This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By austrotard
mrl0004 wrote:Walleye on the fly, eh? How does one do that? I am going to Canada-land next month and everyone has been telling me that they're too deep to catch on a fly. :cool
white leech.

I know what goes on.

blaw,
nice report but needs more flowers.
By chadroc
great stuff, this. thanks for throwing this up. i love the anticipation of an opening day.....very cool.
By SLSS
Damn. :cool
By BobLoblaw
mrl0004 wrote:Walleye on the fly, eh? How does one do that? I am going to Canada-land next month and everyone has been telling me that they're too deep to catch on a fly. :cool
Yeah, by next month they'll be deep, fer sure.
My secret?
Find a lake that's overpopulated with stunted, undernourished, semi-retarded 'eyes & have at 'er!
I believe this one bit his own face off, fer Christ's sake...

Early in the spring, I've had pretty good success stripping streamers on a sink tip; doesn't seem to matter what the hell is on the end of your line when they're feeding aggressively. When they don't want to chase, I tie on a marabou micro-jig under a quick release indy; this has worked in from 6-15 feet of water- best with some chop on the water, of course. I'm sure any leech, bugger, etc, would work; I like the li'l jig 'cuz it gets down fast.
:cool

(Also, listen to Mitch on the white leech thing. He wrote that in English; he only does that when he's really being serious.)
By BobLoblaw
Thanks, y'all, for the positive feedback.
I really appreciate it!
8 more hours of work, off at 7am.
Going fishing.
Come home, sleep.
Do it again on Saturday.
Sunday is a maybe...

Have a great weekend, everyone!
:cool
By K_P
I defect!

I pledge allegiance, to the fish
of the incredible place called Canuckistan.
By BobLoblaw
[report]Got out again, today.
Here's a teaser...

:cool[/report]
By flybug.pa.
so purdy Bob
By Lurgee
Canadia is A OK Eh?

Spent a week there (as way far east as you can go) last week and truly enjoyed it.

and a sheep shot. strong work :smile

Luau 2020

> I'll try and put up a proper TR next week or […]

help me out?

Sent money - I don't want anything in return shoul[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Lando - am I still sending the ones for Dibs […]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine