For Dog's Sake-TR

This forum is for general topics. Keep all posts, images, etc safe for those who read the forum at work. Post only that content that you'd want your mama to read. Violators will be banned.
B.M. Barrelcooker

Re: For Dog's Sake-TR

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Wait Bob. I see what you did.

You sly dog.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Boomin

Post by Boomin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:14 pm

[report]I'm partial to this RA version:

:cool[/report]

root wad

Post by root wad » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:43 pm

Is that an English Cocker?
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:55 pm

root wad wrote:Is that an English Cocker?
Root beat me to it. Cocker or two? nice looking pup hiding in the kennel's shadow too. Bout time this thread got something respectable posted in it.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:10 pm

Boomin wrote:[report]I'm partial to this RA version:

:cool[/report]
Love it
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

Boomin

Post by Boomin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:22 pm

That's my dog Boomer the amazing brittany spaniel. Dog in the box is a Boykin. I always assumed Poon Dog was an english cocker. I grew up around a ton of them, I was always jealous of the cool old men that had them. You get immediate street cred in South GA showing up with an english cocker in your back pocket

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:27 pm

I've never needed street cred in South Georgia........I know Thndr.

But I rekon that's good to know.

root wad

Post by root wad » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:57 pm

The Mighty Poondog came from Wiregrass Plantation in Worth County, Georgia. I was a part of a deer lease near the plantation with a couple of guide buddies from Homosassa. In the course of being a part of the community the manager at Wiregrass took a shine to my youngest son, who was the main reason for my involvement with the lease. We ended up with The Poondog. I guess I should say Poondog ended up with us. He is to this day the finest friend I have ever known. Excuse me while I wipe my eyes.
Life is a whole lot more simple when you plow around the stump.
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

fatman

Post by fatman » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:58 pm

like.jpg
like.jpg (4.38 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop

Boomin

Post by Boomin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:53 pm

root wad wrote:The Mighty Poondog came from Wiregrass Plantation in Worth County, Georgia. I was a part of a deer lease near the plantation with a couple of guide buddies from Homosassa. In the course of being a part of the community the manager at Wiregrass took a shine to my youngest son, who was the main reason for my involvement with the lease. We ended up with The Poondog. I guess I should say Poondog ended up with us. He is to this day the finest friend I have ever known. Excuse me while I wipe my eyes.
No shit...I grew up in Albany. If the Poondog came from Wiregrass he's the real deal. There's a weird connection with South GA and spaniels that I don't imagine you really see anywhere else. You didn't ever hit the Flint for shoal bass while you were down there?

And BM: if you're from Kentucky listening to Ryan Adams 1989, nobody is flexing on your street cred...fact

Adams

Post by Adams » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:44 pm

This threaded needed more spaniel. And cowbell.
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 am

no.
thread needs ungaying.

or not.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice