This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
By wvangler
Strong words.

I have a stonefly left over from a batch of unknown origin that has been attached to my desk lamp for prob 8 years. My intention was to figure out how the hell it was tied and replicate, since apparently the pattern fished well. A buncha years later my mind has decided to remain convinced that this pattern caught every fish in the river. Don't ask me which river, cuz I have no idea. Really. Initially, said fly sat unreplicated because I'm too lazy and forgetful. Now it is just a goddam legendary reminder that if I had only taken the time to replicate the pattern, my last fishing trip woulda been more perfect. I need that kind of hope in my life.
By chadroc
really cool read. thanks for throwing that down.
By fishskibum
well aint that the kinda shizz some wannabe wordsmith bloggers and aspiring social media rockstar would try way to hard to capture yet miss
fuck you for makin me think of gramps, a small box of fies, and a fuckin lifelong addiction
na fuck me for being a candy ass teary eyed softies
By vaku
Ben is lying, I once saw his 'fly' box with bait in it. A real natural hopper that he was keeping. It was surrounded by flies, but I think it was misdirection.

I too have to many flies. I used to buy the small dries, sub 20, but then i realized I never fished them. I think of all the flies I have, I only fish about 4 for trout, golden stone, blue/purple midge, bwo emerger and a dry sulfur.

Do you even fish bro?
By fly-chucker
Hell, we all know that the only thing in CE's fly box is/are rainbows.

Thats all that unicorns eat.
By Bruiser
fly-chucker wrote:Hell, we all know that the only thing in CE's fly box is/are rainbows.

Thats all that unicorns eat.
Speaking of remembering where flies came from - I still have the carp flies you sent me. Eventually a big fish will eat one of them - they are excellent flies. Last summer there was a kid out shooting them with a bow at my local spot. They are always spooky but dang that made them impossible.

I caught more Tarpon that Carpon last year.
By CarelessEthiopian
vaku wrote:Ben is lying, I once saw his 'fly' box with bait in it. A real natural hopper that he was keeping. It was surrounded by flies, but I think it was misdirection.
It's true. I forgot all about that. I just dug through my hopper KFC mashed potato cups hoping it might still be there. Alas, I must have chucked it in the creek. It was real nice to hold a handful of big bugs again, though.
By dunk
Good stuff there.

I've been drifting toward the pleasant simplicity of limited fly disorganization - then the family got me 2 new boxes for the holidays.

I'm so confused...
WTF, Hieronymus

Right on. Tell these losers what is up, braddah.[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson’s Farmer Palmer https://live.st[…]

Impeachment pool

I puts yur flies in the fishes mouth for you http[…]

A Confession

The forecast called for rain, and it's a two mile […]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine