honalee

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
chadroc

honalee

Post by chadroc » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:45 pm

my summers been nothing but busy. i'm sorry to say that i haven't gotten to the post office or the barber shop, or the water much. i have been out for dragons once. 2 of my friends tell tales of pike eating monster pike. they have been getting some action so fuck busy, in a fit of rage a few weeks ago i got out and floated with them.

my son asked me if i was goin fishin. wit flyiieeeyyyssss? yup i said. tiny ones? nymps? nope. bigggggggg ones, pike eat big ones. big? like children?

it felt real good to leave home before light to go fishing, real good.

i didn't catch any, but i had a great half day on a float. i've had some bad luck this summer, so the kindness was appreciated and i saw a new to me river from a sweet vantage point. i had 2 strong hits from a shit eating fish, but i missed both. this started haunting me about 2 hours down the road on the way to my mother in laws big dinner at some fancy restaurant. i warshed up in a gas station bathroom and splashed cold water on my face. i was ready.

my kids are young, they don't love fancy restaurants or sitting still. this was problematic. i ordered another margarita and the calimari. the wife was more or less shocked when it arrived and i whispered to her "it isn't deep fried?" she had to correct me as i began using the serving spoon to ladle up the un-deep-fried squids past my wire brush greying beard. i was a bit haunted, but it was sick as hell to watch raekwon nail one.

banana bread.

fathers day weekend i told my wife i wanted to go fishing with my little partner. to all the drake fathers out there, do good work. to all the drake fathers and sons out there with no fathers left, pour some out. we had a sick time, we nailed fish on robo lizards and gear. good times, good times. once i stopped trying to mend 8lb test, i got quickly adept at fishing a robo lizard, and was glad to watch river learn to impart action on the lure, we didn't even use the worms.

cast it out! wind it in daddy! just a little bit. yup. oh oooh ooooh! little more! got one daddy! he come an ate dat robo lizard!

for a while, i forgot about busy, forgot about poor, forgot about sorrow, forgot about time. forgot about the clouds rolling in. forgot about any chance of storm or ill wind, until the wind blew up and we we had to scamper for shore.

i'm very grateful for my children, and i dearly miss my dad. when it was time to beat it, i left the canoe overturned on the shoreline. i thought how those bass would gladly eat flies and went home to get drunk on margaritas with my wife, whom i had told i didn't want to feel my face that night. she obliged with the silver and we ate thai food piggishly in the comfort of our own home. in the morning, in the rain i went and visited my dad's grave. then we went to her folks house to see her dad, and i was sadly, jealous.

when the kids fell asleep my wife sent me out. i jammed a bunch of rods in my ride and got gone. i was glad to be alone, and found a lesser esox in the shallows before i even got in the boat.

then i found the same schools of bass my son and i had found the day before. i forgot it all again and just had a lot of fun in a sweet little pond.

respect the old shack in the woods. fish the pads. i caught a lot a bass on a fly from the jar. may it grow fat with useful flies.

my wife and daughter come over after a while and we all took a swim in the humid afternoon. i told my son that i loved a swim in the late afternoon, before bed, to get all cool and stuff. he agrees, said it made him feel smooth. i was grateful for my family. on the way out i stopped at another pond to watch the sun go down, and catch a bluegill.

Last edited by chadroc on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holding it down on the other side of the border

enjoy your catch (it died)

Trucha Del Mar

Re: honalee

Post by Trucha Del Mar » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:01 pm

That was awesome. Attaboy.
Goin' back to Houston, do the hot dog dance. Goin' back to Houston, to get me some pants.

The sheepshead fish has human teeth, but it's OK because it won't give you a psychedelic crisis.

bring your own lampshade, somewhere there's a party...

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:04 pm

this right here is the shit.
just word it differently when you tell him.

and don't forget to include a fitting choon next time.
peebs will tell you how to do it. he's like our you-choob instructor or some shit.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

fatman

Post by fatman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 pm

fine
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

comescrashing

Post by comescrashing » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 pm

That was really good

stillsteamin

Post by stillsteamin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:36 pm

This is awesome. Really dig the glass and Aprihop
I still like to explore new water, but these holes and drifts and slots are like the books and records I have carried around for decades. They are not only places of affection - they are the fabric of my life. - Doug Rose

Randall Dee

Post by Randall Dee » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:56 pm

fark-n-aye. that was good.

The Wandering Blues

Post by The Wandering Blues » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:57 pm

Plain spoken eloquence. Real life right there.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:59 pm

Good stuff man, hang in there through the bumps in the road.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Bigguy

Post by Bigguy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Top shelf there! :cool

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:04 pm

austrotard wrote: and don't forget to include a fitting choon next time.
peebs will tell you how to do it. he's like our you-choob instructor or some shit.
being able to tell if this is a compliment or a dig is like being able to tell if you stepped in mud or dogshit at night, without smelling your shoe
:wink

This TR was stellar. Kids, Esox (two kinds, and that Chain Pickleface was colored up nice!), warm-water bonanza. Hell man, job well done.
:cool
Everybody knows this is nowhere...

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:07 pm

complimentary, my friend.
I'll be fucked if I'm fighting two of you.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice