just headed south.. then leave it at that, and just show us what you caught... You're not posting to a travel magazine.. we don't need instructions, or directions.. we just wanna see pictures of dead shit, occasional tits you may have run across, some tasty food, and a fish here or there... thats it... leave the other shit alone. If someone really cares to know where exactly you were, they will PM you, and then you can decide if you wanna spill it or not..

Just my .02...

Relates: I went trout fishing this weekend too... :coffee
Sage advice that^

Should be added to the sticky.

I'll add that conspicuous landscape photos are an official malfeasance.

Herro just start an "all things chicken threa[…]

These clothings are no different than today’[…]

Other people's flys — 2.0 / Covid edition […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Caddis Emerger https://live.staticflickr.com[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine